|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment is Asher was given?
(a) Director of the Childcare Center.
(b) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(c) Assistant Director of the Department of Justice.
(d) Fish Hatchery Director of Personnel.
2. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(b) A comfort toy.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) His assignment.
3. What is the name of the female Jonas meets at the House of the Old?
4. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) A moped.
(b) A comfort object.
(c) An assignment.
(d) A bicycle.
5. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jonas's original number?
2. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
3. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
4. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
5. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonas want to watch his Father do at the beginning of Chapter 19? How does the Giver make this happen?
2. What is Jonas's Mother's reaction to Jonas's dream in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the first memory that The Giver gives to Jonas.
4. Jonas and Gabriel encounter snow after escaping the community. How does Jonas feel about Gabriel during this time?
5. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
6. What assignment does Fiona receive and why?
7. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
8. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
9. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
10. What memory does The Giver give to Jonas to help him understand color?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)