|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) Food Distribution.
(c) The Rehibilitation Center.
(d) Childcare Center.
2. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) He does not sleep through the night.
(b) The family cannot have three children.
(c) Lily does not want another brother.
(d) Gabriel cries too often.
3. Where are children raised until they are named?
4. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New clothing.
(b) New watches.
(c) New haircuts.
(d) New shoes.
5. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A comfort toy.
(d) His assignment.
6. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
(a) Morning prayers.
(b) Dream ritual.
(c) Dream catchers.
(d) Conversations in the morning.
7. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
(b) Snow piles up on the streets.
(c) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
(d) Snow creates more jobs.
8. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Threes.
(b) The Ones.
(c) The Nines.
(d) The Elevens.
9. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
10. What assignment does Fiona receive?
(a) Caretaker of the Old.
(c) Assistant DIrector of the Fish Hatchery.
(d) Assistant Director of Recreation.
11. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
12. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
(b) No, but Jonas is the exception.
(d) Only in December.
13. Most adults do not know _____ about themselves.
(a) Their exact age.
(b) Their spouses assignment.
(c) The names of their parents.
(d) How tall they are.
14. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
(b) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
(c) The Receiver's name is never used again.
(d) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
15. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
(a) The bathing room.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The waiting room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
2. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
3. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
4. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
5. What object does a person received when they receive their assignment?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)