|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The Nurturers.
(c) The Laborers.
(d) The Receiver.
2. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Laborers.
(b) The Committee of Nurturers.
(c) The Committee of Elders.
(d) The Committee of Spouses.
3. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
4. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
(a) Make sure Gabriel gets medication.
(b) Put Gabriel in Jonas's room.
(c) Put Gabriel in Lily's room.
(d) Put Gabriel back in the Nurturing Center.
5. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
(a) It changes.
(b) It floats mid-air.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It becomes damaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
2. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
3. Dream-telling begins at what age?
4. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
5. After the Ceremony of Twelves, what characteristic no longer matters?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)