• Jonas is in his "elevens."
• He is anticipating the "Ceremony of Twelve.
• Jonas recalls the same feeling of being frightened last year when a jet flew over the community.
• Jonas watched a single-pilot jet make a mistake and fly over the community. The pilot was released.
• Jonas is part of a family: two males and two females.
• There is Mother, Father, and sister Lily who is in her "sevens."
• The family participates in the evening meal where the ritual telling of feelings is shared.
• Jonas shares his feelings of apprehension for the "Ceremony of Twelves."
• All children age a year every December.
• The Ceremony for One is when children are named.
• Children in a family must be applied for.
• Rules cannot be broken, but some rules are routinely broken such as teaching eights how to ride bicycles.
• Father's assignment is a Nurturer.
• Father speaks...
This section contains 2,068 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)