|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary say angers him?
(a) The belief that negative criticism upsets him.
(b) Dangle pretending to be his friend.
(c) The critic's negative review.
2. Who praises Puff's cleverness in making a living at puffing?
3. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
4. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
5. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Puff agree to let attend his rehearsal?
2. Whose language obscures who he truly is?
3. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
4. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
5. How did Puff make his living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer say when Plagiary arrives?
2. How does Plagiary demonstrate hypocrisy concerning Sneer?
3. What does Dangle say about the romance in Puff's play, and how does Puff respond?
4. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
5. What does Dangle ask Plagiary about his play, and how does Plagiary respond?
6. What does Puff talk about at great length?
7. How is language defined in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on?
9. Describe the beginning of Dangle and Sneer's conversation regarding Sneer's plays.
10. What does Dangle ask Puff about his play, and how does Puff respond?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)