|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriel labeled at the Ceremony of Ones?
2. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) During Jonas's training.
(b) When the Elders give him permission.
(c) After Jonas has been trained.
(d) When he has reached a certain age.
3. When did the council add the no release rule to the list for Jonas?
(a) At the Ceremony of Twelve.
(b) When Jonas was born.
(c) After the old Receiver died.
(d) When Lily was born.
4. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They grew angry and resentful.
(b) Nothing - they stayed the same.
(c) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(d) The memories came back to the people.
5. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
(a) She cut it.
(b) I changes.
(c) She braids it.
(d) She puts it in a ponytail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
2. What is the first color Jonas is beginning to see?
3. Where are children sent when they are released?
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
5. What does Jonas feel now as a result of his knowledge of the former Receiver and her failure?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)