|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of emotion is presented in Puff's play?
(a) None whatsoever.
2. Who says that actors are always good judges?
3. What does the prompter tell Puff when Puff calls for the beginning of the next scene?
(a) The set is not ready.
(b) The scene is very long.
(d) The actors have all quit.
4. How does Puff's play continue?
(a) With the scene about the orphan learning about his true parentage.
(b) With romantic complications between Tilburina and Whiskerandos.
(c) With the old man who shakes his head.
(d) Puff's play ends with all of the actors quitting.
5. How does Puff react to the placement of the actor playing the River Thames and the actors playing the river's banks?
(a) He laughs at the comic effect.
(b) He approves of the actors.
(c) He becomes frustrated.
(d) He fires the actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the play within "The Critic"?
2. In "The Critic", what does the specific satirize?
3. Which character is not as smart as he thinks?
4. After the scene depicting the battle at sea, what is contained in the procession that follows?
5. Who comments that the under-plot is so well formed that it could have made a tragedy all by itself?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)