|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
2. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
3. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
4. How does Plagiary treat the negative comments about his work?
5. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Puff begin to feel guilty about, and how did he alleviate his guilt?
2. When Dangle comments on the next scene beginning with a line from Shakespeare's "Othello", how does Puff respond?
3. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
5. What hope does Sneer express concerning Puff's play?
6. Describe Puff's conversation with the prompter at the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
7. How does Puff react to the prompter's warning?
8. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
9. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
10. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Sneer and Plagiary. How are their relationships with Dangle similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this play and detail its recurrences throughout the play. What does it add to the action of the play? How does it affect the different characters?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)