|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Receiver of Memory.
(b) The Receiver of Intelligence.
(c) The Releaser.
(d) The Chief Nurturer.
2. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(b) His assignment.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A comfort toy.
3. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(b) The ceremony of Twelve.
(c) The ceremony of Nine.
(d) The ceremony of Ten.
4. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
5. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
(a) Fish Hatchery Attendent.
(b) Food Production.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
2. What is the Giver weighted with?
3. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
4. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
5. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Giver gives Jonas a painful memory after the first memory of snow. What is the painful memory?
2. What assignment does Fiona receive and why?
3. In Chapter 3, what object does Jonas take home and examine and why?
4. What happened to the old Receiver?
5. What happens to Jonas at the Ceremony of Twelve?
6. How do the elevens line up when they enter the stage?
7. Describe Jonas's family.
8. What job does Jonas's father hold in the community?
9. Describe the characteristics of Fiona.
10. What assignment is Jonas given?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)