* Jonas is in his "elevens."
* He is anticipating the "Ceremony of Twelve.
* Jonas recalls the same feeling of being frightened last year when a jet flew over the community.
* Jonas watched a single-pilot jet make a mistake and fly over the community. The pilot was released.
* Jonas is part of a family: two males and two females.
* There is Mother, Father, and sister Lily who is in her "sevens."
* The family participates in the evening meal where the ritual telling of feelings is shared.
* Jonas shares his feelings of apprehension for the "Ceremony of Twelves."
* All children age a year every December.
* The Ceremony for One is when children are named.
* Children in a family must be applied for.
* Rules cannot be broken, but some rules are routinely broken such as teaching eights how to ride bicycles.
* Father's assignment is a Nurturer.
* Father speaks of a...
This section contains 2,045 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)