|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what ethnicity is Daru in this story?
(c) French Algerian
(d) French Arabic
2. Which of the following would be the best antonym for the term boulder?
3. Historically speaking, when does this story take place?
(a) After the outbreak of the Algerian War
(b) In the middle of the Algerian War
(c) Before the outbreak of the War of 1812
(d) Before the outbreak of the Algerian War
4. Which of the following descriptors could be not used to best describe the setting around the schoolhouse?
5. If the Arab choices the south, what will he be subjected to?
(a) Nomad law
(b) Continued life in the schoolhouse
(c) Total freedom
(d) Police law
Short Answer Questions
1. The author expresses a paradox with which event in the story?
2. What does Daru do when he has trouble sleeping?
3. What do the words on the blackboard say?
4. What awes Daru as he rests with the Arab?
5. What lies in the eastern direction when the plateau slopes?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)