|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas give Gabriel to ease his pain?
(a) The memory of Father.
(b) The memory of friends.
(c) The memory of food.
(d) The memory of the Giver.
2. What does Jonas no longer care about as the journey gets progressively longer?
(b) The Giver.
3. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
4. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
(b) He collides with a tree.
(c) He breaks the sled.
(d) He wraps the sled around a tree.
5. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It is different.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It goes too fast.
(d) It disappears.
6. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The outskirts of the community.
(b) the mountains.
(c) The canyons.
7. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(c) Dirt roads.
8. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Do you approve of my new job?
(b) Do you love me?
(c) Are you proud of me?
(d) Do you understand why I am different?
9. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The twin is taken to another room.
(b) The twin goes to a new family.
(c) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
(d) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
10. How do Jonas and Gabriel feel as they travel?
11. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) His memories will go back to the people.
(b) He will forget everything.
(c) His parents will receive his bad memories.
(d) The Giver will receive his memories.
12. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
13. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
14. What does The Giver play so Jonas can witness the request he'd made to see his Father doing something?
(a) The tape player.
(b) The video.
(c) The CD.
(d) The film reel.
15. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) When he has reached a certain age.
(b) When the Elders give him permission.
(c) After Jonas has been trained.
(d) During Jonas's training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
2. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
3. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
4. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
5. What two items does Jonas take with him when he leaves the community?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)