|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
(b) Food Production.
(d) Fish Hatchery Attendent.
2. What is one reason why a person is released?
(a) The person is too smart.
(b) The person has blue eyes.
(c) The person laughs too much.
(d) The person is very old and can no longer contribute.
3. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
4. What is the Giver weighted with?
5. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
6. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
(a) Morning prayers.
(b) Dream ritual.
(c) Conversations in the morning.
(d) Dream catchers.
7. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) Gabriel cries too often.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) The family cannot have three children.
(d) He does not sleep through the night.
8. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
9. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
(a) The waiting room.
(b) The bathing room.
(c) The infirmary.
(d) The kitchen.
10. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
(a) Make a public apology.
(b) Write an essay.
(c) Stay after school.
(d) Take a pop quiz.
11. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Palace Door.
(b) The Old Corridor.
(c) The Birthing Room.
(d) The Releasing Room.
12. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
(a) First assignment.
(b) First stirrings.
(c) First adventure.
(d) First wantings.
13. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
(a) Hook nose.
(b) Dark hair.
(c) Pale eyes.
(d) Broad shoulders.
14. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of snow.
(b) The memory of fire.
(c) The memory of wind.
(d) The memory of rain.
15. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
(a) The park.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
2. The Speaker accuses Jonas of this because he took an object home.
3. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
4. Where are children raised until they are named?
5. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)