|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) The Childcare Center.
(b) A variety of places.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
2. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is never used again.
(b) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
(c) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
(d) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
3. What can Jonas do now that he is exempt from rudeness?
(a) Question authority.
(b) Ask any question of any citizen and receive answers.
(c) Say exactly what he wants.
(d) Disobey rules.
4. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Pale eyes.
(b) Hook nose.
(c) Dark hair.
(d) Broad shoulders.
5. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Peace.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Department of Litigation.
(d) The Department of Law.
6. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
7. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
8. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
9. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
10. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
11. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
12. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
(b) Ride bicycles.
(c) Braid their hair.
(d) Obtain shorter hair.
13. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
14. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
15. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
2. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
3. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. What is Lily's comfort object?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)