|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
2. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
(a) He asks for forgiveness himself.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He forgives The Giver.
(d) He asks him to take back the memory.
3. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the community.
(b) Go for a walk outside.
(c) Take some of the pain away.
(d) Leave his family.
4. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
5. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
(a) The game of tag.
(c) The game of war.
(d) Red Rover.
6. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
7. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(c) Dirt roads.
8. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
9. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
(a) There is no school on July 4th.
(b) The winter holiday is fast approaching.
(c) Today is an unschedule holiday.
(d) The school is out for summer.
10. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They do not exist in the community.
(b) They are separated at birth.
(c) One gets released.
(d) They are given to one family.
11. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
(b) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
(c) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
(d) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
12. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
13. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will miss Jonas.
(b) The community will war against each other.
(c) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(d) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
14. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
15. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It breaks.
(b) It is different.
(c) It goes too fast.
(d) It disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
2. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
3. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
4. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
5. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)