Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
2. Who comments on how the under-plot had completely nothing to do with the main plot?
3. What does Puff claim is wonderful?
4. What does Puff convince Dangle and Sneer to appear to do?
5. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
Essay Topic 1
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard Sheridan's occupation as a playwright affect his writing of "The Critic"? How is it ironic that he is mocking his own institution?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the following: Dangle, Sneer, Puff, and Plagiary.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)