|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
(a) Explanations of how he wrote the play.
(b) No explanations are offered during Puff's play.
(c) Explanations of his childhood history.
(d) Explanations of the play's context.
2. Who does Puff order to die repeatedly?
(b) The governor of the fort.
3. What does the young man in the scene learn?
(a) That he is slowly going insane.
(b) That he is actually the child of a well-born family rather than an orphan of low, criminal background.
(c) That he is in love with the daughter of the governor of the fort.
(d) That he will never survive the war.
4. What should the point about actors be applied to, according to Puff?
5. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
(a) To allow the actors to cut or change anything they need to.
(b) To cancel production.
(c) To change actors for better ones.
(d) To allow Dangle and Sneer to help him edit it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
2. Who refers to a character that refuses to give an opinion unless he is absolutely sure of the facts?
3. What directions does Puff give the actors during the rehearsal?
4. What do Dangle and Sneer express a hope for after the love scene?
5. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on not doing?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)