|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers explanations of what is going on during the rehearsal?
2. Who hopes that Puff's play will not contain a scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
3. Whom does the governor's daughter fall in love with in Puff's play?
4. What does Puff say will be in his play to Dangle and Sneer's approbation?
5. Who comments that Puff's play seems contrived and artificial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the story be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)