|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She cut it.
(b) I changes.
(c) She braids it.
(d) She puts it in a ponytail.
2. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Adventure and play.
(b) Courage and strength.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Fear and joy.
3. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
4. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She wanted to have a family.
(b) She upset the community.
(c) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
(d) She was not happy to do her job.
5. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) the mountains.
(b) The canyons.
(c) The outskirts of the community.
6. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
(a) Only in the afternoon.
(b) During the entire day.
(c) At night.
(d) During the morning.
7. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
8. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
(b) The Giver.
9. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To go play with Asher.
(b) To stay with The Giver all night.
(c) To return to the House of Old and work.
(d) To go back to the way he was.
10. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A piece of writing.
(b) A book.
(c) A test.
(d) A pen.
11. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He burps the infant.
(b) He injects the infant with a liquid.
(c) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(d) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
12. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
13. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the nursery.
(b) To the House of the Old.
(c) To the Department of Justice.
(d) To the school.
14. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
15. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
(a) A comfort object.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
2. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
3. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
4. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
5. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)