|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He asks him to take back the memory.
(c) He asks for forgiveness himself.
(d) He forgives The Giver.
2. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The former Receiver.
(d) Jonas's Father.
3. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
4. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
(a) Take Lily to school.
(b) Release one of the twins.
(c) Prepare dinner.
(d) Work as a nurturer.
5. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
(a) Give Jonas painful memories.
(b) Stop seeing Jonas.
(c) Visit the Department of Justice.
(d) Give his books to the House of Old.
6. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
7. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
8. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She upset the community.
(b) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
(c) She was not happy to do her job.
(d) She wanted to have a family.
9. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He falls off his bike.
(b) He gets a flat tire.
(c) He finds a lost child.
(d) He gets hit by a car.
10. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A test.
(b) A piece of writing.
(c) A book.
(d) A pen.
11. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
(b) He collides with a tree.
(c) He breaks the sled.
(d) He wraps the sled around a tree.
12. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
(b) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(c) It turns into vivid colors.
(d) It rains and the roads became slippery.
13. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) So they can keep warm.
(b) So the planes can not spot them.
(c) Because it is safe from people there.
(d) Because he knows the trees well.
14. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A bomb explodes.
(b) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
15. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of sunshine.
(b) The memory of laughter.
(c) The memory of silence and calm.
(d) The memory of deep exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
2. What will happen if Jonas dies?
3. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
4. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
5. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)