|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
(a) His passion for theatre.
(b) His lack of style.
(c) His womanizing.
(d) His hairpiece.
2. What does Sneer tell Puff is the only thing that could make him respect Puff more?
(a) Being loaned an exorbitant amount of money.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Being hired as an actor in his new play.
(d) Being allowed to attend the rehearsal of his new play.
3. Why does Mrs. Dangle claim that Plagiary is a favorite of hers?
(a) Because he is an excellent writer.
(b) Because he is very attractive.
(c) Because everyone else abuses him.
(d) Because he is so friendly.
4. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
5. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
(a) He never pleaded for charity.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He lost money.
(d) He made a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
2. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
3. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
4. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
5. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
2. How are Dangle's thoughts and actions hypocritical upon Sneer's arrival?
3. Describe Puff's conversation with the prompter at the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
4. Why does Puff refuse to walk to the theatre with Dangle and Sneer?
5. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
6. How is language defined in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
8. When the prompter announces the beginning of the rehearsal, what does he warn Puff about?
9. How does Puff react to the prompter's warning?
10. What do Dangle, Sneer, and Plagiary discuss in terms of the incidents in Plagiary's play?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)