|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) Gabriel cries too often.
(b) The family cannot have three children.
(c) Lily does not want another brother.
(d) He does not sleep through the night.
2. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Hook nose.
(b) Pale eyes.
(c) Broad shoulders.
(d) Dark hair.
3. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
(a) At birth.
(b) At the Ceremony of Ones.
(c) Before they entered the auditorium.
(d) At the Ceremony of Nines.
4. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
(a) The House of the Old.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Hall of Open Records.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
5. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
6. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Elevens.
(b) The Ones.
(c) The Threes.
(d) The Nines.
7. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
(a) A brochure.
(b) A tape he plays.
(c) A book.
(d) A folder.
8. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A comfort toy.
(b) A medal.
(c) A badge.
(d) A name tag.
9. Where are children sent when they are released?
10. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Ability to Judge.
(b) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(c) The Intelligence to Explore.
(d) The Logic to Decide.
11. What does the Receiver ask Jonas to refer to him as?
(a) The Beloved.
(b) The Receiver.
(c) The Giver.
(d) The Hopeful.
12. Most adults do not know _____ about themselves.
(a) The names of their parents.
(b) Their spouses assignment.
(c) Their exact age.
(d) How tall they are.
13. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New clothing.
(b) New haircuts.
(c) New shoes.
(d) New watches.
14. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) A comfort object.
(b) An assignment.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A moped.
15. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
2. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
3. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
4. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
5. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)