|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dangle and Sneer express a hope for after the love scene?
(a) A battle scene in which Tilburina dies.
(b) The appearance of Queen Elizabeth and a battle.
(c) A suicide attempt by one of the secondary characters.
(d) The appearance of King Ferdinand.
2. What does the actor playing Whiskerandos tell Puff?
(a) That he quits.
(b) That he needs better chemistry with Tilburina.
(d) That he cannot die all night.
3. What does the curtain reveal when it rises?
(a) The orphan scene.
(b) The battle at sea scene.
(c) A courtroom scene.
(d) The love scene.
4. How does Puff respond to the question of whether a love story has been introduced into his plot?
(a) He objects to the question because his play is about war.
(b) He did not include a love story.
(c) He says he did include a love story.
(d) There was nothing easier to do.
5. Who does Puff order to die repeatedly?
(b) The governor of the fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the exposition handled in Puff's play?
2. What does Puff convince Dangle and Sneer to appear to do?
3. When does Puff become upset during the rehearsal?
4. Who hopes that Puff's play will not contain a scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
5. Who does not believe that the complicated meaning of the old man's actions was conveyed by his actions?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)