|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
(b) A blanket.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A comfort object.
2. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She upset the community.
(b) She wanted to have a family.
(c) She was not happy to do her job.
(d) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
3. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He falls off his bike.
(b) He gets hit by a car.
(c) He finds a lost child.
(d) He gets a flat tire.
4. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(b) The memory of silence and calm.
(c) The memory of laughter.
(d) The memory of sunshine.
5. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
2. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
3. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
4. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
5. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
2. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
3. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
4. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
5. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
6. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
7. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
8. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
9. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
10. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)