1. What memory sparks a feeling of dread in Jonas at the beginning of the novel?
(a) There is a release in Jonas's family.
(b) Jonas lies to his teacher.
(c) A jet flies over the community.
(d) Jonas disobeys his parents.
2. In the beginning of the novel, it is revealed that Jonas is categorized into which age group?
3. What does it mean to be "released?"
(a) To be removed from the community.
(b) To be removed from church.
(c) To be removed from school.
(d) To be removed from sports teams.
4. What is one reason why a person is released?
(a) The person laughs too much.
(b) The person is too smart.
(c) The person is very old and can no longer contribute.
(d) The person has blue eyes.
5. What is the name of Jonas's sister?
This section contains 4,282 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)