|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Puff that he is interrupting their feelings?
(a) The actress playing Tilburina.
(d) The actor playing the Spanish soldier.
2. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) It is a classic.
(b) It is just a coincidence.
(c) Puff changes the line.
(d) It is an important argument about theatre.
3. What do Dangle and Sneer express a hope for after the love scene?
(a) The appearance of King Ferdinand.
(b) A suicide attempt by one of the secondary characters.
(c) The appearance of Queen Elizabeth and a battle.
(d) A battle scene in which Tilburina dies.
4. What does Puff complain about near the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) How many cuts there have been.
(c) The actors' poor acting.
(d) The length of his play.
5. What does the scene contain?
(a) Echoes and references to several such scenes in plays of the period.
(b) A scandal about Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The message that language is an obscurer of truth.
(d) A love triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Puff claim that he must have a mad scene in his play?
2. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
3. What does the old man in the play do?
4. Whom does the governor's daughter fall in love with in Puff's play?
5. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)