|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the Ceremony of Twelve take place?
2. Are children allowed into the Releasing room?
(a) Only in December.
(d) No, but Jonas is the exception.
3. Jonas casually picks up what object from a bucket where the snacks are kept?
(a) An apple.
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A baseball.
4. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) Lily does not want another brother.
(b) The family cannot have three children.
(c) He does not sleep through the night.
(d) Gabriel cries too often.
5. Who is Larissa?
(a) A friend of Fionas from school.
(b) Lily's cousin.
(c) Asher's sister.
(d) A woman in the House of Old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to be "released?"
2. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
3. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
4. During the ritual telling of feelings, each member describes an incident where they felt or displayed anger, frustration, or worry. What event does Jonas explains feelings of apprehension for?
5. Who has the final say in changing a rule?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)