|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Puff say will be in his play to Dangle and Sneer's approbation?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) A love scene.
(c) An appearance by Queen Elizabeth.
(d) A fiery battle at sea.
2. What does the actor playing Whiskerandos tell Puff?
(b) That he quits.
(c) That he needs better chemistry with Tilburina.
(d) That he cannot die all night.
3. What does the scene contain?
(a) The message that language is an obscurer of truth.
(b) Echoes and references to several such scenes in plays of the period.
(c) A scandal about Queen Elizabeth.
(d) A love triangle.
4. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
(a) Showed up late to rehearsal.
(b) Shockingly altered his play.
(c) Ruined his play.
(d) Lengthened his play drastically.
5. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
2. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on doing?
3. Who offers explanations of what is going on during the rehearsal?
4. Who tells the actors that the rehearsal was good but not quite perfect?
5. Who comments on how the under-plot had completely nothing to do with the main plot?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)