|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
(a) Take a pop quiz.
(b) Stay after school.
(c) Make a public apology.
(d) Write an essay.
2. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
(a) Bicycle lessons.
(b) Cooking classes.
(c) Volunteer hours.
(d) Sewing classes.
3. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Department of Litigation.
(c) The Department of Peace.
(d) The Department of Law.
4. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
(b) Snow creates more jobs.
(c) Snow piles up on the streets.
(d) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
5. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
2. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
3. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
4. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
5. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assignment does Fiona receive and why?
2. Describe the characteristics of Fiona.
3. Why does Lily's mother reprimand her for wanting to become a Birthmother?
4. What job does Jonas's father hold in the community?
5. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
6. How is the Receiver different from the community?
7. What is the significance of the Ceremony of Nine?
8. Describe the first memory that The Giver gives to Jonas.
9. Where is Jonas going to do his volunteer work, and what friends does he meet there?
10. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)