|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Time.
(b) The Book of Rules.
(c) The Book of Money.
(d) The Book of Ages.
2. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
3. Where are children sent when they are released?
4. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
5. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
(c) Applying for Release.
6. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Elevens.
(b) The Threes.
(c) The Nines.
(d) The Ones.
7. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Dark hair.
(b) Hook nose.
(c) Pale eyes.
(d) Broad shoulders.
8. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(a) Instructor of Twelves.
(c) Food Production.
(d) Instructor of Elevens.
9. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) An assignment.
(c) A moped.
(d) A comfort object.
10. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
11. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
(a) At the Ceremony of Ones.
(b) At the Ceremony of Nines.
(c) At birth.
(d) Before they entered the auditorium.
12. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(b) A jet flies over the community.
(c) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(d) Jonas disobeys his parents.
13. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
(b) The House of the Old.
(c) The Nurturing Center.
(d) Jonas's house.
14. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
15. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
(a) A comfort toy.
(b) A pill.
(c) A punishment.
(d) A treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory does the Giver give Jonas, which males him wake with stinging skin?
2. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
3. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
4. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
5. Where does Jonas's mother work?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)