|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Receiver of Intelligence.
(b) The Releaser.
(c) The Chief Nurturer.
(d) The Receiver of Memory.
2. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(b) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(c) A jet flies over the community.
(d) There is a release in Jonas's family.
3. Which character does not talk to Jonas after the Ceremony?
4. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Ceremony of Ones.
(b) The Birth Ceremony.
(c) The Name Ceremony.
(d) The Ceremony of Tens.
5. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
2. When were the original numbers of the group at the Ceremony of Twelve given out?
3. Jonas casually picks up what object from a bucket where the snacks are kept?
4. What is the Giver weighted with?
5. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)