|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A test.
(b) A book.
(c) A pen.
(d) A piece of writing.
2. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He breaks the sled.
(b) He collides with a tree.
(c) He wraps the sled around a tree.
(d) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
3. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the community.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Go for a walk outside.
(d) Take some of the pain away.
4. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts it in a ponytail.
(b) She cut it.
(c) She braids it.
(d) I changes.
5. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
2. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
3. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
4. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
5. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happens to the identical twins?
2. What memory does the Giver give to Jonas in Chapter 15 that takes away some of The Giver's pain?
3. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
4. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
5. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
6. What does Jonas's father do to the infant twin to release him/her?
7. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
8. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
9. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
10. Why did the old Receiver fail?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)