|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(c) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(d) The memories came back to the people.
2. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
(a) Work as a nurturer.
(b) Release one of the twins.
(c) Prepare dinner.
(d) Take Lily to school.
3. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(b) Dirt roads.
4. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He burps the infant.
(b) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(c) He injects the infant with a liquid.
(d) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
5. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The outskirts of the community.
(b) The canyons.
(d) the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
2. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
3. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
4. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
5. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
2. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
3. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
4. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
5. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
6. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
7. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
8. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
9. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
10. What memory does the Giver give to Jonas in Chapter 15 that takes away some of The Giver's pain?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)