|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
(a) The memory of a sunburn.
(b) The memory of sailing.
(c) The memory of the sled.
(d) The memory of snow.
2. What is Jonas's original number?
3. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A pen.
(b) A book.
(c) A piece of writing.
(d) A test.
4. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(b) Jonas tells him a story.
(c) Father rocks him to sleep.
(d) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
5. Where are children sent when they are released?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
2. Because Gabriel is doing so well, where do the nurturers decide that Gabriel must be taken?
3. In which Ceremony are children named?
4. What is the second memory The Giver gives Jonas, and does not reveal the name of it?
5. What does Gabriel do continuously throughout the night in Chapter 14?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)