|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The tape player.
(b) The CD.
(c) The video.
(d) The film reel.
2. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Take some of the pain away.
(b) Go for a walk outside.
(c) Leave the community.
(d) Leave his family.
3. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of the sled.
(b) The memory of a sunburn.
(c) The memory of sailing.
(d) The memory of snow.
4. What happens to Jonas on the difficult road?
(a) He falls off his bike.
(b) He gets a flat tire.
(c) He gets hit by a car.
(d) He finds a lost child.
5. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They are separated at birth.
(b) One gets released.
(c) They do not exist in the community.
(d) They are given to one family.
6. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
7. Jonas asks The Giver if he has ever had what member of family?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A father.
(d) A spouse.
8. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The twin goes to a new family.
(b) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
(c) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
(d) The twin is taken to another room.
9. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
10. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
11. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
(a) There is no school on July 4th.
(b) The school is out for summer.
(c) The winter holiday is fast approaching.
(d) Today is an unschedule holiday.
12. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(b) Jonas tells him a story.
(c) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(d) Father rocks him to sleep.
13. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
14. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
(a) The Giver.
15. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
2. What is Jonas's reaction when The Giver begs for forgiveness after he gives Jonas the war memory?
3. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
4. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
5. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)