|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A walrus.
(d) A hippo.
2. What is the name of the infant that Father is concerned is not thriving?
3. Who is Larissa?
(a) Asher's sister.
(b) A woman in the House of Old.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) A friend of Fionas from school.
4. Jonas tells his parents about his dream that took place where?
(b) The House of the Old.
(c) Jonas's house.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
5. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Ceremony of Ones.
(b) The Birth Ceremony.
(c) The Ceremony of Tens.
(d) The Name Ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
2. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
3. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
4. When Jonas gets home from playing catch with Asher in Chapter 3, he used what device to examine the object?
5. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)