|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that two people can have the same idea but sometimes one of them just has it first?
2. What is Puff's play about?
(a) The French's treachery.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The Spanish Armada.
3. Who announces that everything is ready for the rehearsal to begin?
(c) The prompter.
4. How is the exposition handled in Puff's play?
(b) There is no exposition in Puff's play.
(c) Very well.
(d) Neither badly nor brilliantly.
5. What does the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1 begin with?
(a) A battle at sea.
(b) The romantic climax.
(c) The orphan scene.
(d) A line from Shakespeare's "Othello".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
2. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on doing?
3. Who comments that Puff's play seems contrived and artificial?
4. What does Puff say that plays should not show?
5. How does Dangle respond to Puff's lament?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)