|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The film reel.
(b) The video.
(c) The tape player.
(d) The CD.
2. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
(b) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(c) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
(d) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
3. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Painting in color.
(c) Writing a new book.
(d) Hunched over in pain.
4. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of walking on a beach.
(b) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
(c) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
(d) The memory of climbing a mountain.
5. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(b) They grew angry and resentful.
(c) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(d) The memories came back to the people.
6. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A bomb explodes.
(b) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
(c) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(d) A long journey through a forest.
7. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
8. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He collides with a tree.
(b) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
(c) He wraps the sled around a tree.
(d) He breaks the sled.
9. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
10. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to join.
(b) They are irritated.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They question him.
11. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(b) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(c) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
(d) Stolen food and his father's bike.
12. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
(a) The winter holiday is fast approaching.
(b) Today is an unschedule holiday.
(c) There is no school on July 4th.
(d) The school is out for summer.
13. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He falls off his bike.
(b) He gets a flat tire.
(c) He finds a lost child.
(d) He gets hit by a car.
14. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
15. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The twin is taken to another room.
(b) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
(c) The twin goes to a new family.
(d) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
Short Answer Questions
1. When can The Giver apply for release?
2. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
4. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
5. Where do parents move to after their children have grown up?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)