|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
(b) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(c) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
(d) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
2. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
(b) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
(c) The memory of climbing a mountain.
(d) The memory of walking on a beach.
3. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(b) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(c) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(d) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
4. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To return to the House of Old and work.
(b) To stay with The Giver all night.
(c) To go back to the way he was.
(d) To go play with Asher.
5. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
2. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
3. What will happen if Jonas dies?
4. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
5. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
2. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
3. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
4. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
5. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
6. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
7. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
8. Why is Gabriel sleeping well through the night by Chapter 16?
9. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
10. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)