|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He finds a lost child.
(b) He falls off his bike.
(c) He gets hit by a car.
(d) He gets a flat tire.
2. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
(a) During the entire day.
(b) Only in the afternoon.
(c) During the morning.
(d) At night.
3. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
4. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
5. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He injects the infant with a liquid.
(b) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(c) He burps the infant.
(d) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
6. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) I changes.
(b) She puts it in a ponytail.
(c) She braids it.
(d) She cut it.
7. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
8. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The film reel.
(b) The CD.
(c) The tape player.
(d) The video.
9. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It is different.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It goes too fast.
(d) It breaks.
10. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the community.
(b) Take some of the pain away.
(c) Go for a walk outside.
(d) Leave his family.
11. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
12. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(c) The memories came back to the people.
(d) They began to interpret her old dreams.
13. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) So they can keep warm.
(b) So the planes can not spot them.
(c) Because it is safe from people there.
(d) Because he knows the trees well.
14. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
15. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
2. What will happen if Jonas dies?
3. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
4. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
5. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)