|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
(a) The Nurturers.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The Receiver.
(d) The Laborers.
2. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Palace Door.
(b) The Birthing Room.
(c) The Old Corridor.
(d) The Releasing Room.
3. What can Jonas do now that he is exempt from rudeness?
(a) Disobey rules.
(b) Ask any question of any citizen and receive answers.
(c) Say exactly what he wants.
(d) Question authority.
4. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(b) When Jonas was born.
(c) After the old Receiver died.
(d) When Lily was born.
5. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New clothing.
(b) New shoes.
(c) New haircuts.
(d) New watches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is given at the Ceremony of Nines?
2. What assignment does Fiona receive?
3. Which instruction impresses Jonas the most?
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. What assignment does Lily think sounds like a luxury, a thought for which her mother reprimands her?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)