|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
(a) The grocery store.
(d) The park.
2. Who is Larissa?
(a) A friend of Fionas from school.
(b) A woman in the House of Old.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) Asher's sister.
3. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(a) Food Production.
(b) Instructor of Twelves.
(d) Instructor of Elevens.
4. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
5. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
2. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
3. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
4. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
5. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memories will The Giver give to Jonas?
2. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
3. What happens at the Ceremony of Twelve?
4. Describe the first memory that The Giver gives to Jonas.
5. Who is Gabriel?
6. How do the elevens line up when they enter the stage?
7. In Chapter 3, what object does Jonas take home and examine and why?
8. Why does Lily's mother reprimand her for wanting to become a Birthmother?
9. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
10. Where is Jonas going to do his volunteer work, and what friends does he meet there?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)