|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(c) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
2. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
3. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
4. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
5. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
(a) Sneer's family life.
(b) Puff's profession.
(c) The theatre.
(d) Puff's last rehearsal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
2. Where does Puff agree to meet Dangle and Sneer?
3. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
2. When Dangle comments on the next scene beginning with a line from Shakespeare's "Othello", how does Puff respond?
3. What does Puff use his argument as?
4. What is the point of Dangle and Sneer's comments about Puff's play?
5. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
6. Describe Dangle's argument with his wife during breakfast.
7. How do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer react to the announcement of Plagiary's arrival?
8. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
9. What does Puff do during the rehearsal of his play?
10. Describe the conversation between Dangle, Sneer, and Puff regarding Puff's play.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)