|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) For a month.
(b) For one day.
(c) Until he marries.
(d) Until he enters The House of the Old.
2. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
(a) At birth.
(b) At the Ceremony of Nines.
(c) Before they entered the auditorium.
(d) At the Ceremony of Ones.
3. The Speaker accuses Jonas of this because he took an object home.
4. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
(b) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
(c) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
(d) The Receiver's name is never used again.
5. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(b) A jet flies over the community.
(c) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(d) Jonas disobeys his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
2. Why might Gabriel be released?
3. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
4. On the first day of training, Jonas rides to the House of Old with which character?
5. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)