|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to be "released?"
(a) To be removed from the community.
(b) To be removed from school.
(c) To be removed from sports teams.
(d) To be removed from church.
2. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) The family cannot have three children.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) Gabriel cries too often.
(d) He does not sleep through the night.
3. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The Hall of Open Records.
(d) The House of the Old.
4. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The Nurturers.
(c) The Laborers.
(d) The Receiver.
5. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
2. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
3. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
4. In The Matching of Spouses, which of the following is NOT considered a deciding factor?
5. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)