|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to join.
(b) They are irritated.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They question him.
2. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
3. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of sailing.
(b) The memory of the sled.
(c) The memory of snow.
(d) The memory of a sunburn.
4. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts it in a ponytail.
(b) She cut it.
(c) I changes.
(d) She braids it.
5. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) His parents will receive his bad memories.
(b) The Giver will receive his memories.
(c) His memories will go back to the people.
(d) He will forget everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
2. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
3. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
4. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
5. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory does the Giver give to Jonas in Chapter 15 that takes away some of The Giver's pain?
2. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
3. Jonas and Gabriel began to get hungry on their journey. How does Jonas alleviate this feeling, and is it successful?
4. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
5. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
6. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
7. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
8. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
9. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
10. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)