|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Giver weighted with?
2. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
(a) The Receiver.
(b) The President.
(c) The Chief Elder.
(d) A Birthmother.
3. Where are children raised until they are named?
4. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
(a) A wall of books.
(b) The candy in the dish.
(c) The pictures on the wall.
(d) The tile floor.
5. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A badge.
(b) A name tag.
(c) A medal.
(d) A comfort toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
2. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
3. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
4. What does Jonas rarely do?
5. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instruction is Jonas most impressed with when he receives the printed sheet that describes his training?
2. What kind of volunteer work does Jonas do once he reaches the House of the Old?
3. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Gabriel?
5. What assignment is Jonas given?
6. What assignment does Fiona receive and why?
7. What does Jonas's Mother give to Jonas to help with the 'Stirrings'? What happens as a result?
8. Why is Gabriel not part of the 'Ones'?
9. Who observes the children in order to place them into appropriate jobs?
10. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)