|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which female, whose original number is eighteen, sits beside Jonas during the Ceremony of Twelves?
2. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Law.
(b) The Department of Peace.
(c) The Department of Litigation.
(d) The Department of Justice.
3. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
(a) It becomes damaged.
(b) It floats mid-air.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It changes.
4. Mother describes Jonas's new feelings in his dream as what?
(a) First assignment.
(b) First stirrings.
(c) First wantings.
(d) First adventure.
5. How long does Jonas have to take the pill?
(a) Until he enters The House of the Old.
(b) For a month.
(c) For one day.
(d) Until he marries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
2. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
3. What does a child do to provoke Adults to call their children by their original number and not their name?
4. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
5. While Jonas's mother is speaking with him about his dream, Jonas's father takes Lily where?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)