|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(b) After the old Receiver died.
(c) When Jonas was born.
(d) When Lily was born.
2. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) It rains and the roads became slippery.
(b) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
(c) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(d) It turns into vivid colors.
3. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To go play with Asher.
(b) To stay with The Giver all night.
(c) To go back to the way he was.
(d) To return to the House of Old and work.
4. What memory does the Giver give Jonas before he leaves on his journey?
(a) The memory of climbing a mountain.
(b) The memory of lying in the sunshine.
(c) The memory of walking on a beach.
(d) The memory of sitting on a hammock.
5. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
(a) A syringe.
(b) A cup.
(c) A plastic dish.
(d) A knife.
6. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
(a) The canyons.
(b) the mountains.
(d) The outskirts of the community.
7. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Leave the community.
(d) Take some of the pain away.
8. What happens to twins born into the community?
(a) They are separated at birth.
(b) One gets released.
(c) They do not exist in the community.
(d) They are given to one family.
9. When do Jonas and Gabriel openly travel?
(a) During the entire day.
(b) At night.
(c) During the morning.
(d) Only in the afternoon.
10. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of sunshine.
(b) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(c) The memory of silence and calm.
(d) The memory of laughter.
11. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
12. Who does Jonas discover is scheduled to be released the morning after the twins?
13. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to leave.
(b) They are irritated.
(c) They question him.
(d) They ask him to join.
14. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(b) Dirt roads.
15. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
2. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
3. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
4. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
5. What does the Giver give Jonas a memory of that gives Jonas great pain?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)