|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A father.
(d) A spouse.
2. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Skills and knowledge.
(b) Adventure and play.
(c) Courage and strength.
(d) Fear and joy.
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the school.
(b) To the Department of Justice.
(c) To the nursery.
(d) To the House of the Old.
4. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The school.
(c) The House of the Old.
(d) The childless adult area.
5. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(c) The memories came back to the people.
(d) Nothing - they stayed the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
2. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
3. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
4. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
5. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)