|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
(a) Being exempt from rudeness.
(b) Not discussing the training with his parents or elders.
(c) Prohibited from Dream-telling.
(d) Being able to lie.
2. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A walrus.
(c) A hippo.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of rain.
(b) The memory of fire.
(c) The memory of snow.
(d) The memory of wind.
4. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
5. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
(b) Applying for Release.
6. When Jonas gets home from playing catch with Asher in Chapter 3, he used what device to examine the object?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A camera.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A microscope.
7. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow piles up on the streets.
(b) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
(c) Snow creates more jobs.
(d) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
8. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
(a) The park.
(c) The grocery store.
9. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Law.
(b) The Department of Litigation.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Department of Peace.
10. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
(a) A snowboard.
(b) A pair of skies.
(c) A bobsled.
(d) A sled.
11. What is one reason why a person is released?
(a) The person is very old and can no longer contribute.
(b) The person has blue eyes.
(c) The person laughs too much.
(d) The person is too smart.
12. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Palace Door.
(b) The Releasing Room.
(c) The Birthing Room.
(d) The Old Corridor.
13. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
(a) The Nurturing Center.
(c) Jonas's house.
(d) The House of the Old.
14. How many years have the Committee of Elders observed the community in order to decide on the next Receiver?
15. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New shoes.
(b) New clothing.
(c) New watches.
(d) New haircuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the final say in changing a rule?
2. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
3. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
4. What does it mean to be "released?"
5. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)