|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Twelve.
(b) The ceremony of Ten.
(c) The ceremony of Nine.
(d) The ceremony of Thirteen.
2. What does the Receiver ask Jonas to refer to him as?
(a) The Receiver.
(b) The Giver.
(c) The Beloved.
(d) The Hopeful.
3. What memory does Jonas transfer to Gabriel as they travel?
(a) The memory of sunshine.
(b) The memory of silence and calm.
(c) The memory of deep exhaustion.
(d) The memory of laughter.
4. How does Jonas feel when he is skipped by the Chief Elder at the Ceremony of Twelve?
5. What will essentially happen if Jonas leaves the community?
(a) The community will miss Jonas.
(b) The community will rid themselves of Jonas's family.
(c) The community will war against each other.
(d) The community will be forced to bear the memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. When can The Giver apply for release?
2. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
3. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
4. Why does Jonas take Gabriel into the trees?
5. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)