|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
2. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
3. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
4. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
(a) Sewing classes.
(b) Volunteer hours.
(c) Cooking classes.
(d) Bicycle lessons.
5. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
2. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
3. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
4. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
5. What is Lily's comfort object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gabriel?
2. Describe the first memory that The Giver gives to Jonas.
3. What instruction is Jonas most impressed with when he receives the printed sheet that describes his training?
4. What does Jonas's Mother give to Jonas to help with the 'Stirrings'? What happens as a result?
5. Describe Jonas's family.
6. What ritual is Jonas's family participating in as the novel opens?
7. What does Jonas learn from Larissa at the House of the Old?
8. What happens at the Ceremony of Twelve?
9. Describe the characteristics of Fiona.
10. Where is Jonas going to do his volunteer work, and what friends does he meet there?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)