|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
(a) To go back to the way he was.
(b) To go play with Asher.
(c) To stay with The Giver all night.
(d) To return to the House of Old and work.
2. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) Gabriel cries too often.
(b) Lily does not want another brother.
(c) The family cannot have three children.
(d) He does not sleep through the night.
3. What animal, which lost its mate, does The Giver gave Jonas a new memory of?
4. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(b) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(c) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(d) Giving a child an Assignment.
5. What is Jonas anticipating will take place at the Ceremony of Twelve?
(a) A comfort toy.
(b) His assignment.
(d) A bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
2. What assignment is Asher was given?
3. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
4. What object does The Giver give Jonas the experience of, while he is sitting at the top of a snow-touched hill?
5. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)