|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonas's original number?
2. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
3. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) The Childcare Center.
(b) A variety of places.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
4. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
(a) Shoes that buckle.
(b) Front buttoned jackets.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Long pants.
5. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
2. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
3. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
4. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
5. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what object does Jonas take home and examine and why?
2. What is Jonas's Mother's reaction to Jonas's dream in Chapter 5?
3. What memories will The Giver give to Jonas?
4. How is the Receiver different from the community?
5. What is the significance of the Ceremony of Nine?
6. What is the significance of Lily's new jacket that she receives at the Ceremony?
7. What does Jonas learn from Larissa at the House of the Old?
8. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
9. Why does Lily's mother reprimand her for wanting to become a Birthmother?
10. What ritual is Jonas's family participating in as the novel opens?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)