|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
2. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
3. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) So they can keep warm.
(b) Because he knows the trees well.
(c) Because it is safe from people there.
(d) So the planes can not spot them.
4. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
5. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) When Jonas was born.
(b) After the old Receiver died.
(c) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(d) When Lily was born.
6. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(b) The community will miss Jonas.
(c) The community will war against each other.
(d) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
7. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The film reel.
(b) The tape player.
(c) The video.
(d) The CD.
8. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A mother.
(b) A brother.
(c) A father.
(d) A spouse.
9. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) His memories will go back to the people.
(b) He will forget everything.
(c) The Giver will receive his memories.
(d) His parents will receive his bad memories.
10. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She cut it.
(b) She braids it.
(c) She puts it in a ponytail.
(d) I changes.
11. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
12. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
13. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(b) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(c) Father rocks him to sleep.
(d) Jonas tells him a story.
14. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To go back to the way he was.
(b) To go play with Asher.
(c) To stay with The Giver all night.
(d) To return to the House of Old and work.
15. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(b) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(c) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(d) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
2. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
3. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
4. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
5. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)