|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Adventure and play.
(b) Fear and joy.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Courage and strength.
2. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
(c) The Giver.
3. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of the sled.
(b) The memory of a sunburn.
(c) The memory of sailing.
(d) The memory of snow.
4. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
5. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
2. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
3. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
4. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
5. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the old Receiver fail?
2. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
3. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
4. Why is Gabriel sleeping well through the night by Chapter 16?
5. Jonas and Gabriel began to get hungry on their journey. How does Jonas alleviate this feeling, and is it successful?
6. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
7. What will happens to the identical twins?
8. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
9. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
10. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)