|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Jonas try to give an awareness of the color red to?
2. What is the reason why Jonas's community does not have snow?
(a) Snow piles up on the streets.
(b) Snow makes it hard to grow food.
(c) Snow ruins the sidewalks.
(d) Snow creates more jobs.
3. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
4. What memory does the Giver give Jonas, which males him wake with stinging skin?
(a) Chapped skin.
(d) Skinned knee.
5. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
(a) Give Jonas painful memories.
(b) Give his books to the House of Old.
(c) Visit the Department of Justice.
(d) Stop seeing Jonas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what happens to the object as Asher and Jonas played catch?
2. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
3. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)