|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Speaker accuses Jonas of this because he took an object home.
2. What does the Giver beg Jonas to do when Jonas walks into the Annex to see him in Chapter 15?
(a) Go for a walk outside.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Leave the community.
(d) Take some of the pain away.
3. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The Hatchery.
(d) The Nurturing Center.
4. In which Ceremony are children named?
(a) The Birth Ceremony.
(b) The Name Ceremony.
(c) The Ceremony of Ones.
(d) The Ceremony of Tens.
5. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
(a) The waiting room.
(b) The bathing room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many males are awarded per family?
2. What assignment does Jonas receive from The Chief Elder?
3. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
4. When can The Giver apply for release?
5. What game do the children play out in the field where Asher and Jonas are playing in Chapter 17?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)