|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have the Committee of Elders observed the community in order to decide on the next Receiver?
2. After Jonas is skipped over, which character receives an assignment as Jonas sits silently hunched in his chair?
3. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
(a) The Receiver.
(b) The President.
(c) A Birthmother.
(d) The Chief Elder.
4. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
(a) The bathing room.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The waiting room.
5. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
(a) Prohibited from Dream-telling.
(b) Being able to lie.
(c) Not discussing the training with his parents or elders.
(d) Being exempt from rudeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
2. The Receiver looks like any other person in the community EXCEPT for this one trait:
3. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
4. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
5. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)