|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Plagiary scared?
2. Who enters after the musicians leave the room?
3. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
4. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
5. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dangle and Sneer react to the scene about the orphan?
2. How is language defined in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Sneer say about audiences?
4. How do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer react to the announcement of Plagiary's arrival?
5. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
6. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
7. Describe Puff's conversation with the prompter at the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
8. What does Puff do during the rehearsal of his play?
9. What hope does Sneer express concerning Puff's play?
10. What does Puff do, as he grows more upset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "The Critic"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the play, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are present in the play as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)