|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the prompter say that Puff will find the play?
2. In "The Critic", what does the specific satirize?
3. What does Puff say the changes are affecting?
4. Who is making an argument at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "The Critic"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the play, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard Sheridan's occupation as a playwright affect his writing of "The Critic"? How is it ironic that he is mocking his own institution?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the following: Dangle, Sneer, Puff, and Plagiary.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)