|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
2. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
3. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
4. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
5. Who praises Puff's cleverness in making a living at puffing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dangle and Sneer hope for and how does Puff reply?
2. Describe the beginning of Dangle and Sneer's conversation regarding Sneer's plays.
3. Why is the play quite short?
4. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
5. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
6. What does Puff do during the rehearsal of his play?
7. Describe the conversation between Dangle, Sneer, and Puff regarding Puff's play.
8. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
9. How do Puff and Dangle comment on the romantic complications in the play?
10. How does Plagiary react to the imaginary critique of his play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would the story be different if Puff's play was historically accurate?
Essay Topic 2
How does the point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the story be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)