|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
2. Why might Gabriel be released?
(a) The family cannot have three children.
(b) Gabriel cries too often.
(c) He does not sleep through the night.
(d) Lily does not want another brother.
3. Birthmothers do not get to see the newchildren. Where does Mother thinks Lily should volunteer in order to be around the children?
(a) The Birthing Center.
(b) The Hatchery.
(c) The Nurturing Center.
(d) The Department of Justice.
4. What is Gabriel's comfort object?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A hippo.
(c) A walrus.
(d) A rabbit.
5. The Giver was reluctant to hurt Jonas, but Jonas was firm and acted with what characteristic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the audience when Jonas looks out upon them?
2. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
3. The speaker announces that females under nine need to have these objects neatly tied at all times. Lily breaks this rule often.
4. What does the crowd do to show their acceptance of the Chief Elder's final decision regarding Jonas's assignment?
5. Birthmothers have how many births in three years?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)