|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have the Committee of Elders observed the community in order to decide on the next Receiver?
2. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(b) After the old Receiver died.
(c) When Jonas was born.
(d) When Lily was born.
3. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
4. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Releasing Room.
(b) The Palace Door.
(c) The Birthing Room.
(d) The Old Corridor.
5. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(b) Jonas tells him a story.
(c) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(d) Father rocks him to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Jonas dies?
2. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
3. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
4. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
5. How does Roberto feel when he walks through the special door in the Releasing room?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)