|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should the point about actors be applied to, according to Puff?
2. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
3. Who comments on the origin of the line that begins the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who tells the actors that the rehearsal was good but not quite perfect?
5. What does the curtain reveal when it rises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with Shakespeare's theory about actors being "the abstract and brief chronicles of the times"? Do you agree with Puff's interpretation of the theory being applied to plays? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this play and detail its recurrences throughout the play. What does it add to the action of the play? How does it affect the different characters?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)