Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
2. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
4. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
5. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ending of The Giver. Do you agree with how the story ends? Cite one piece of evidence from the text that you relate to and agree with. What is the central message of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The Elders control and regulate the activities of the community in The Giver. In America, the older generations is similarly in charge of the younger. Write a description of reversal where the young are in more positions of power and authority. What would America look like? What societal characteristics might improve, and what might suffer?
Essay Topic 3
The Giver gives Jonas the memory of color, starting with the color red taken from the dream of snow and sledding. Discuss the significance of why the community does not retain color and memory. Does living in muted gray make a more simple life?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)