|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
(a) Before they entered the auditorium.
(b) At the Ceremony of Ones.
(c) At the Ceremony of Nines.
(d) At birth.
2. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
3. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
(a) A wall of books.
(b) The candy in the dish.
(c) The tile floor.
(d) The pictures on the wall.
4. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
(a) Stop seeing Jonas.
(b) Visit the Department of Justice.
(c) Give his books to the House of Old.
(d) Give Jonas painful memories.
5. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What remedy is used to treat Jonas's new feelings from his dream in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
3. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
4. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
5. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)