|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
(a) Steals his work.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Points out his play's flaws.
(d) Lies about liking his play.
2. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
(a) He made a lot of money.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He never pleaded for charity.
(d) He lost money.
3. Who enters after the musicians leave the room?
4. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
(a) Believing praise.
(b) Writing about one's life.
(c) Accepting invitations.
(d) Being upset by negativity.
5. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Puff object to Sneer's request at first?
2. Who suggests that the musicians should just do what they came for and play their music?
3. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
4. Who worries that they have been too hard on Plagiary?
5. Who says Plagiary's play is perfect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puff argue for in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What two opinions does Mrs. Dangle give of Plagiary's play?
3. How does Puff react to the prompter's warning?
4. What is the point of Dangle and Sneer's comments about Puff's play?
5. How do Dangle and Sneer react to the scene about the orphan?
6. Why is the play quite short?
7. What fear does Plagiary express, and how does Sneer mock him?
8. How do Dangle, Mrs. Dangle, and Sneer react to the announcement of Plagiary's arrival?
9. When the curtain rises in Act 3, Scene 1, what is revealed and what does Puff say?
10. Describe Dangle's argument with his wife during breakfast.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)