|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to join.
(b) They ask him to leave.
(c) They are irritated.
(d) They question him.
2. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
3. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
(a) During the morning.
(b) Only in the afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) During the entire day.
4. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
(b) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(c) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(d) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
5. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
(a) Comfort Objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
2. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
3. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
4. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
5. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jonas and Gabriel began to get hungry on their journey. How does Jonas alleviate this feeling, and is it successful?
2. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
3. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
4. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
5. What will happens to the identical twins?
6. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
7. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
8. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
9. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
10. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)