|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They do not exist in the community.
(b) They are given to one family.
(c) One gets released.
(d) They are separated at birth.
2. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will miss Jonas.
(b) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
(c) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(d) The community will war against each other.
3. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
4. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
5. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) When he has reached a certain age.
(b) During Jonas's training.
(c) After Jonas has been trained.
(d) When the Elders give him permission.
6. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(b) After the old Receiver died.
(c) When Lily was born.
(d) When Jonas was born.
7. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He wraps the sled around a tree.
(b) He breaks the sled.
(c) He collides with a tree.
(d) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
8. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts it in a ponytail.
(b) She braids it.
(c) She cut it.
(d) I changes.
9. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
10. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She wanted to have a family.
(b) She upset the community.
(c) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
(d) She was not happy to do her job.
11. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
12. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(b) Father rocks him to sleep.
(c) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(d) Jonas tells him a story.
13. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They question him.
(b) They ask him to leave.
(c) They are irritated.
(d) They ask him to join.
14. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
(a) The memory of Father.
(b) The memory of the Giver.
(c) The memory of friends.
(d) The memory of food.
15. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
2. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
3. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
4. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
5. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)