|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule is NOT taken seriously?
(a) Giving a child a name before the Ceremony of Ones.
(b) Giving a child a comfort toy.
(c) Teaching nines how to ride bicycles before the Ceremony.
(d) Giving a child an Assignment.
2. Roberto performed many functions in the Community. He was on the Planning Committee and he had a family, but he was most remembered for what position?
(a) Instructor of Twelves.
(c) Instructor of Elevens.
(d) Food Production.
3. Jonas is prohibited from all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Applying for Release.
4. Who decids that identical twins would be too complicated?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The Elders.
(c) Jonas's Father.
(d) The former Receiver.
5. Information, including volunteer hours, is all housed in this building:
(a) The House of the Old.
(b) The Nurturing Center.
(c) The Hall of Open Records.
(d) The Department of Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jonas is on The Giver's couch in Chapter 20, what does Jonas scream that he wants?
2. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
3. When can The Giver apply for release?
4. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)