|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
(a) A brochure.
(b) A tape he plays.
(c) A book.
(d) A folder.
2. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
(a) Shoes that buckle.
(b) Long pants.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Front buttoned jackets.
3. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
(a) The Rehibilitation Center.
(b) Food Distribution.
(c) Childcare Center.
(d) The Birthing Center.
4. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
(a) A pair of skies.
(b) A snowboard.
(c) A sled.
(d) A bobsled.
5. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
(b) Fish Hatchery Attendent.
(d) Food Production.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
2. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
3. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
4. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
5. What is the Giver weighted with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonas's Mother give to Jonas to help with the 'Stirrings'? What happens as a result?
2. What does Jonas learn from Larissa at the House of the Old?
3. Why does Lily's mother reprimand her for wanting to become a Birthmother?
4. What is Jonas's Mother's reaction to Jonas's dream in Chapter 5?
5. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
6. What will happen to Lily's hair during the ceremony of Eight?
7. What kind of volunteer work does Jonas do once he reaches the House of the Old?
8. What is the significance of Lily's new jacket that she receives at the Ceremony?
9. What is the significance of the Ceremony of Nine?
10. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)