Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A father.
(d) A spouse.
2. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Skills and knowledge.
(b) Adventure and play.
(c) Courage and strength.
(d) Fear and joy.
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the school.
(b) To the Department of Justice.
(c) To the nursery.
(d) To the House of the Old.
4. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The school.
(c) The House of the Old.
(d) The childless adult area.
5. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(c) The memories came back to the people.
(d) Nothing - they stayed the same.
6. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A test.
(b) A book.
(c) A pen.
(d) A piece of writing.
7. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Hunched over in pain.
(c) Painting in color.
(d) Writing a new book.
8. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The canyons.
(b) The outskirts of the community.
(d) the mountains.
9. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
10. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
(a) He forgives The Giver.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He asks for forgiveness himself.
(d) He asks him to take back the memory.
11. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(b) It rains and the roads became slippery.
(c) It turns into vivid colors.
(d) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
12. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To stay with The Giver all night.
(b) To go back to the way he was.
(c) To return to the House of Old and work.
(d) To go play with Asher.
13. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
14. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(b) He burps the infant.
(c) He injects the infant with a liquid.
(d) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
15. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) After the old Receiver died.
(b) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(c) When Jonas was born.
(d) When Lily was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
2. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
3. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
4. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
5. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)