Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
2. Who comments on how the under-plot had completely nothing to do with the main plot?
3. What does Puff claim is wonderful?
4. What does Puff convince Dangle and Sneer to appear to do?
5. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the play as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "The Critic"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the play, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Shakespeare's theory about actors being "the abstract and brief chronicles of the times"? Do you agree with Puff's interpretation of the theory being applied to plays? Why or why not?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)