|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
2. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) A variety of places.
(c) The Childcare Center.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
3. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Nine.
(b) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(c) The ceremony of Twelve.
(d) The ceremony of Ten.
4. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Money.
(b) The Book of Ages.
(c) The Book of Rules.
(d) The Book of Time.
5. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A rain drop.
(d) An icicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
2. What is Jonas's original number?
3. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
4. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
5. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
2. Who observes the children in order to place them into appropriate jobs?
3. What assignment is Jonas given?
4. How is the Receiver different from the community?
5. The Giver gives Jonas a painful memory after the first memory of snow. What is the painful memory?
6. What kind of volunteer work does Jonas do once he reaches the House of the Old?
7. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
8. What memories will The Giver give to Jonas?
9. What is the significance of the Ceremony of Nine?
10. What will happen to Lily's hair during the ceremony of Eight?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)