|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
(a) A comfort object.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A jacket.
2. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will miss Jonas.
(b) The community will war against each other.
(c) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(d) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
3. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) I changes.
(b) She braids it.
(c) She cut it.
(d) She puts it in a ponytail.
4. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It goes too fast.
(d) It is different.
5. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
(b) The game of war.
(c) Red Rover.
(d) The game of tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
2. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
3. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
4. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
5. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jonas is reluctant to go back to the Annex because of the emotions he felt during the memory of war. The Giver is gentle with Jonas. What does he do to comfort Jonas after the memory of war?
2. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
3. Why is Gabriel sleeping well through the night by Chapter 16?
4. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
5. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
6. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
7. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
8. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
9. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
10. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)