Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are children raised until they are named?
2. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Receiver of Memory.
(b) The Receiver of Intelligence.
(c) The Chief Nurturer.
(d) The Releaser.
3. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(b) Food Production.
(c) Instructor of Twelves.
(d) Instructor of Elevens.
4. What does Jonas rarely do?
(b) Ride his bicycle.
5. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
2. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
3. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
4. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
5. Who is Larissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jonas's parents reaction to the elephant memory that Jonas shares with them.
2. Who observes the children in order to place them into appropriate jobs?
3. Why do Jonas and Gabriel hide in the trees after leaving the community?
4. Why did the old Receiver fail?
5. What assignment is Jonas given?
6. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
7. What is Jonas's Mother's reaction to Jonas's dream in Chapter 5?
8. What are the other children doing as Jonas and Asher are playing in the field on their day off from school?
9. How do the elevens line up when they enter the stage?
10. What job does Jonas's father hold in the community?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)