|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Broad shoulders.
(b) Pale eyes.
(c) Hook nose.
(d) Dark hair.
2. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
(a) The waiting room.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathing room.
3. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The House of the Old.
(d) The Hall of Open Records.
4. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) For a month.
(b) Until he enters The House of the Old.
(c) For one day.
(d) Until he marries.
5. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
(a) They sing.
(b) They cheer loudly.
(c) They dance.
(d) They chant his name.
6. What assignment is Asher was given?
(a) Fish Hatchery Director of Personnel.
(b) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(c) Director of the Childcare Center.
(d) Assistant Director of the Department of Justice.
7. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Twelve.
(b) The ceremony of Nine.
(c) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(d) The ceremony of Ten.
8. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Applying for Release.
9. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
10. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
11. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
(b) Only in December.
(c) No, but Jonas is the exception.
12. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
(a) Cooking classes.
(b) Bicycle lessons.
(c) Volunteer hours.
(d) Sewing classes.
13. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
(a) It becomes damaged.
(b) It floats mid-air.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It changes.
14. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
15. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
(a) Dream catchers.
(b) Conversations in the morning.
(c) Dream ritual.
(d) Morning prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
2. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
3. What memory does the Giver give Jonas, which males him wake with stinging skin?
4. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
5. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)