|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ceremony of Twelve is when the children are assigned their life jobs. Who observes the child before placement?
(a) The Receiver.
(b) The Nurturers.
(c) The Laborers.
(d) The Elders.
2. Where does Jonas go to volunteer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Childcare Center.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Birthing Center.
(d) The House of the Old.
3. What activity does a person start when they become a Seven?
(a) Volunteer hours.
(b) Sewing classes.
(c) Cooking classes.
(d) Bicycle lessons.
4. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) The memories came back to the people.
(c) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(d) Nothing - they stayed the same.
5. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(b) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(c) Father rocks him to sleep.
(d) Jonas tells him a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assignment is Asher was given?
2. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
3. What can Jonas now see and keep by Chapter 17?
4. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
5. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)