|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dangle's only interest?
(a) His wife.
2. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Reading a book to their child.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
3. When does the Servant announce Puff's arrival?
(a) Before the musicians start playing.
(b) When Dangle enters the room.
(c) As Puff enters the room.
(d) After the musicians finish playing.
4. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
(a) The chauffeur.
(b) A servant.
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
5. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
(a) That Sneer wants to produce it.
(b) How wonderful it was.
(c) That Plagiary should write a sequel.
(d) How awful it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play is Sheridan's "The Critic"?
2. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
3. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
4. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
5. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Plagiary demonstrate hypocrisy concerning Sneer?
2. What do Dangle and Sneer hope for and how does Puff reply?
3. What does Puff talk about at great length?
4. What do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary argue about?
5. When Dangle comments on the next scene beginning with a line from Shakespeare's "Othello", how does Puff respond?
6. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
7. What does Dangle ask Plagiary about his play, and how does Plagiary respond?
8. Describe Puff's play in terms of the dialogue, emotion, etc.
9. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
10. Why does Puff refuse to walk to the theatre with Dangle and Sneer?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)