|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
(b) The memory of climbing a mountain.
(c) The memory of walking on a beach.
(d) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
2. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
3. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of snow.
(b) The memory of a sunburn.
(c) The memory of sailing.
(d) The memory of the sled.
4. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
5. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To go back to the way he was.
(b) To go play with Asher.
(c) To return to the House of Old and work.
(d) To stay with The Giver all night.
6. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(b) Father rocks him to sleep.
(c) Jonas tells him a story.
(d) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
7. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
(a) The memory of the Giver.
(b) The memory of friends.
(c) The memory of Father.
(d) The memory of food.
8. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
(d) Comfort Objects.
9. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
10. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A book.
(b) A pen.
(c) A test.
(d) A piece of writing.
11. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
12. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will war against each other.
(b) The community will miss Jonas.
(c) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(d) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
13. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
14. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
(a) During the morning.
(b) During the entire day.
(c) At night.
(d) Only in the afternoon.
15. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They are given to one family.
(b) One gets released.
(c) They are separated at birth.
(d) They do not exist in the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
2. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
4. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
5. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)