|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during the scene in which the characters talk at length about Queen Elizabeth?
2. What does Puff say will be in his play to Dangle and Sneer's approbation?
3. What does the end of the mad scene lead to?
4. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. At the end of the play, what does Puff claim will happen the next day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "The Critic" as a satire. How does it adhere to and differ from the satire? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a satire? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the play as a satire?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you think is the most important, and why?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)