|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for Sneer and Dangle's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
2. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
4. Who complains that the theatre has deteriorated from a venue suitable for moral messages to a place where people go simply to be entertained?
(b) Sneer and Mrs. Dangle.
5. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) She does not tell them anything.
(b) That they want to support him financially.
(c) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
(d) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
2. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
3. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
4. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
5. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dangle ask Puff about his play, and how does Puff respond?
2. How do Puff and Dangle comment on the romantic complications in the play?
3. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
4. How are Dangle's thoughts and actions hypocritical upon Sneer's arrival?
5. What is Puff a professional at?
6. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
7. What does Puff tell the actors at the end of the play?
8. What does Puff talk about at great length?
9. How does Dangle defend himself during his argument with his wife?
10. How does Puff react to the prompter's warning?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)