|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
2. Where does Jonas's mother work?
(a) The Department of Law.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Department of Peace.
(d) The Department of Litigation.
3. What is the name of the female Jonas meets at the House of the Old?
4. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(a) Food Production.
(b) Instructor of Elevens.
(c) Instructor of Twelves.
5. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(b) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(c) Giving a child an Assignment.
(d) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonas says he feels frightened in the beginning of the novel, then he changes his mind and replaces the name of his feeling with what word?
2. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
3. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
5. How many males are awarded per family?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)