|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
2. Of what is Plagiary scared?
3. Who says Plagiary's play is perfect?
4. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sneer say about audiences?
2. What do Dangle and Sneer hope for and how does Puff reply?
3. What hope does Sneer express concerning Puff's play?
4. Describe Puff's conversation with the prompter at the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
5. What happens during the climax of the love scene between Tilburina and Whiskerandos?
6. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
7. What does each of the characters (Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer) believe is the cause of the deterioration of theatre?
8. What does Puff talk about at great length?
9. What is Puff a professional at?
10. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout the play to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are present in the play as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
How would the story be different if Puff's play was historically accurate?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)