|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
2. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
(a) There is not enough.
(b) There is not enough in the last act.
(c) There is too much.
(d) There is too much in the last act.
3. What does Puff express joy at in extravagant language?
(a) Meeting Sneer.
(b) Succeeding at puffing.
(c) Having his last rehearsal.
(d) Meeting Dangle.
4. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
(a) His passion for theatre.
(b) His lack of style.
(c) His womanizing.
(d) His hairpiece.
5. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
(a) That he hates it.
(b) That he used it in his fire.
(c) That he did not read it.
(d) That he loves it.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
2. Who complains that the theatre has deteriorated from a venue suitable for moral messages to a place where people go simply to be entertained?
3. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
4. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Puff react to the prompter's warning?
2. How does Sneer praise Puff near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
5. Why does Puff refuse to walk to the theatre with Dangle and Sneer?
6. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
7. Describe Puff's play in terms of the dialogue, emotion, etc.
8. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on?
9. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does the servant tell Dangle, and how does Sneer react?
10. What is Puff a professional at?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)