|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
2. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
3. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
5. How did Puff make his living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is language defined in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
3. Describe the conversation between Dangle, Sneer, and Puff regarding Puff's play.
4. How does Plagiary react to the imaginary critique of his play?
5. What does Puff do during the rehearsal of his play?
6. What is the role of the Muses in the Prologue?
7. What does Puff use his argument as?
8. Describe Dangle's argument with his wife during breakfast.
9. What do Dangle and Sneer hope for and how does Puff reply?
10. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Which character do you think is the most important, and why?
Essay Topic 2How does Dangle change throughout the play? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3Compare and contrast two of the following: Dangle, Sneer, Puff, and Plagiary.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)