|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
2. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
(a) She fidgets.
(b) She squints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
3. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) After Jonas has been trained.
(b) When he has reached a certain age.
(c) When the Elders give him permission.
(d) During Jonas's training.
4. Seven's see the first sign of independence when they are given what article of clothing?
(a) Shoes that buckle.
(b) Long pants.
(c) Front buttoned jackets.
(d) A scarf.
5. What happened to the last Receiver, and why did she fail?
(a) She wanted to have a family.
(b) She upset the community.
(c) She was not happy to do her job.
(d) She could not handle the good and bad memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
2. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
3. What will happen if Jonas dies?
4. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
5. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)