|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) Jonas's Father.
(c) The Elders.
(d) The former Receiver.
2. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
3. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
4. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
5. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
2. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
3. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
4. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
5. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jonas and Gabriel began to get hungry on their journey. How does Jonas alleviate this feeling, and is it successful?
2. Why did the old Receiver fail?
3. What will happens to the identical twins?
4. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
5. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
6. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
7. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
8. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
9. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
10. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)