|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
(a) Give Jonas painful memories.
(b) Visit the Department of Justice.
(c) Stop seeing Jonas.
(d) Give his books to the House of Old.
2. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
(a) A lease.
(b) A contract.
(c) A license.
(d) A pledge.
3. What do Jonas and Gabriel see in the trees on their way to a new life?
(c) Dirt roads.
4. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Intelligence to Explore.
(b) The Logic to Decide.
(c) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(d) The Ability to Judge.
5. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Ceremony of Twelves, what characteristic no longer matters?
2. What does it mean to be "released?"
3. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
4. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)