|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) the mountains.
(b) The outskirts of the community.
(c) The canyons.
2. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
(a) The memory of his spouse.
(b) The memory of a sunburn.
(c) The sled memory.
(d) The memory of the apple.
3. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
4. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of silence and calm.
(b) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(c) The memory of sunshine.
(d) The memory of laughter.
5. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
2. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
3. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
4. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
5. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
2. Jonas and Gabriel began to get hungry on their journey. How does Jonas alleviate this feeling, and is it successful?
3. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
4. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
5. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
6. Why did the old Receiver fail?
7. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
8. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
9. What memory does the Giver give to Jonas in Chapter 15 that takes away some of The Giver's pain?
10. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)