|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
(a) A snowboard.
(b) A pair of skies.
(c) A bobsled.
(d) A sled.
2. What is one reason why a person is released?
(a) The person laughs too much.
(b) The person has blue eyes.
(c) The person is very old and can no longer contribute.
(d) The person is too smart.
3. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
4. What emotion does Jonas experience when he receivs the memory of Christmas with family and friends?
5. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest his Father do to help soothe Gabriel during the night?
2. What memory does Jonas give Gabriel during the night as he is trying to calm him down?
3. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
4. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
5. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)