|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memories will The Giver transfer to Jonas to prepare him for his escape?
(a) Skills and knowledge.
(b) Courage and strength.
(c) Fear and joy.
(d) Adventure and play.
2. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is never used again.
(b) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
(c) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
(d) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
3. How do the children react to Jonas when he does not want to play the game in the field?
(a) They ask him to leave.
(b) They ask him to join.
(c) They question him.
(d) They are irritated.
4. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
5. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
(a) The Hall of Open Records.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The House of the Old.
(d) The Department of Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Jonas plan an escape?
2. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
3. When Jonas gets home from playing catch with Asher in Chapter 3, he used what device to examine the object?
4. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
5. Which character is Jonas worried won't understand the concept of Release?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)