|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
(a) He forgives The Giver.
(b) He asks for forgiveness himself.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He asks him to take back the memory.
2. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Hunched over in pain.
(b) Painting in color.
(d) Writing a new book.
3. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
4. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They are separated at birth.
(b) They do not exist in the community.
(c) They are given to one family.
(d) One gets released.
5. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
(b) She upset the community.
(c) She wanted to have a family.
(d) She was not happy to do her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
2. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
3. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
4. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
5. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the old Receiver fail?
2. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
3. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
4. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
5. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
6. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
7. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
8. What memory does the Giver give to Jonas in Chapter 15 that takes away some of The Giver's pain?
9. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
10. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)