|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
2. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
(a) A folder.
(b) A book.
(c) A tape he plays.
(d) A brochure.
3. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
4. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Department of Litigation.
(c) The Department of Law.
(d) The Department of Peace.
5. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
2. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
3. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. What is one reason why a person is released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the old Receiver?
2. What will happen to Lily's hair during the ceremony of Eight?
3. Why did the old Receiver fail?
4. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
5. What happens at the Ceremony of Twelve?
6. Jonas is reluctant to go back to the Annex because of the emotions he felt during the memory of war. The Giver is gentle with Jonas. What does he do to comfort Jonas after the memory of war?
7. What does Jonas decide to do after he finds out that his Father is a murderer?
8. Who is Gabriel?
9. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
10. What memories will The Giver give to Jonas?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)