|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It goes too fast.
(c) It is different.
(d) It breaks.
2. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
(a) The memory of Father.
(b) The memory of the Giver.
(c) The memory of food.
(d) The memory of friends.
3. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
(a) The former Receiver.
(b) The Elders.
(c) Jonas's Father.
(d) The Department of Justice.
4. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(b) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(c) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
(d) Stolen food and his father's bike.
5. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) His parents will receive his bad memories.
(b) The Giver will receive his memories.
(c) His memories will go back to the people.
(d) He will forget everything.
6. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
7. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
8. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will miss Jonas.
(b) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(c) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
(d) The community will war against each other.
9. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
(a) A syringe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A plastic dish.
(d) A cup.
10. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
(a) He burps the infant.
(b) He gives the infant a bottle filled with a liquid.
(c) He injects the infant with a liquid.
(d) He swaddles the infant in cloth.
11. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
(a) Red Rover.
(b) The game of tag.
(d) The game of war.
12. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
13. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She braids it.
(b) She puts it in a ponytail.
(c) I changes.
(d) She cut it.
14. What memory does the Giver first give to Jonas to ease his heavy load?
(a) The memory of the apple.
(b) The memory of a sunburn.
(c) The memory of his spouse.
(d) The sled memory.
15. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Adventure and play.
(b) Fear and joy.
(c) Courage and strength.
(d) Skills and knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
2. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
3. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
4. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
5. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)