|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
2. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Peace.
(b) The Department of Litigation.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Department of Law.
3. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
4. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow creates more jobs.
(b) Snow piles up on the streets.
(c) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
(d) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
5. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) For a month.
(b) For one day.
(c) Until he enters The House of the Old.
(d) Until he marries.
6. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Logic to Decide.
(b) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(c) The Ability to Judge.
(d) The Intelligence to Explore.
7. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A walrus.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A hippo.
8. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
(a) Stay after school.
(b) Write an essay.
(c) Make a public apology.
(d) Take a pop quiz.
9. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
10. What is Jonas's original number?
11. What assignment does Fiona receive?
(a) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(b) Assistant DIrector of the Fish Hatchery.
(c) Caretaker of the Old.
12. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
(a) An icicle.
(b) A snowflake.
(c) A rain drop.
13. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
14. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
(a) The House of the Old.
(c) Jonas's house.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
15. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(b) The ceremony of Nine.
(c) The ceremony of Ten.
(d) The ceremony of Twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
2. What is the name of the female Jonas meets at the House of the Old?
3. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
4. In which Ceremony are children named?
5. What does the Receiver ask Jonas to refer to him as?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)