Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are children raised until they are named?
2. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Receiver of Memory.
(b) The Receiver of Intelligence.
(c) The Chief Nurturer.
(d) The Releaser.
3. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(b) Food Production.
(c) Instructor of Twelves.
(d) Instructor of Elevens.
4. What does Jonas rarely do?
(b) Ride his bicycle.
5. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
6. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Ten.
(b) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(c) The ceremony of Nine.
(d) The ceremony of Twelve.
7. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) A moped.
(b) An assignment.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A comfort object.
8. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Intelligence to Explore.
(b) The Ability to Judge.
(c) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(d) The Logic to Decide.
9. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
10. Who is Larissa?
(a) Asher's sister.
(b) A woman in the House of Old.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) A friend of Fionas from school.
11. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
(a) A snowboard.
(b) A sled.
(c) A pair of skies.
(d) A bobsled.
12. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
13. What can Jonas do now that he is exempt from rudeness?
(a) Say exactly what he wants.
(b) Question authority.
(c) Disobey rules.
(d) Ask any question of any citizen and receive answers.
14. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
15. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
2. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
3. Where does Jonas's mother work?
4. What assignment does Fiona receive?
5. Most adults do not know _____ about themselves.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)