|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains the complicated meaning of the old man's actions?
2. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
3. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
4. Who responds arrogantly to questions and comments during the rehearsal?
5. Who writes the play within "The Critic"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of the following: Dangle, Sneer, Puff, and Plagiary.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
How does the point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the story be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)