|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The canyons.
(b) The outskirts of the community.
(d) the mountains.
2. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(b) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
(c) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(d) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
3. Jonas experiences the following emotions during the war memory EXCEPT:
4. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(b) The memory of sunshine.
(c) The memory of silence and calm.
(d) The memory of laughter.
5. What does Lily want to talk about back at the house in Chapter 17?
(b) Comfort Objects.
6. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) When Lily was born.
(b) After the old Receiver died.
(c) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(d) When Jonas was born.
7. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They are given to one family.
(b) They are separated at birth.
(c) They do not exist in the community.
(d) One gets released.
8. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts it in a ponytail.
(b) She braids it.
(c) She cut it.
(d) I changes.
9. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Adventure and play.
(b) Fear and joy.
(c) Skills and knowledge.
(d) Courage and strength.
10. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
11. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The tape player.
(b) The video.
(c) The film reel.
(d) The CD.
12. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
(b) The community will war against each other.
(c) The community will miss Jonas.
(d) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
13. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Take some of the pain away.
(c) Leave the community.
(d) Leave his family.
14. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
(b) The game of tag.
(c) Red Rover.
(d) The game of war.
15. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Are you proud of me?
(b) Do you understand why I am different?
(c) Do you love me?
(d) Do you approve of my new job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
2. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
3. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
4. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
5. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)