|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) I changes.
(b) She cut it.
(c) She puts it in a ponytail.
(d) She braids it.
2. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
(a) Stop seeing Jonas.
(b) Visit the Department of Justice.
(c) Give Jonas painful memories.
(d) Give his books to the House of Old.
3. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
4. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A pen.
(b) A piece of writing.
(c) A book.
(d) A test.
5. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
(b) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) A bomb explodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
2. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
3. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
4. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
5. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
2. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
3. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
4. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
5. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
6. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
7. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
8. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
9. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
10. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)