|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does the Giver give Jonas, which males him wake with stinging skin?
(b) Chapped skin.
(c) Skinned knee.
2. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A hippo.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A walrus.
3. What is Lily's comfort object?
(a) A soft blanket.
(b) A stuffed giraffe.
(c) A stuffed elephant.
(d) A toy mouse.
4. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow creates more jobs.
(b) Snow piles up on the streets.
(c) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
(d) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
5. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
2. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
3. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
4. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
5. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jonas and Gabriel as the road becomes more difficult to ride upon?
2. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
3. Describe Jonas's family.
4. What is Jonas feeling as he throws a tantrum on The Giver's couch after seeing his Father release a twin?
5. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
6. Why is Gabriel not part of the 'Ones'?
7. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
8. Does The Giver ever wish to be released? Explain.
9. In Chapter 3, what object does Jonas take home and examine and why?
10. What assignment is Jonas given?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)