|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to join.
(b) They question him.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They are irritated.
2. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
(a) Give his books to the House of Old.
(b) Give Jonas painful memories.
(c) Stop seeing Jonas.
(d) Visit the Department of Justice.
3. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
(b) A bomb explodes.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) A boy his age dies right next to him.
4. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
5. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
(b) It turns into vivid colors.
(c) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(d) It rains and the roads became slippery.
6. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The outskirts of the community.
(c) The canyons.
(d) the mountains.
7. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The tape player.
(b) The film reel.
(c) The video.
(d) The CD.
8. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Leave the community.
(c) Leave his family.
(d) Take some of the pain away.
9. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
10. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A brother.
(b) A spouse.
(c) A father.
(d) A mother.
11. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Adventure and play.
(b) Fear and joy.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Courage and strength.
12. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
13. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
14. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
15. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A book.
(b) A piece of writing.
(c) A test.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
2. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
3. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
4. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
5. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)