|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that the romance in the play is improbable?
2. What does Puff clarify during the rehearsal?
(a) That he does not like Dangle.
(b) That he is a huge fan of the theatre.
(c) What is meant and what is not meant.
(d) What he thinks of Plagiary's work.
3. What does the curtain reveal when it rises?
(a) A courtroom scene.
(b) The battle at sea scene.
(c) The orphan scene.
(d) The love scene.
4. What does Puff pride himself on?
(a) His disconnected under-plot.
(b) His romantic inspiration.
(c) How well he captured the truth of life.
(d) The cleverness of his plot twists.
5. Why does Puff claim that he must have a mad scene in his play?
(a) Because it is his new invention.
(b) Because all plays have a mad scene.
(c) Because Sneer and Dangle tell him that it is necessary.
(d) He does not have a mad scene in his play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has taken advantage of Puff's offer regarding his play?
2. What consists of bad poetry in Puff's play?
3. Who comments on how the under-plot had completely nothing to do with the main plot?
4. What should the point about actors be applied to, according to Puff?
5. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)