|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
(a) The memory of wind.
(b) The memory of rain.
(c) The memory of snow.
(d) The memory of fire.
2. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
3. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Elevens.
(b) The Ones.
(c) The Threes.
(d) The Nines.
4. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
(a) A comfort object.
(b) A moped.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) An assignment.
5. What assignment does Jonas think Lily would be good at?
6. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
7. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Law.
(b) The Department of Peace.
(c) The Department of Litigation.
(d) The Department of Justice.
8. How many members are in Jonas's family?
9. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
10. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
(b) Shoe strings.
(d) Hair ribbons.
11. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
12. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) A hippo.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A walrus.
13. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A comfort toy.
(d) His assignment.
14. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
(b) Braid their hair.
(c) Ride bicycles.
(d) Obtain shorter hair.
15. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Laborers.
(b) The Committee of Nurturers.
(c) The Committee of Spouses.
(d) The Committee of Elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
2. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
3. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
4. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
5. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)