|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) He does not sleep through the night.
(b) Gabriel cries too often.
(c) Lily does not want another brother.
(d) The family cannot have three children.
2. What quality does Jonas already have but cannot be described?
(a) The Intelligence to Explore.
(b) The Capacity to See Beyond.
(c) The Ability to Judge.
(d) The Logic to Decide.
3. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
4. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
(a) Front buttoned jackets.
(b) Long pants.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Shoes that buckle.
5. Where are children sent when they are released?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas suggest The Giver do so his load will not be so heavy?
2. What kind of eyes does Gabriel, the newchild, have?
3. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
4. What object does Jonas eat in order to feel the memory of a cold sensation?
5. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)