|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
2. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
3. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
(b) The twin goes to a new family.
(c) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
(d) The twin is taken to another room.
4. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
5. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
(a) The Giver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
2. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
3. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
4. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
5. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
2. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
3. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
4. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
5. What memory does the Giver give to Jonas in Chapter 15 that takes away some of The Giver's pain?
6. Jonas is reluctant to go back to the Annex because of the emotions he felt during the memory of war. The Giver is gentle with Jonas. What does he do to comfort Jonas after the memory of war?
7. What happens in the memory of the sled that causes pain to Jonas?
8. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
9. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
10. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)