|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
2. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) A servant.
(d) The chauffeur.
3. When Mrs. Dangle claims that Plagiary's play is a little long, how does Plagiary respond?
(a) He claims that it is actually short.
(b) He completely ignores her.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He storms out of the room.
4. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
(a) How wonderful it was.
(b) That Plagiary should write a sequel.
(c) How awful it is.
(d) That Sneer wants to produce it.
5. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
2. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. Who refers to a nasty notice about Plagiary's play in an earlier newspaper?
4. Whose language obscures who he truly is?
5. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer react to the announcement of Plagiary's arrival?
2. What does Dangle ask Plagiary about his play, and how does Plagiary respond?
3. Why does Puff refuse to walk to the theatre with Dangle and Sneer?
4. What happens during the climax of the love scene between Tilburina and Whiskerandos?
5. According to Puff, what is the meaning of the man who appears, shakes his head, and exits in silence?
6. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
7. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
8. What do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer say when Plagiary arrives?
9. What does Puff talk about at great length?
10. Describe Dangle's argument with his wife during breakfast.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)