|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason why Gabriel begins to sleep through the night?
(a) Jonas tells him a story.
(b) Jonas sings a lullaby to him.
(c) Jonas transfers peaceful memories to him.
(d) Father rocks him to sleep.
2. In what position does Jonas find The Giver in many times?
(a) Hunched over in pain.
(b) Painting in color.
(c) Writing a new book.
3. When a person is released, they are led through which room?
(a) The Palace Door.
(b) The Birthing Room.
(c) The Old Corridor.
(d) The Releasing Room.
4. When Jonas arrives at the House of the Old, he finds out that Asher and Fiona are both volunteering in which room?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The waiting room.
(c) The infirmary.
(d) The bathing room.
5. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) Lily does not want another brother.
(b) Gabriel cries too often.
(c) He does not sleep through the night.
(d) The family cannot have three children.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
2. What will happen if Jonas dies?
3. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
4. What question does Jonas ask his parent, who replied with amusement and chastise him for inappropriate use of words?
5. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)