|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Birth Ceremony.
(b) The Ceremony of Tens.
(c) The Ceremony of Ones.
(d) The Name Ceremony.
2. What is the name of the man that Larissa announces was released the morning Jonas came to the House of the Old?
3. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Birthing Center.
(c) The Hatchery.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
4. Dream-telling begins at what age?
(a) The Threes.
(b) The Nines.
(c) The Elevens.
(d) The Ones.
5. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Jonas have to do because he is late for class in Chapter 5?
2. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
3. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
4. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why might Gabriel be released?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)