Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
(a) It is fun to watch.
(b) It is important because it reveals the values of the time and its people.
(c) It is important because it shows real life.
(d) It is tiresome and exhausting.
2. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
3. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
4. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
(a) That he used it in his fire.
(b) That he hates it.
(c) That he did not read it.
(d) That he loves it.
5. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(b) A group of Italian musicians and an Interpreter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
2. Whom does Mrs. Dangle say laughs at her husband behind his back?
3. How did Puff make his living?
4. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
5. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
Short Essay Questions
1. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
2. What does Puff argue for in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Plagiary demonstrate hypocrisy concerning Sneer?
4. When Dangle comments on the next scene beginning with a line from Shakespeare's "Othello", how does Puff respond?
5. What do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary argue about?
6. What does Puff use his argument as?
7. What is a satire, and who is the target of this particular satire?
8. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
9. What does Dangle say about the romance in Puff's play, and how does Puff respond?
10. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)