|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
2. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
3. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
(c) Hair ribbons.
(d) Shoe strings.
4. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
5. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Nurturers.
(b) The Committee of Elders.
(c) The Committee of Laborers.
(d) The Committee of Spouses.
6. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Name Ceremony.
(b) The Birth Ceremony.
(c) The Ceremony of Tens.
(d) The Ceremony of Ones.
7. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
(a) A Birthmother.
(b) The Receiver.
(c) The Chief Elder.
(d) The President.
8. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
9. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
10. What is the name of the female Jonas meets at the House of the Old?
11. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
(a) The park.
(c) The grocery store.
12. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Threes.
(b) The Elevens.
(c) The Nines.
(d) The Ones.
13. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) For one day.
(b) For a month.
(c) Until he marries.
(d) Until he enters The House of the Old.
14. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The Childcare Center.
(d) A variety of places.
15. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New watches.
(b) New shoes.
(c) New haircuts.
(d) New clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
2. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
3. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
4. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
5. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)