|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dangle claim that Plagiary is a favorite of hers?
(a) Because he is an excellent writer.
(b) Because everyone else abuses him.
(c) Because he is so friendly.
(d) Because he is very attractive.
2. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
(a) Lies about liking his play.
(b) Steals his work.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Points out his play's flaws.
3. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
(a) The theatre.
(b) Puff's profession.
(c) Puff's last rehearsal.
(d) Sneer's family life.
4. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) Sneer and Dangle.
5. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
(a) How much he dislikes Sneer.
(b) He does not speak about Sneer in an aside.
(c) How he is related to Sneer.
(d) How rich Sneer is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes out to greet the new guests near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
2. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
3. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
4. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
5. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
2. What is Puff a professional at?
3. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
4. What does each of the characters (Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer) believe is the cause of the deterioration of theatre?
5. How is language defined in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. Describe the beginning of Dangle and Sneer's conversation regarding Sneer's plays.
7. What does Puff talk about at great length?
8. How does Sneer praise Puff near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What hope does Sneer express concerning Puff's play?
10. How do Dangle and Sneer react to the scene about the orphan?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)