|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds arrogantly to questions and comments during the rehearsal?
2. Whose point is being argued about actors being "the abstract and brief chronicles of the times"?
3. In "The Critic", what does the specific satirize?
4. Who comments on Puff's clever use of words several times during the rehearsal?
5. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this play and detail its recurrences throughout the play. What does it add to the action of the play? How does it affect the different characters?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)