|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daru tell Balducci he would deny?
(a) That the prisoner was restrained
(b) That Balducci said there would be a revolt
(c) That the prisoner was ever left with him
(d) That Balducci was ever at the schoolhouse
2. What event happens as both characters lie awake to suggest something is about to happen?
(a) Rain pelts the ground
(b) Wind begins to stir
(c) Animals howl
(d) Snow falls heavily from the sky
3. Which of the following would be a synonym for foreshadow?
4. How does the author say soldiers are brought together to become part of a shared community?
(a) Fatigue and goals
(b) Dreams and goals
(c) Dreams and fatigue
(d) Fatigue and alliances
5. What crime has the Arab committed?
(a) Stole from his cousin
(b) Stole from his wife
(c) Killed his wife
(d) Killed his cousin
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of imagery?
2. Which of the following words has a prefix?
3. What does Daru find as he finds his way back to the schoolhouse after hearing sounds?
4. Throwing pebbles into the snow reminds the reader of which emotion feeling Daru is experiencing?
5. What does the Arab ask Daru if he is?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)