|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Jonas dies?
(a) The Giver will receive his memories.
(b) His memories will go back to the people.
(c) He will forget everything.
(d) His parents will receive his bad memories.
2. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
3. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
4. In The Matching of Spouses, which of the following is NOT considered a deciding factor?
5. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Intelligence to Explore.
(b) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(c) The Ability to Judge.
(d) The Logic to Decide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
2. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
4. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
5. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)