|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
2. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
3. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Releasing Room.
(b) The Birthing Room.
(c) The Palace Door.
(d) The Old Corridor.
4. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) For a month.
(b) For one day.
(c) Until he enters The House of the Old.
(d) Until he marries.
5. How many members are in Jonas's family?
6. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
7. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
8. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
9. What does the Receiver ask Jonas to refer to him as?
(a) The Receiver.
(b) The Giver.
(c) The Beloved.
(d) The Hopeful.
10. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
11. What is the name of the female Jonas meets at the House of the Old?
12. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Hatchery.
13. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Twelve.
(b) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(c) The ceremony of Nine.
(d) The ceremony of Ten.
14. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A rain drop.
(d) An icicle.
15. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Hook nose.
(b) Pale eyes.
(c) Broad shoulders.
(d) Dark hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas casually picks up what object from a bucket where the snacks are kept?
2. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
3. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
4. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
5. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)