|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains the complicated meaning of the old man's actions?
2. What does the end of the mad scene lead to?
(a) The old man shaking his head.
(b) The appearance of Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The romantic climax.
(d) The promised sea battle.
3. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
(b) The views of critics that all plays should contain a scandal.
(d) The views of critics that all plays should contain a romance.
4. How does Puff react to the placement of the actor playing the River Thames and the actors playing the river's banks?
(a) He approves of the actors.
(b) He laughs at the comic effect.
(c) He fires the actors.
(d) He becomes frustrated.
5. How does Puff's play continue?
(a) With the old man who shakes his head.
(b) With the scene about the orphan learning about his true parentage.
(c) Puff's play ends with all of the actors quitting.
(d) With romantic complications between Tilburina and Whiskerandos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims that Puff's play is brilliant?
2. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on doing?
3. Who comments that Puff's play seems contrived and artificial?
4. Who claims that two people can have the same idea but sometimes one of them just has it first?
5. How is the exposition handled in Puff's play?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)