|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action of defiance does Jonas take after he lies to his parents about understanding the word "love"?
(a) Jonas leaves the house to see The Giver.
(b) Jonas is rude to Gabriel.
(c) Jonas does not speak to his parents.
(d) Jonas does not take his pill.
2. Which way does the community NOT react to the failure of the former Receiver?
(a) The Receiver's name is removed from the House of Records.
(b) The Receiver's name is never used again.
(c) The Receiver's name is never spoken aloud again.
(d) The Receiver has to pay a fine.
3. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
(a) A rain drop.
(b) An icicle.
(c) A snowflake.
4. Where does Jonas volunteer in Chapter 4?
(a) A variety of places.
(b) The Childcare Center.
(c) The Nurturing Center.
(d) The Department of Justice.
5. What does Jonas beg for at the end of his receiving of the war memory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
2. At what age is a comfort toy taken away and recycled to the younger children?
3. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
4. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
5. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)