|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
2. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They are irritated.
(b) They ask him to join.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They question him.
3. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The film reel.
(b) The video.
(c) The CD.
(d) The tape player.
4. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of snow.
(b) The memory of the sled.
(c) The memory of sailing.
(d) The memory of a sunburn.
5. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(b) The memory of silence and calm.
(c) The memory of sunshine.
(d) The memory of laughter.
6. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) His memories will go back to the people.
(b) The Giver will receive his memories.
(c) His parents will receive his bad memories.
(d) He will forget everything.
7. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
8. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
9. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
(b) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(c) It turns into vivid colors.
(d) It rains and the roads became slippery.
10. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(b) Jonas tells him a story.
(c) Father rocks him to sleep.
(d) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
11. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
(a) The game of tag.
(c) Red Rover.
(d) The game of war.
12. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Writing a new book.
(c) Hunched over in pain.
(d) Painting in color.
13. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
(a) The sled memory.
(b) The memory of the apple.
(c) The memory of his spouse.
(d) The memory of a sunburn.
14. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Take some of the pain away.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Leave the community.
(d) Go for a walk outside.
15. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts it in a ponytail.
(b) I changes.
(c) She braids it.
(d) She cut it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
2. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
3. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
4. What happens to twins born into the community?
5. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)