|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff plan to do regardless of what happens on stage?
2. What does the prompter tell Puff when Puff calls for the beginning of the next scene?
3. What does Puff say will be in his play to Dangle and Sneer's approbation?
4. What does Puff say that plays should not show?
5. After the scene depicting the battle at sea, what is contained in the procession that follows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Dangle change throughout the play? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How is the setting of "The Critic" significant? What would change if the play were set in a different location?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Sneer and Plagiary. How are their relationships with Dangle similar and different?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)