|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that two people can have the same idea but sometimes one of them just has it first?
2. Who is making an argument at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who tells the actors that the rehearsal was good but not quite perfect?
4. Whom does the governor's daughter fall in love with in Puff's play?
(a) The son of a Spanish admiral.
(c) William Raleigh.
5. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on doing?
(a) Trying to invent something new.
(b) Becoming friends with Sneer.
(c) Directing his play.
(d) Improving on long established traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that the under-plot could have made a comedy?
2. Why does Puff claim that he must have a mad scene in his play?
3. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
4. Who reassures Puff that the changes made are for the good of the play?
5. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)