|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She braids it.
(b) I changes.
(c) She cut it.
(d) She puts it in a ponytail.
2. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A bomb explodes.
(b) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
3. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
(a) Jonas does not take his pill.
(b) Jonas is rude to Gabriel.
(c) Jonas does not speak to his parents.
(d) Jonas leaves the house to see The Giver.
4. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
(b) Comfort Objects.
5. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) So the planes can not spot them.
(b) So they can keep warm.
(c) Because it is safe from people there.
(d) Because he knows the trees well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
2. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
3. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
4. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
5. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happens to the identical twins?
2. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
3. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
4. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
5. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
6. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
7. Why did the old Receiver fail?
8. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
9. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
10. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)