|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
(a) They cheer loudly.
(b) They sing.
(c) They dance.
(d) They chant his name.
2. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
3. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
(a) Do you love me?
(b) Do you approve of my new job?
(c) Are you proud of me?
(d) Do you understand why I am different?
4. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Hunched over in pain.
(c) Painting in color.
(d) Writing a new book.
5. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) After the old Receiver died.
(b) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(c) When Lily was born.
(d) When Jonas was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas casually picks up what object from a bucket where the snacks are kept?
2. What action does Father perform on the smaller twin?
3. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
4. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
5. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)