|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many males are awarded per family?
(a) As many as the parents can care for.
2. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of rain.
(b) The memory of wind.
(c) The memory of snow.
(d) The memory of fire.
3. What kind of eyes does Gabriel, the newchild, have?
4. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
5. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
(a) The candy in the dish.
(b) The pictures on the wall.
(c) The tile floor.
(d) A wall of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
2. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
3. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. What is one reason why a person is released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about volunteering? Does it matter to the children's future?
2. How do the elevens line up when they enter the stage?
3. What is the significance of the Ceremony of Nine?
4. The Giver gives Jonas a painful memory after the first memory of snow. What is the painful memory?
5. What dream does Jonas share in Chapter 5?
6. What catches Jonas's eye when he first enters the Receiver's office and why?
7. Describe Jonas's family.
8. Who is Gabriel?
9. What assignment is Jonas given?
10. In Chapter 3, what object does Jonas take home and examine and why?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)