|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(b) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(c) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(d) Giving a child an Assignment.
2. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
3. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Laborers.
(b) The Committee of Nurturers.
(c) The Committee of Elders.
(d) The Committee of Spouses.
4. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of fire.
(b) The memory of snow.
(c) The memory of wind.
(d) The memory of rain.
5. What is Jonas's original number?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
2. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
3. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
4. What assignment is Asher was given?
5. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Giver gives Jonas a painful memory after the first memory of snow. What is the painful memory?
2. Describe Jonas's family.
3. What is the significance of Lily's new jacket that she receives at the Ceremony?
4. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
5. What instruction is Jonas most impressed with when he receives the printed sheet that describes his training?
6. In Chapter 3, what object does Jonas take home and examine and why?
7. What will happen to Lily's hair during the ceremony of Eight?
8. What is different about Gabriel?
9. What memories will The Giver give to Jonas?
10. Describe the characteristics of Fiona.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)