|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
2. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(b) A jet flies over the community.
(c) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(d) Jonas disobeys his parents.
3. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
4. What memory does the Giver give Jonas, which males him wake with stinging skin?
(b) Skinned knee.
(c) Chapped skin.
5. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
(a) First adventure.
(b) First wantings.
(c) First assignment.
(d) First stirrings.
6. When Jonas gets home from playing catch with Asher in Chapter 3, he used what device to examine the object?
(a) A camera.
(b) A microscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A magnifying glass.
7. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
8. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
9. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) His assignment.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A comfort toy.
10. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
(a) She cries.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She fidgets.
(d) She squints.
11. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
(a) Shoes that buckle.
(b) Front buttoned jackets.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Long pants.
12. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
(a) A pill.
(b) A treat.
(c) A punishment.
(d) A comfort toy.
13. What is the Giver weighted with?
14. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
15. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Ages.
(b) The Book of Money.
(c) The Book of Rules.
(d) The Book of Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
2. What assignment is Asher was given?
3. How many members are in Jonas's family?
4. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
5. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)