|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
2. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
3. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The twin goes to a new family.
(b) The twin is taken to another room.
(c) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
(d) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
4. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Do you approve of my new job?
(b) Do you love me?
(c) Do you understand why I am different?
(d) Are you proud of me?
5. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
2. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
3. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
4. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
5. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
2. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
3. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
4. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
5. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
6. What happens when Gabriel is placed into Jonas's room for the night?
7. Jonas and Gabriel began to get hungry on their journey. How does Jonas alleviate this feeling, and is it successful?
8. What will happens to the identical twins?
9. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
10. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)