|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the play, what does Puff claim will happen the next day?
2. Who comments on the origin of the line that begins the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on not doing?
5. What does the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1 begin with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Richard Sheridan's occupation as a playwright affect his writing of "The Critic"? How is it ironic that he is mocking his own institution?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you think is the most important, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)