|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Puff a professional at doing?
3. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
4. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
5. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Puff's conversation with the prompter at the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
2. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
3. What does Sneer say about audiences?
4. What is a satire, and who is the target of this particular satire?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does the servant tell Dangle, and how does Sneer react?
6. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
7. How are Dangle's thoughts and actions hypocritical upon Sneer's arrival?
8. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
9. How does Plagiary demonstrate hypocrisy concerning Sneer?
10. Why is the play quite short?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Sir Fretful Plagiary's behavior a clever ruse to stay in the public eye, or is he ignorant of the criticisms of his work? What do you think, and why?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)