|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) After Jonas has been trained.
(b) When the Elders give him permission.
(c) When he has reached a certain age.
(d) During Jonas's training.
2. What does Gabriel wake up in the night doing in Chapter 12?
3. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She wanted to have a family.
(b) She upset the community.
(c) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
(d) She was not happy to do her job.
4. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New haircuts.
(b) New watches.
(c) New shoes.
(d) New clothing.
5. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It breaks.
(b) It is different.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It goes too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
2. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
3. What does Jonas first dream of after seeing The Giver?
4. What does the Giver give Jonas when he asks about Fiona's hair?
5. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)