|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
(a) Explanations of how he wrote the play.
(b) No explanations are offered during Puff's play.
(c) Explanations of the play's context.
(d) Explanations of his childhood history.
2. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
(a) The actors in Puff's play rehearse.
(b) The actors quitting.
(c) They are too busy arguing to watch anything.
(d) Puff's family arriving.
3. What is Puff's play about?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The French's treachery.
(d) The Spanish Armada.
4. Which character's name signifies his tendency of dangling his connections before his friends?
5. What does Puff complain about near the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) How many cuts there have been.
(b) The length of his play.
(c) The actors' poor acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
2. Which character's name signifies his attitude toward other playwrights?
3. Who comments that Puff's play seems contrived and artificial?
4. In "The Critic", what does the specific satirize?
5. Who explains the complicated meaning of the old man's actions?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)