|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
(a) A punishment.
(b) A comfort toy.
(c) A treat.
(d) A pill.
2. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The House of the Old.
(c) The Birthing Center.
(d) The Childcare Center.
3. The Speaker accuses Jonas of this because he took an object home.
4. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
5. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of rain.
(b) The memory of fire.
(c) The memory of wind.
(d) The memory of snow.
6. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
(a) At birth.
(b) Before they entered the auditorium.
(c) At the Ceremony of Nines.
(d) At the Ceremony of Ones.
7. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Money.
(b) The Book of Rules.
(c) The Book of Time.
(d) The Book of Ages.
8. What is one reason why a person is released?
(a) The person has blue eyes.
(b) The person laughs too much.
(c) The person is too smart.
(d) The person is very old and can no longer contribute.
9. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A medal.
(b) A badge.
(c) A name tag.
(d) A comfort toy.
10. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
11. Who is Larissa?
(a) Lily's cousin.
(b) A woman in the House of Old.
(c) A friend of Fionas from school.
(d) Asher's sister.
12. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) His assignment.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A comfort toy.
13. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New watches.
(b) New haircuts.
(c) New clothing.
(d) New shoes.
14. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Ten.
(b) The ceremony of Nine.
(c) The ceremony of Twelve.
(d) The ceremony of Thirteen.
15. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
2. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
3. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
4. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
5. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)