|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
(a) First wantings.
(b) First adventure.
(c) First assignment.
(d) First stirrings.
2. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) The Childcare Center.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) A variety of places.
(d) The Department of Justice.
3. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
(a) Prohibited from Dream-telling.
(b) Being able to lie.
(c) Being exempt from rudeness.
(d) Not discussing the training with his parents or elders.
4. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) Until he marries.
(b) For one day.
(c) For a month.
(d) Until he enters The House of the Old.
5. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
6. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Birth Ceremony.
(b) The Ceremony of Ones.
(c) The Ceremony of Tens.
(d) The Name Ceremony.
7. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
(b) Ride bicycles.
(c) Obtain shorter hair.
(d) Braid their hair.
8. As Jonas is preparing for bed, he begins to read the description his assignment, which is located in what?
(a) A book.
(b) A brochure.
(c) A tape he plays.
(d) A folder.
9. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Applying for Release.
10. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) He does not sleep through the night.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) Gabriel cries too often.
(d) The family cannot have three children.
11. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
(a) No, but Jonas is the exception.
(c) Only in December.
12. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New shoes.
(b) New haircuts.
(c) New clothing.
(d) New watches.
13. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) His assignment.
(b) A comfort toy.
(c) A bicycle.
14. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
(a) They sing.
(b) They cheer loudly.
(c) They dance.
(d) They chant his name.
15. What does Jonas rarely do?
(a) Ride his bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
2. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
3. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
4. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
5. Where are children raised until they are named?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)