|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
(b) The memory of walking on a beach.
(c) The memory of climbing a mountain.
(d) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
2. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Leave the community.
(d) Take some of the pain away.
3. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
4. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Fear and joy.
(b) Adventure and play.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Courage and strength.
5. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She wanted to have a family.
(b) She was not happy to do her job.
(c) She upset the community.
(d) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
2. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
3. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
4. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
5. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)