|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are children raised until they are named?
2. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(b) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(c) Jonas disobeys his parents.
(d) A jet flies over the community.
3. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
(a) It changes.
(b) It becomes damaged.
(c) It floats mid-air.
(d) It falls apart.
4. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) The Hatchery.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
5. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The House of the Old.
(b) The Birthing Center.
(c) The Childcare Center.
(d) The Department of Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Jonas dream of in Chapter 5?
2. What is the activity of telling each family members about dreams?
3. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
4. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
5. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)