|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) When the Elders give him permission.
(b) During Jonas's training.
(c) After Jonas has been trained.
(d) When he has reached a certain age.
2. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
(a) A book.
(b) A test.
(c) A piece of writing.
(d) A pen.
3. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She braids it.
(b) I changes.
(c) She cut it.
(d) She puts it in a ponytail.
4. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
(b) She was not happy to do her job.
(c) She upset the community.
(d) She wanted to have a family.
5. Which committee thought of the Assignments?
(a) The Committee of Spouses.
(b) The Committee of Laborers.
(c) The Committee of Elders.
(d) The Committee of Nurturers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
2. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
3. What feeling best describes Jonas as the Ceremony of Twelves approaches?
4. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
5. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)