|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is not as smart as he thinks?
2. What consists of bad poetry in Puff's play?
3. Who does not believe that the complicated meaning of the old man's actions was conveyed by his actions?
4. What does the actor playing Whiskerandos tell Puff?
5. What does the curtain reveal when it rises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in the play affect the plot? How would the play be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 3
How is the setting of "The Critic" significant? What would change if the play were set in a different location?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)