|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
(a) A wall of books.
(b) The pictures on the wall.
(c) The tile floor.
(d) The candy in the dish.
2. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Money.
(b) The Book of Time.
(c) The Book of Rules.
(d) The Book of Ages.
3. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(b) The ceremony of Nine.
(c) The ceremony of Twelve.
(d) The ceremony of Ten.
4. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
5. What kind of eyes does Gabriel, the newchild, have?
6. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Hatchery.
(c) The Nurturing Center.
(d) The Birthing Center.
7. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
(a) They boo him.
(b) They become blurry.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They change, like the apple.
8. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
(c) Fish Hatchery Attendent.
(d) Food Production.
9. How many males are awarded per family?
(a) As many as the parents can care for.
10. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
11. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Chief Nurturer.
(b) The Releaser.
(c) The Receiver of Intelligence.
(d) The Receiver of Memory.
12. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
(a) Braid their hair.
(c) Ride bicycles.
(d) Obtain shorter hair.
13. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Ceremony of Tens.
(b) The Ceremony of Ones.
(c) The Name Ceremony.
(d) The Birth Ceremony.
14. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
(a) Only in December.
(d) No, but Jonas is the exception.
15. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) A variety of places.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Childcare Center.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
2. What assignment does Fiona receive?
3. What is Lily's comfort object?
4. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is one reason why a person is released?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)