|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) After Jonas has been trained.
(b) When the Elders give him permission.
(c) During Jonas's training.
(d) When he has reached a certain age.
2. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) So the planes can not spot them.
(b) Because he knows the trees well.
(c) Because it is safe from people there.
(d) So they can keep warm.
3. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
4. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Courage and strength.
(b) Fear and joy.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Adventure and play.
5. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
6. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
7. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the community.
(b) Take some of the pain away.
(c) Go for a walk outside.
(d) Leave his family.
8. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They are irritated.
(b) They question him.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They ask him to join.
9. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Are you proud of me?
(b) Do you approve of my new job?
(c) Do you love me?
(d) Do you understand why I am different?
10. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
(a) The former Receiver.
(b) The Elders.
(c) Jonas's Father.
(d) The Department of Justice.
11. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The outskirts of the community.
(b) The canyons.
(d) the mountains.
12. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He burps the infant.
(b) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(c) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
(d) He injects the infant with a liquid.
13. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will miss Jonas.
(b) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
(c) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(d) The community will war against each other.
14. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas tells him a story.
(b) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(c) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(d) Father rocks him to sleep.
15. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
(a) The school.
(b) The House of the Old.
(c) The childless adult area.
(d) The nursery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
2. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
3. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
4. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
5. What does Jonas ask The Giver to watch his Father do?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)