* Daru is a schoolmaster in a remote desert school. He sees two people approaching his school after a blizzard.
* The two people are a French National policeman and an Arab.
* The policeman tells Daru he has been ordered to take the Arab to the next city's police station before the next night.
* Daru does not want to take the Arab to the police station.
* Daru feeds the Arab and makes him some food before they both have a restless night's sleep in the schoolhouse.
* Daru and the Arab dress and pack for the trek to the police station.
* At a split in the road, Daru provides the Arab with two choices: go live with a group of nomads who will protect him or to go to the town where the police are waiting for him.
* The Arab seems confused and as Daru makes his way back to...
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)