|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the landscape as Jonas rides upon it in Chapter 22?
(a) Tt changes and becomes difficult to ride on.
(b) It snows and Jonas cannot see.
(c) It turns into vivid colors.
(d) It rains and the roads became slippery.
2. What object does Father take out of the cupboard after the identical twins are weighted?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cup.
(c) A plastic dish.
(d) A syringe.
3. What happens to Jonas when he is sledding in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits a bump and hurts himself.
(b) He collides with a tree.
(c) He wraps the sled around a tree.
(d) He breaks the sled.
4. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Take some of the pain away.
(c) Leave his family.
(d) Leave the community.
5. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the House of the Old.
(b) To the nursery.
(c) To the school.
(d) To the Department of Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
2. Where are children raised until they are named?
3. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
4. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
5. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)