|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's name signifies his attitude toward other playwrights?
2. Who writes the play within "The Critic"?
3. What does Puff say the changes are affecting?
4. What does the old man in the play do?
5. Who does not believe that the complicated meaning of the old man's actions was conveyed by his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor characters in the play affect the plot? How would the play be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 2
Is Sir Fretful Plagiary's behavior a clever ruse to stay in the public eye, or is he ignorant of the criticisms of his work? What do you think, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you think is the most important, and why?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)