|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
2. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he is so desperate to be popular.
(c) Because he will lose his pension otherwise.
(d) Plagiary would not rather be abused than not mentioned at all.
3. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
(b) The musicians.
4. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
5. When does the Servant announce Puff's arrival?
(a) Before the musicians start playing.
(b) After the musicians finish playing.
(c) As Puff enters the room.
(d) When Dangle enters the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters after the musicians leave the room?
2. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
3. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
4. Who asks to accompany Dangle to Puff's rehearsal?
5. What does Puff express joy at in extravagant language?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
2. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
3. How do Dangle and Sneer react to the scene about the orphan?
4. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
5. What do Dangle and Sneer hope for and how does Puff reply?
6. Why is the play quite short?
7. What is the point of Dangle and Sneer's comments about Puff's play?
8. How does Dangle defend himself during his argument with his wife?
9. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
10. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)