|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Puff convince Dangle and Sneer to appear to do?
(a) Go home early.
(b) Go to dinner with him.
(c) Alter their opinions.
(d) Attend the last rehearsal of his play.
2. Who asks for the music to begin?
3. What does the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1 begin with?
(a) The romantic climax.
(b) The orphan scene.
(c) A line from Shakespeare's "Othello".
(d) A battle at sea.
4. What do Dangle and Sneer express a hope for after the love scene?
(a) The appearance of King Ferdinand.
(b) The appearance of Queen Elizabeth and a battle.
(c) A suicide attempt by one of the secondary characters.
(d) A battle scene in which Tilburina dies.
5. What does Puff pride himself on?
(a) His romantic inspiration.
(b) His disconnected under-plot.
(c) The cleverness of his plot twists.
(d) How well he captured the truth of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains the complicated meaning of the old man's actions?
2. How does Puff respond to the question of whether a love story has been introduced into his plot?
3. Who hopes that Puff's play will not contain a scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
4. At the end of the play, what does Puff claim will happen the next day?
5. What does Puff claim that every tragedy has to have?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)