|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
(a) That Plagiary is a very good writer.
(b) That Plagiary should stop writing.
(c) That Plagiary is completely uninventive.
(d) That Plagiary should be paid more.
2. Whose language obscures who he truly is?
3. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
4. Who goes out to greet the new guests near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
5. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
2. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
3. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
4. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
5. What is the driving force of this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
2. What hope does Sneer express concerning Puff's play?
3. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
4. How does Puff describe the under-plot of his play?
5. What does Dangle ask Puff about his play, and how does Puff respond?
6. Describe the conversation between Dangle, Sneer, and Puff regarding Puff's play.
7. How does Sneer praise Puff near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
9. What fear does Plagiary express, and how does Sneer mock him?
10. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)