|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dangle claim that Plagiary is a favorite of hers?
(a) Because he is very attractive.
(b) Because everyone else abuses him.
(c) Because he is so friendly.
(d) Because he is an excellent writer.
2. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
3. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) Money from his parents.
(b) True criticism.
(c) A relationship.
(d) A job from Sneer.
4. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
5. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
2. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
4. Whom does Mrs. Dangle claim is the only critic that really matters for those working in the theatre?
5. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
2. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
3. What does Puff do, as he grows more upset?
4. How do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer react to the announcement of Plagiary's arrival?
5. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
6. Describe the beginning of Dangle and Sneer's conversation regarding Sneer's plays.
7. What does Dangle say about each of Sneer's plays, and how does Sneer respond?
8. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
10. How does Plagiary demonstrate hypocrisy concerning Sneer?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)