|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Giver weighted with?
2. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(b) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(c) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(d) A jet flies over the community.
3. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
4. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
(a) It becomes damaged.
(b) It changes.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It floats mid-air.
5. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(a) Instructor of Twelves.
(b) Instructor of Elevens.
(c) Food Production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
2. What does it mean to be "released?"
3. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
4. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
5. What is Jonas's original number?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonas learn from Larissa at the House of the Old?
2. Describe Jonas's family.
3. What rule is often broken at the ceremony of Nine?
4. What happened to the old Receiver?
5. How is the Receiver different from the community?
6. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
7. What do families in the community share in the new morning?
8. What is the significance of Lily's new jacket that she receives at the Ceremony?
9. What instruction is Jonas most impressed with when he receives the printed sheet that describes his training?
10. What will happen to Lily's hair during the ceremony of Eight?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)