|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
(a) A cup.
(b) A plastic dish.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A knife.
2. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
3. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He burps the infant.
(b) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(c) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
(d) He injects the infant with a liquid.
4. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the community.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Take some of the pain away.
(d) Go for a walk outside.
5. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Do you understand why I am different?
(b) Are you proud of me?
(c) Do you love me?
(d) Do you approve of my new job?
6. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
7. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
(a) He asks for forgiveness himself.
(b) He asks him to take back the memory.
(c) He forgives The Giver.
(d) He is shocked.
8. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He finds a lost child.
(b) He falls off his bike.
(c) He gets hit by a car.
(d) He gets a flat tire.
9. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
10. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of sunshine.
(b) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(c) The memory of silence and calm.
(d) The memory of laughter.
11. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
12. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
13. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) After Jonas has been trained.
(b) When the Elders give him permission.
(c) During Jonas's training.
(d) When he has reached a certain age.
14. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
(c) Comfort Objects.
15. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) I changes.
(b) She cut it.
(c) She puts it in a ponytail.
(d) She braids it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
2. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
3. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
4. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
5. What will happen if Jonas dies?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)