|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the scene in which the characters talk at length about Queen Elizabeth?
(a) Nothing because the scene has been cut.
(b) Tilburina goes insane.
(c) A battle scene.
(d) The orphan discovers his parentage.
2. Who reassures Puff that the changes made are for the good of the play?
(b) The actors.
3. What is Puff's play about?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) The French's treachery.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
4. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
(a) To allow the actors to cut or change anything they need to.
(b) To cancel production.
(c) To change actors for better ones.
(d) To allow Dangle and Sneer to help him edit it.
5. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on not doing?
2. Who claims that two people can have the same idea but sometimes one of them just has it first?
3. Who comments on Puff's clever use of words several times during the rehearsal?
4. How does Puff react to the placement of the actor playing the River Thames and the actors playing the river's banks?
5. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)