|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
2. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
(a) They dance.
(b) They sing.
(c) They cheer loudly.
(d) They chant his name.
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the school.
(b) To the House of the Old.
(c) To the nursery.
(d) To the Department of Justice.
4. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
(a) Because it is safe from people there.
(b) Because he knows the trees well.
(c) So the planes can not spot them.
(d) So they can keep warm.
5. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
2. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
3. Where does Jonas's mother work?
4. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
5. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)