|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the play within "The Critic"?
2. What does Puff convince Dangle and Sneer to appear to do?
(a) Alter their opinions.
(b) Go to dinner with him.
(c) Attend the last rehearsal of his play.
(d) Go home early.
3. What does the end of the mad scene lead to?
(a) The promised sea battle.
(b) The appearance of Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The old man shaking his head.
(d) The romantic climax.
4. Why does Puff claim that he must have a mad scene in his play?
(a) He does not have a mad scene in his play.
(b) Because all plays have a mad scene.
(c) Because it is his new invention.
(d) Because Sneer and Dangle tell him that it is necessary.
5. What does Puff plan to do regardless of what happens on stage?
(a) Publish every word of his original text.
(b) Never produce another play.
(c) Hire new actors.
(d) Hold another rehearsal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prompter tell Puff when Puff calls for the beginning of the next scene?
2. What is Puff's play about?
3. Who tells Puff that he is interrupting their feelings?
4. Which character's name signifies his theft of others' ideas?
5. Who comments that the under-plot is so well formed that it could have made a tragedy all by itself?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)