|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
2. Who goes out to greet the new guests near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
3. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) Money from his parents.
(b) True criticism.
(c) A job from Sneer.
(d) A relationship.
4. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(d) Reading a book to their child.
5. Whom does Mrs. Dangle claim is the only critic that really matters for those working in the theatre?
(b) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
2. Of what is Plagiary scared?
3. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
4. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
5. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puff tell the actors at the end of the play?
2. According to Puff, what is the meaning of the man who appears, shakes his head, and exits in silence?
3. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
4. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
5. What is Puff a professional at?
6. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
7. What fear does Plagiary express, and how does Sneer mock him?
8. What does Puff talk about at great length?
9. How does Plagiary demonstrate hypocrisy concerning Sneer?
10. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)