|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Nurturers.
(b) The Committee of Spouses.
(c) The Committee of Laborers.
(d) The Committee of Elders.
2. Which of the following is NOT a quality of a Receiver?
3. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
(a) A contract.
(b) A lease.
(c) A pledge.
(d) A license.
4. What assignment does Fiona receive?
(a) Assistant Director of Recreation.
(c) Assistant DIrector of the Fish Hatchery.
(d) Caretaker of the Old.
5. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The Laborers.
(c) The Nurturers.
(d) The Receiver.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
2. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
3. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
4. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
5. What assignment does Madeline receive, which Jonas is glad he did not?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)