|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(b) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
(c) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
(d) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
2. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(b) It turns into vivid colors.
(c) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
(d) It rains and the roads became slippery.
3. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To go play with Asher.
(b) To return to the House of Old and work.
(c) To go back to the way he was.
(d) To stay with The Giver all night.
4. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
5. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) During Jonas's training.
(b) After Jonas has been trained.
(c) When he has reached a certain age.
(d) When the Elders give him permission.
6. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of sunshine.
(b) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(c) The memory of laughter.
(d) The memory of silence and calm.
7. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
8. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Hunched over in pain.
(b) Painting in color.
(d) Writing a new book.
9. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A father.
(b) A mother.
(c) A brother.
(d) A spouse.
10. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It goes too fast.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It breaks.
(d) It is different.
11. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
12. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(b) A bomb explodes.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
13. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
14. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of a sunburn.
(b) The memory of snow.
(c) The memory of the sled.
(d) The memory of sailing.
15. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
(a) The memory of Father.
(b) The memory of food.
(c) The memory of friends.
(d) The memory of the Giver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
2. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
3. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
4. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
5. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)