|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
(a) To the school.
(b) To the House of the Old.
(c) To the nursery.
(d) To the Department of Justice.
2. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
3. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is never used again.
(b) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
(c) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
(d) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
4. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It goes too fast.
(b) It is different.
(c) It breaks.
(d) It disappears.
5. The Speaker accuses Jonas of this because he took an object home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the announcement from the Speaker regarding school that brings joy to the students?
2. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
3. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
4. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
5. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)