|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the sled during the memory sequence in Chapter 12?
(a) It goes too fast.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It is different.
(d) It disappears.
2. What happened to the community when the old Receiver was released?
(a) They began to interpret her old dreams.
(b) The memories came back to the people.
(c) They grew angry and resentful.
(d) Nothing - they stayed the same.
3. When can The Giver apply for release?
(a) During Jonas's training.
(b) When he has reached a certain age.
(c) When the Elders give him permission.
(d) After Jonas has been trained.
4. How does Lily react to Mother tying her hair ribbons?
(a) She squints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She fidgets.
(d) She laughs.
5. What objects were are out at the Ceremony of Elevens?
(a) New shoes.
(b) New clothing.
(c) New haircuts.
(d) New watches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What step must Tens make to continue on to adulthood?
2. What does each family member need to sign that states they will not become too attached to Gabriel?
3. What happens to Fiona's hair once Jonas and Fiona arrived at the House of Old in Chapter 12?
4. What must Gabriel must be labeled in order to be released from the community?
5. In The Matching of Spouses, which of the following is NOT considered a deciding factor?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)