|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Threes.
(b) The Nines.
(c) The Ones.
(d) The Elevens.
2. What is the Giver weighted with?
3. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
4. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) A hippo.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A walrus.
(d) A rabbit.
5. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Hook nose.
(b) Pale eyes.
(c) Broad shoulders.
(d) Dark hair.
6. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
7. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
(a) Ride bicycles.
(b) Obtain shorter hair.
(d) Braid their hair.
8. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
(a) A comfort toy.
(b) A treat.
(c) A pill.
(d) A punishment.
9. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A badge.
(b) A name tag.
(c) A medal.
(d) A comfort toy.
10. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Ceremony of Ones.
(b) The Name Ceremony.
(c) The Ceremony of Tens.
(d) The Birth Ceremony.
11. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
12. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
(a) Stay after school.
(b) Make a public apology.
(c) Write an essay.
(d) Take a pop quiz.
13. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(b) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(c) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(d) A jet flies over the community.
14. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child an Assignment.
(b) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(c) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(d) Giving a child a comfort toy.
15. Where are children raised until they are named?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
2. When Jonas gets home from playing catch with Asher in Chapter 3, he used what device to examine the object?
3. What does it mean to be "released?"
4. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
5. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)