|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
(a) The Rehibilitation Center.
(b) Food Distribution.
(c) Childcare Center.
(d) The Birthing Center.
2. Where are children sent when they are released?
3. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Old Corridor.
(b) The Releasing Room.
(c) The Birthing Room.
(d) The Palace Door.
4. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
(a) The Nurturing Center.
(b) Jonas's house.
(d) The House of the Old.
5. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
2. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
3. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
4. Dream-telling begins at what age?
5. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jonas at the Ceremony of Twelve?
2. Describe Jonas's family.
3. Why does Lily's mother reprimand her for wanting to become a Birthmother?
4. What is different about Gabriel?
5. What assignment does Fiona receive and why?
6. The Giver gives Jonas a painful memory after the first memory of snow. What is the painful memory?
7. What happens at the Ceremony of Twelve?
8. What does Jonas's Mother give to Jonas to help with the 'Stirrings'? What happens as a result?
9. Describe the characteristics of Fiona.
10. What ritual is Jonas's family participating in as the novel opens?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)