|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
2. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
(a) Shoe strings.
(d) Hair ribbons.
3. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
4. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) A walrus.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A hippo.
(d) A rabbit.
5. After the Ceremony of Twelves, what characteristic no longer matters?
(d) Skin tone.
6. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A name tag.
(b) A badge.
(c) A medal.
(d) A comfort toy.
7. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
(a) Childcare Center.
(b) The Rehibilitation Center.
(c) Food Distribution.
(d) The Birthing Center.
8. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
(a) The tile floor.
(b) The pictures on the wall.
(c) A wall of books.
(d) The candy in the dish.
9. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
10. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) An assignment.
(b) A comfort object.
(c) A moped.
(d) A bicycle.
11. What assignment is Asher was given?
(a) Assistant Director of the Department of Justice.
(b) Fish Hatchery Director of Personnel.
(c) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(d) Director of the Childcare Center.
12. What does the Receiver ask Jonas to refer to him as?
(a) The Beloved.
(b) The Receiver.
(c) The Giver.
(d) The Hopeful.
13. Who has the final say in changing a rule?
(a) The Nurturer.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The Receiver.
(d) The Laborers.
14. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Pale eyes.
(b) Broad shoulders.
(c) Dark hair.
(d) Hook nose.
15. What is Lily's comfort object?
(a) A stuffed giraffe.
(b) A stuffed elephant.
(c) A soft blanket.
(d) A toy mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
2. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
3. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
4. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
5. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)