|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Writing a new book.
(c) Hunched over in pain.
(d) Painting in color.
2. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They are irritated.
(b) They ask him to join.
(c) They question him.
(d) They ask him to leave.
3. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She braids it.
(b) She puts it in a ponytail.
(c) She cut it.
(d) I changes.
4. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The canyons.
(b) the mountains.
(d) The outskirts of the community.
5. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
(a) There is no school on July 4th.
(b) Today is an unschedule holiday.
(c) The school is out for summer.
(d) The winter holiday is fast approaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
2. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
3. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
4. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
5. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)