|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Painting in color.
(b) Hunched over in pain.
(d) Writing a new book.
2. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
(a) During the entire day.
(b) At night.
(c) During the morning.
(d) Only in the afternoon.
3. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) So they can keep warm.
(b) So the planes can not spot them.
(c) Because he knows the trees well.
(d) Because it is safe from people there.
4. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
(a) The memory of the apple.
(b) The memory of a sunburn.
(c) The memory of his spouse.
(d) The sled memory.
5. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
(a) Jonas is rude to Gabriel.
(b) Jonas does not take his pill.
(c) Jonas leaves the house to see The Giver.
(d) Jonas does not speak to his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Jonas dies?
2. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
3. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
4. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
5. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
2. Why is Gabriel sleeping well through the night by Chapter 16?
3. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
4. What will happens to the identical twins?
5. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
6. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
7. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
8. Why did the old Receiver fail?
9. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
10. Jonas is reluctant to go back to the Annex because of the emotions he felt during the memory of war. The Giver is gentle with Jonas. What does he do to comfort Jonas after the memory of war?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)