|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the House of the Old.
(b) To the Department of Justice.
(c) To the nursery.
(d) To the school.
2. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She cut it.
(b) She puts it in a ponytail.
(c) I changes.
(d) She braids it.
3. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) The Giver will receive his memories.
(b) His memories will go back to the people.
(c) His parents will receive his bad memories.
(d) He will forget everything.
4. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(b) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
(c) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(d) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
5. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
6. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
(a) The winter holiday is fast approaching.
(b) There is no school on July 4th.
(c) The school is out for summer.
(d) Today is an unschedule holiday.
7. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
(a) Prepare dinner.
(b) Take Lily to school.
(c) Release one of the twins.
(d) Work as a nurturer.
8. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A bomb explodes.
(b) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
(c) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(d) A long journey through a forest.
9. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(b) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(c) They grew angry and resentful.
(d) The memories came back to the people.
10. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
(b) The community will miss Jonas.
(c) The community will war against each other.
(d) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
11. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Leave the community.
(c) Take some of the pain away.
(d) Leave his family.
12. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
(a) The game of tag.
(c) The game of war.
(d) Red Rover.
13. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
(b) The twin goes to a new family.
(c) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
(d) The twin is taken to another room.
14. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Courage and strength.
(b) Adventure and play.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Fear and joy.
15. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
2. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
3. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
4. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
5. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)