|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
2. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
(d) Applying for Release.
3. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
4. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
5. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A comfort toy.
(b) A badge.
(c) A medal.
(d) A name tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
2. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
3. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
4. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
5. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
2. What event from a year ago does Jonas remember that brings back feelings of fear?
3. What job does Jonas's father hold in the community?
4. Who is Gabriel?
5. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
6. Describe the characteristics of Fiona.
7. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
8. What assignment is Jonas given?
9. What ritual is Jonas's family participating in as the novel opens?
10. How do the elevens line up when they enter the stage?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)