|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
2. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas tells him a story.
(b) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(c) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(d) Father rocks him to sleep.
3. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
(a) Take Lily to school.
(b) Work as a nurturer.
(c) Release one of the twins.
(d) Prepare dinner.
4. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The video.
(b) The CD.
(c) The tape player.
(d) The film reel.
5. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of laughter.
(b) The memory of silence and calm.
(c) The memory of sunshine.
(d) The memory of deep exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
2. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
3. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
4. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
5. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)