|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
(a) He accepts the offer.
(b) He refuses the offer because he does not trust it.
(c) He does not intend to send his play to producers.
(d) He says he has already sent it out.
2. What is Dangle's only interest?
(b) His wife.
3. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) That they want to support him financially.
(b) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(c) She does not tell them anything.
(d) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
4. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
(a) He made a lot of money.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He lost money.
(d) He never pleaded for charity.
5. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To make a lot of money.
(b) To reunite with his parents.
(c) To create a new art form.
(d) To challenge and change the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
2. What is language defined as in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
4. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
5. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dangle comments on the next scene beginning with a line from Shakespeare's "Othello", how does Puff respond?
2. What did Puff begin to feel guilty about, and how did he alleviate his guilt?
3. What does Puff do during the rehearsal of his play?
4. What happens during the climax of the love scene between Tilburina and Whiskerandos?
5. What does Puff do, as he grows more upset?
6. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
7. When the curtain rises in Act 3, Scene 1, what is revealed and what does Puff say?
8. Describe the conversation between Dangle, Sneer, and Puff regarding Puff's play.
9. How do Dangle and Sneer react to the scene about the orphan?
10. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)