|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Money.
(b) The Book of Rules.
(c) The Book of Ages.
(d) The Book of Time.
2. How many members are in Jonas's family?
3. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
4. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) Until he marries.
(b) Until he enters The House of the Old.
(c) For a month.
(d) For one day.
5. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(b) A jet flies over the community.
(c) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(d) Jonas lies to his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
2. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
3. What does it mean to be "released?"
4. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Where are children raised until they are named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Lily's new jacket that she receives at the Ceremony?
2. Who observes the children in order to place them into appropriate jobs?
3. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
4. What assignment is Jonas given?
5. What assignment does Fiona receive and why?
6. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
7. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
8. What does Jonas learn from Larissa at the House of the Old?
9. What instruction is Jonas most impressed with when he receives the printed sheet that describes his training?
10. What happened to the old Receiver?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)