|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are children raised until they are named?
2. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
(a) A pair of skies.
(b) A bobsled.
(c) A sled.
(d) A snowboard.
3. Who is Larissa?
(a) Asher's sister.
(b) Lily's cousin.
(c) A friend of Fionas from school.
(d) A woman in the House of Old.
4. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The House of the Old.
(b) The Birthing Center.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Childcare Center.
5. How many members are in Jonas's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
2. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
3. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
4. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
5. What does it mean to be "released?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
2. What is different about Gabriel?
3. What assignment is Jonas given?
4. What job does Jonas's father hold in the community?
5. What does Jonas's Mother give to Jonas to help with the 'Stirrings'? What happens as a result?
6. What ritual is Jonas's family participating in as the novel opens?
7. Why is Gabriel not part of the 'Ones'?
8. Who is Gabriel?
9. What happened to the old Receiver?
10. Why does Lily's mother reprimand her for wanting to become a Birthmother?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)