|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
2. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(b) Dirt roads.
3. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
4. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Father rocks him to sleep.
(b) Jonas tells him a story.
(c) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(d) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
5. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
(a) The House of the Old.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The school.
(d) The childless adult area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
2. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
3. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
4. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
5. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)