|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
2. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of rain.
(b) The memory of wind.
(c) The memory of fire.
(d) The memory of snow.
3. What memory does the Giver give Jonas, which males him wake with stinging skin?
(a) Skinned knee.
(c) Chapped skin.
4. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
(a) A snowboard.
(b) A pair of skies.
(c) A bobsled.
(d) A sled.
5. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(b) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(c) Giving a child an Assignment.
(d) Giving a child a comfort toy.
6. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Old Corridor.
(b) The Palace Door.
(c) The Releasing Room.
(d) The Birthing Room.
7. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
(a) Take a pop quiz.
(b) Make a public apology.
(c) Write an essay.
(d) Stay after school.
8. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Twelve.
(b) The ceremony of Nine.
(c) The ceremony of Ten.
(d) The ceremony of Thirteen.
9. In The Matching of Spouses, which of the following is NOT considered a deciding factor?
10. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow piles up on the streets.
(b) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
(c) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
(d) Snow creates more jobs.
11. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
12. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
(a) First assignment.
(b) First wantings.
(c) First adventure.
(d) First stirrings.
13. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
14. What assignment is Asher was given?
(a) Assistant Director of the Department of Justice.
(b) Fish Hatchery Director of Personnel.
(c) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(d) Director of the Childcare Center.
15. How many members are in Jonas's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
2. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
3. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)