Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Jonas is in his "elevens."
* He is anticipating the "Ceremony of Twelve.
* Jonas recalls the same feeling of being frightened last year when a jet flew over the community.
* Jonas watched a single-pilot jet make a mistake and fly over the community. The pilot was released.
* Jonas is part of a family: two males...
This section contains 2,301 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)