|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
2. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To return to the House of Old and work.
(b) To go play with Asher.
(c) To go back to the way he was.
(d) To stay with The Giver all night.
3. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) Until he marries.
(b) Until he enters The House of the Old.
(c) For one day.
(d) For a month.
4. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Nurturers.
(b) The Committee of Laborers.
(c) The Committee of Elders.
(d) The Committee of Spouses.
5. What happens to the larger twin?
(a) The nurse leaves the baby in the room unattended.
(b) The nurse takes the twin away to be cared for.
(c) The twin is taken to another room.
(d) The twin goes to a new family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
2. How does Jonas feel after he receives treatment in Chapter 5?
3. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
4. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
5. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)