|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Puff respond to the question of whether a love story has been introduced into his plot?
2. Whom does the governor's daughter fall in love with in Puff's play?
3. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
4. Who claims that Puff's play is brilliant?
5. What happens during the scene in which the characters talk at length about Queen Elizabeth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Dangle change throughout the play? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Puff's play was historically accurate?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "The Critic"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the play, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)