|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
(b) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
(c) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(d) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
2. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A comfort object.
(d) A jacket.
3. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
4. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
5. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(b) Painting in color.
(c) Writing a new book.
(d) Hunched over in pain.
6. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
(a) Jonas is rude to Gabriel.
(b) Jonas does not take his pill.
(c) Jonas leaves the house to see The Giver.
(d) Jonas does not speak to his parents.
7. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Take some of the pain away.
(b) Go for a walk outside.
(c) Leave his family.
(d) Leave the community.
8. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
(a) A plastic dish.
(b) A knife.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A cup.
9. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to leave.
(b) They question him.
(c) They are irritated.
(d) They ask him to join.
10. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
(b) The memory of walking on a beach.
(c) The memory of climbing a mountain.
(d) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
11. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
(a) Comfort Objects.
12. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A father.
(b) A spouse.
(c) A brother.
(d) A mother.
13. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
14. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
15. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A piece of writing.
(b) A book.
(c) A pen.
(d) A test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
2. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
3. What happens to the larger twin?
4. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
5. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)