|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff claim that every tragedy has to have?
2. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer do at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Whom does Puff join in order to watch the rehearsal of his play?
4. Who does not believe that the complicated meaning of the old man's actions was conveyed by his actions?
5. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How does the point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the story be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the following: Dangle, Sneer, Puff, and Plagiary.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)