|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
2. What is one reason why a person is released?
(a) The person is very old and can no longer contribute.
(b) The person is too smart.
(c) The person has blue eyes.
(d) The person laughs too much.
3. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
4. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
(a) Dream catchers.
(b) Conversations in the morning.
(c) Morning prayers.
(d) Dream ritual.
5. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
(a) Stay after school.
(b) Take a pop quiz.
(c) Make a public apology.
(d) Write an essay.
6. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They become blurry.
(d) They change, like the apple.
7. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
(a) Fish Hatchery Attendent.
(b) Food Production.
8. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New haircuts.
(b) New watches.
(c) New shoes.
(d) New clothing.
9. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
10. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
(a) Braid their hair.
(c) Ride bicycles.
(d) Obtain shorter hair.
11. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
(a) The Receiver.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The Nurturers.
(d) The Laborers.
12. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Threes.
(b) The Ones.
(c) The Elevens.
(d) The Nines.
13. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
(a) The Chief Elder.
(b) A Birthmother.
(c) The Receiver.
(d) The President.
14. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
15. Where are children raised until they are named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's comfort object?
2. What assignment does Fiona receive?
3. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
4. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
5. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)