|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) The Childcare Center.
(c) The House of the Old.
(d) The Department of Justice.
2. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(b) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(c) Giving a child an Assignment.
(d) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
3. The Speaker accuses Jonas of this because he took an object home.
4. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
(a) The Receiver of Memory.
(b) The Releaser.
(c) The Chief Nurturer.
(d) The Receiver of Intelligence.
5. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason why a person is released?
2. Which book contains a reference to what Jonas felt in his dream?
3. In which Ceremony are children named?
4. What is Jonas's father's assignment?
5. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)