|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
2. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
3. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
4. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
5. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puff do when he enters?
2. What does Dangle ask Puff about his play, and how does Puff respond?
3. How does Plagiary react to the imaginary critique of his play?
4. What does each of the characters (Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer) believe is the cause of the deterioration of theatre?
5. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on?
6. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
7. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
8. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
9. What do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer say when Plagiary arrives?
10. What is the point of Dangle and Sneer's comments about Puff's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the story be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are present in the play as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dangle and Sneer's friendship affect the story?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)