|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A bomb explodes.
(b) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
2. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(b) The memory of sunshine.
(c) The memory of silence and calm.
(d) The memory of laughter.
3. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
4. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He finds a lost child.
(b) He gets a flat tire.
(c) He gets hit by a car.
(d) He falls off his bike.
5. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
(b) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
(c) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(d) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
6. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(b) The memories came back to the people.
(c) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(d) They grew angry and resentful.
7. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
(a) A syringe.
(b) A cup.
(c) A plastic dish.
(d) A knife.
8. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
9. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It is different.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It goes too fast.
(d) It breaks.
10. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
11. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
(a) The sled memory.
(b) The memory of the apple.
(c) The memory of his spouse.
(d) The memory of a sunburn.
12. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
(a) The former Receiver.
(b) The Elders.
(c) Jonas's Father.
(d) The Department of Justice.
13. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
(a) Today is an unschedule holiday.
(b) There is no school on July 4th.
(c) The school is out for summer.
(d) The winter holiday is fast approaching.
14. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
15. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
(b) The memory of climbing a mountain.
(c) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
(d) The memory of walking on a beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
2. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
3. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
4. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
5. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)