|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
2. What type of play is Sheridan's "The Critic"?
3. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
(a) There is not enough.
(b) There is not enough in the last act.
(c) There is too much in the last act.
(d) There is too much.
4. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
5. Who asks for Sneer and Dangle's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
2. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
3. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
4. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
2. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
3. What do Dangle, Sneer, and Plagiary discuss in terms of the incidents in Plagiary's play?
4. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
6. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
7. According to Puff, what is the meaning of the man who appears, shakes his head, and exits in silence?
8. What does Puff do, as he grows more upset?
9. What does Puff argue for in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Describe Dangle's argument with his wife during breakfast.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)