|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
2. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
(b) The grocery store.
(d) The park.
3. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
4. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
(a) Bicycle lessons.
(b) Sewing classes.
(c) Volunteer hours.
(d) Cooking classes.
5. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(b) A jet flies over the community.
(c) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(d) Jonas disobeys his parents.
6. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
(a) Prohibited from Dream-telling.
(b) Being exempt from rudeness.
(c) Being able to lie.
(d) Not discussing the training with his parents or elders.
7. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
(a) A treat.
(b) A pill.
(c) A punishment.
(d) A comfort toy.
8. What is the Giver weighted with?
9. When Jonas gets home from playing catch with Asher in Chapter 3, he used what device to examine the object?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A microscope.
(c) A camera.
(d) A magnifying glass.
10. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) He does not sleep through the night.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) Gabriel cries too often.
(d) The family cannot have three children.
11. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
(a) The Rehibilitation Center.
(b) Childcare Center.
(c) Food Distribution.
(d) The Birthing Center.
12. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A walrus.
(d) A hippo.
13. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
(a) She cries.
(b) She fidgets.
(c) She squints.
(d) She laughs.
14. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
(a) Long pants.
(b) Front buttoned jackets.
(c) Shoes that buckle.
(d) A scarf.
15. How many males are awarded per family?
(c) As many as the parents can care for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
2. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
3. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
4. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
5. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)