|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
2. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) An icicle.
(c) A rain drop.
3. What kind of eyes does Gabriel, the newchild, have?
4. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Elders.
(b) The Committee of Nurturers.
(c) The Committee of Spouses.
(d) The Committee of Laborers.
5. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
(a) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The House of the Old.
(d) Jonas's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have the Committee of Elders observed the community in order to decide on the next Receiver?
2. In The Matching of Spouses, which of the following is NOT considered a deciding factor?
3. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
4. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
5. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jonas's Mother's reaction to Jonas's dream in Chapter 5?
2. The Giver gives Jonas a painful memory after the first memory of snow. What is the painful memory?
3. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
4. What happens to Fiona's hair as Jonas and Fiona travel to the House of Old in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Jonas take Gabriel with him on his journey to a new life?
6. Where is Jonas going to do his volunteer work, and what friends does he meet there?
7. What will happen to Lily's hair during the ceremony of Eight?
8. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
9. What happens as a result of Jonas receiving the memory of war?
10. What event from a year ago does Jonas remember that brings back feelings of fear?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)