|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Which character's name signifies his tendency of dangling his connections before his friends?
3. What does the young man in the scene learn?
4. Who hopes that Puff's play will not contain a scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
5. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "The Critic"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the play, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are present in the play as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
How do the minor characters in the play affect the plot? How would the play be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)