|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
2. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
3. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
4. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
5. Of what is Plagiary scared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puff tell the actors at the end of the play?
2. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
3. How does Dangle defend himself during his argument with his wife?
4. What is the point of Dangle and Sneer's comments about Puff's play?
5. What does Puff use his argument as?
6. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
7. What is Puff a professional at?
8. What happens during the climax of the love scene between Tilburina and Whiskerandos?
9. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
10. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think each character's negative aspects and self-importance affects the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard Sheridan's occupation as a playwright affect his writing of "The Critic"? How is it ironic that he is mocking his own institution?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)