|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of eyes does Gabriel, the newchild, have?
2. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(b) Giving a child an Assignment.
(c) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(d) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
3. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Peace.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Department of Litigation.
(d) The Department of Law.
4. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Birthing Room.
(b) The Palace Door.
(c) The Releasing Room.
(d) The Old Corridor.
5. Where are children raised until they are named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the female Jonas meets at the House of the Old?
2. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
3. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
4. Why might Gabriel be released?
5. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instruction is Jonas most impressed with when he receives the printed sheet that describes his training?
2. How is the Receiver different from the community?
3. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
4. What is the significance of the Ceremony of Nine?
5. What happens to Jonas at the Ceremony of Twelve?
6. What is Jonas's Mother's reaction to Jonas's dream in Chapter 5?
7. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
8. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
9. What is Jonas anticipating as the novel opens and why?
10. What catches Jonas's eye when he first enters the Receiver's office and why?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)