|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
(a) A rain drop.
(c) An icicle.
(d) A snowflake.
2. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) A moped.
(b) An assignment.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A comfort object.
3. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
4. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Chief Nurturer.
(b) The Receiver of Memory.
(c) The Releaser.
(d) The Receiver of Intelligence.
5. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
6. In The Matching of Spouses, which of the following is NOT considered a deciding factor?
7. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Ten.
(b) The ceremony of Twelve.
(c) The ceremony of Nine.
(d) The ceremony of Thirteen.
8. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) Gabriel cries too often.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) He does not sleep through the night.
(d) The family cannot have three children.
9. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
10. What does it mean to be "released?"
(a) To be removed from sports teams.
(b) To be removed from the community.
(c) To be removed from school.
(d) To be removed from church.
11. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
12. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The park.
13. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Nurturing Center.
(d) The Hatchery.
14. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
(a) She cries.
(b) She squints.
(c) She fidgets.
(d) She laughs.
15. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
(a) Childcare Center.
(b) The Birthing Center.
(c) Food Distribution.
(d) The Rehibilitation Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
2. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
3. Who has the final say in changing a rule?
4. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
5. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)