|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(b) After the old Receiver died.
(c) When Jonas was born.
(d) When Lily was born.
2. How does Jonas feel as he watches his Father do something to the smaller twin?
3. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
4. What does Jonas hoard in preparation for his journey?
5. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
6. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
7. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) The Giver will receive his memories.
(b) His memories will go back to the people.
(c) His parents will receive his bad memories.
(d) He will forget everything.
8. What event does Jonas watch take place right before his eyes during the memory of war?
(a) A boy his age dies right next to him.
(b) Two riflemen kill each other in unison.
(c) A long journey through a forest.
(d) A bomb explodes.
9. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It is different.
(b) It goes too fast.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It breaks.
10. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They question him.
(b) They ask him to leave.
(c) They are irritated.
(d) They ask him to join.
11. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
(a) Gabriel's comfort object and food.
(b) Lily's comfort object and her bicycle.
(c) Stolen food and his father's bike.
(d) His mother's food and Lily's bicycle.
12. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Do you understand why I am different?
(b) Do you approve of my new job?
(c) Are you proud of me?
(d) Do you love me?
13. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
(c) The Giver.
14. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) The memories came back to the people.
(c) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(d) Nothing - they stayed the same.
15. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) Because it is safe from people there.
(b) So they can keep warm.
(c) So the planes can not spot them.
(d) Because he knows the trees well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father offer Jonas to ease his physical pain after the sledding ride?
2. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
3. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
4. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
5. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)