|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary say angers him?
(a) The belief that negative criticism upsets him.
(c) Dangle pretending to be his friend.
(d) The critic's negative review.
2. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
3. Who worries that they have been too hard on Plagiary?
4. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To create a new art form.
(b) To reunite with his parents.
(c) To make a lot of money.
(d) To challenge and change the law.
5. Who goes out to greet the new guests near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
2. How did Puff's former way of making his living cause him to feel?
3. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
4. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the climax of the love scene between Tilburina and Whiskerandos?
2. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Puff do during the rehearsal of his play?
4. How does Puff describe the under-plot of his play?
5. Describe the scene that is first enacted in Act 3, Scene 1.
6. What do Sneer and Dangle tell Plagiary about an imaginary critique of his play?
7. What is the point of Dangle and Sneer's comments about Puff's play?
8. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
9. What do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary argue about?
10. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)