|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that the romance in the play is improbable?
2. Who explains the complicated meaning of the old man's actions?
3. What kind of emotion is presented in Puff's play?
(a) None whatsoever.
4. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) It is a classic.
(b) It is just a coincidence.
(c) Puff changes the line.
(d) It is an important argument about theatre.
5. What does the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1 begin with?
(a) A battle at sea.
(b) The romantic climax.
(c) A line from Shakespeare's "Othello".
(d) The orphan scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims that Puff's play is brilliant?
2. Which character is not as smart as he thinks?
3. What does Puff complain about near the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does the scene contain?
5. What does the young man in the scene learn?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)