|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
2. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) His assignment.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A comfort toy.
3. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A jet flies over the community.
(b) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(c) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(d) There is a release in Jonas's family.
4. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
5. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
6. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
7. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
(a) The candy in the dish.
(b) A wall of books.
(c) The pictures on the wall.
(d) The tile floor.
8. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
(a) They chant his name.
(b) They sing.
(c) They cheer loudly.
(d) They dance.
9. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(b) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(c) Giving a child an Assignment.
(d) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
10. Where are children raised until they are named?
11. What assignment does Fiona receive?
(b) Caretaker of the Old.
(c) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(d) Assistant DIrector of the Fish Hatchery.
12. Jonas casually picks up what object from a bucket where the snacks are kept?
(a) An apple.
(b) A baseball.
(c) An orange.
(d) A banana.
13. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Threes.
(b) The Nines.
(c) The Elevens.
(d) The Ones.
14. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
15. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
(a) A comfort toy.
(b) A badge.
(c) A medal.
(d) A name tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
2. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
3. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
4. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
5. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)