|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Puff's play about?
2. What does the end of the mad scene lead to?
3. As Puff grows increasing upset, whom does he push?
4. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
5. Who comments that Puff's play seems contrived and artificial?
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Puff's play was historically accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "The Critic" as a satire. How does it adhere to and differ from the satire? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a satire? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the play as a satire?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)