|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Puff become upset during the rehearsal?
2. Where is Puff's play set?
3. How does Dangle respond to Puff's lament?
4. Who tells Puff that he is interrupting their feelings?
5. Who does Puff order to die repeatedly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with Shakespeare's theory about actors being "the abstract and brief chronicles of the times"? Do you agree with Puff's interpretation of the theory being applied to plays? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "The Critic" as a satire. How does it adhere to and differ from the satire? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a satire? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the play as a satire?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dangle change throughout the play? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)