|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
(a) A contract.
(b) A pledge.
(c) A lease.
(d) A license.
2. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
3. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
(a) Jonas is rude to Gabriel.
(b) Jonas leaves the house to see The Giver.
(c) Jonas does not speak to his parents.
(d) Jonas does not take his pill.
4. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(b) The memories came back to the people.
(c) They grew angry and resentful.
(d) Nothing - they stayed the same.
5. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
(a) The ceremony of Thirteen.
(b) The ceremony of Nine.
(c) The ceremony of Twelve.
(d) The ceremony of Ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
2. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
3. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
4. What is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
5. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)