|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consists of bad poetry in Puff's play?
2. How is the exposition handled in Puff's play?
3. Which character's name signifies his tendency of dangling his connections before his friends?
4. What does the young man in the scene learn?
5. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on not doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the setting of "The Critic" significant? What would change if the play were set in a different location?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two of the following: Dangle, Sneer, Puff, and Plagiary.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)