|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) The family cannot have three children.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) Gabriel cries too often.
(d) He does not sleep through the night.
2. What does Jonas rarely do?
(a) Ride his bicycle.
3. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
(b) No, but Jonas is the exception.
(d) Only in December.
4. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
5. What kind of eyes does Gabriel, the newchild, have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
2. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
3. What does it mean to be "released?"
4. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
5. What is the name of Jonas's best friend introduced in Chapter 1?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)