|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(b) Dirt roads.
2. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
3. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He wraps the sled around a tree.
(b) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
(c) He collides with a tree.
(d) He breaks the sled.
4. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(b) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
(c) The community will war against each other.
(d) The community will miss Jonas.
5. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
2. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
3. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
4. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
5. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
2. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
3. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
4. Jonas is reluctant to go back to the Annex because of the emotions he felt during the memory of war. The Giver is gentle with Jonas. What does he do to comfort Jonas after the memory of war?
5. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
6. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
7. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
8. Why did the old Receiver fail?
9. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
10. Why is Gabriel sleeping well through the night by Chapter 16?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)