|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
2. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts it in a ponytail.
(b) She braids it.
(c) I changes.
(d) She cut it.
3. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
4. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
5. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(b) The memories came back to the people.
(c) They grew angry and resentful.
(d) They began to interpret her old dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
2. When can The Giver apply for release?
3. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
4. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
5. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
2. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
3. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
4. Jonas is reluctant to go back to the Annex because of the emotions he felt during the memory of war. The Giver is gentle with Jonas. What does he do to comfort Jonas after the memory of war?
5. Why did the old Receiver fail?
6. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
7. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
8. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
9. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
10. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)