Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
2. Who comments on how the under-plot had completely nothing to do with the main plot?
3. What does Puff claim is wonderful?
4. What does Puff convince Dangle and Sneer to appear to do?
5. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
How is foreshadowing used in "The Critic"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the play, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
How does Richard Sheridan's occupation as a playwright affect his writing of "The Critic"? How is it ironic that he is mocking his own institution?
How is the setting of "The Critic" significant? What would change if the play were set in a different location?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)