|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daru looks back toward the Arab a second time, what does he see?
(a) The Arab staring at him
(b) Balducci heading toward the Arab
(c) The Arab walking toward Tinguit
(d) The Arab walking toward the Nomads
2. Many of Daru's students are from what type of family?
3. Where does Daru put the gun when he is cooking?
(a) In his pocket
(b) In his desk in the classroom
(c) Next to him on the counter
(d) Under his bed
4. In what month does this story begin?
5. Who does Daru think of as he looks out over the deserted land beyond the plateau?
(a) The Arab
(c) The police station
(d) His students
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the schoolmaster watching out the schoolhouse window?
2. Where do the men stop to rest?
3. How did Balducci leave the schoolhouse?
4. What food does Daru make for the Arab?
5. Who is considered the protagonist of this story?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)