|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(b) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
(c) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
(d) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
2. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
3. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
4. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
(a) The memory of food.
(b) The memory of the Giver.
(c) The memory of Father.
(d) The memory of friends.
5. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A piece of writing.
(b) A test.
(c) A book.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
2. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
3. What happens to the larger twin?
4. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
5. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Elders remove colors from the community?
2. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
3. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
4. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
5. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
6. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
7. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
8. Why is Gabriel sleeping well through the night by Chapter 16?
9. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
10. What will happens to the identical twins?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)