|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
(a) The Book of Time.
(b) The Book of Rules.
(c) The Book of Ages.
(d) The Book of Money.
2. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
3. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
4. Who makes the opening speech at the Ceremony of Twelves?
(a) A Birthmother.
(b) The President.
(c) The Chief Elder.
(d) The Receiver.
5. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
(b) The Receiver's name is never used again.
(c) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
(d) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason why a person is released?
2. What does the Receiver ask Jonas to refer to him as?
3. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
4. Where did Benjamin, an Eleven, completed nearly four years of volunteer work?
5. What is the first thing to catch Jonas's eye when the receptionist leads him into the Receiver's office?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)