|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
(a) Hair ribbons.
(c) Shoe strings.
2. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Receiver of Intelligence.
(b) The Receiver of Memory.
(c) The Chief Nurturer.
(d) The Releaser.
3. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
4. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A jet flies over the community.
(b) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(c) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(d) Jonas lies to his teacher.
5. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Logic to Decide.
(b) The Intelligence to Explore.
(c) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(d) The Ability to Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
2. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
3. How many years have the Committee of Elders observed the community in order to decide on the next Receiver?
4. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
5. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)