|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
2. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Hunched over in pain.
(b) Painting in color.
(d) Writing a new book.
3. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A spouse.
(d) A father.
4. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(c) Dirt roads.
5. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(b) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
(c) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(d) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
2. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
3. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
4. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
5. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
2. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
3. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
4. What will happens to the identical twins?
5. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
6. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
7. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
8. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
9. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
10. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)