|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
(a) There is too much.
(b) There is not enough in the last act.
(c) There is not enough.
(d) There is too much in the last act.
2. Who refers to a nasty notice about Plagiary's play in an earlier newspaper?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
3. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
(b) Sneer and Dangle.
4. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
5. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who praises Puff's cleverness in making a living at puffing?
2. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
3. Of what is Plagiary scared?
4. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does the servant tell Dangle, and how does Sneer react?
2. What did Puff begin to feel guilty about, and how did he alleviate his guilt?
3. How does Sneer praise Puff near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Dangle ask Plagiary about his play, and how does Plagiary respond?
5. What happens during the climax of the love scene between Tilburina and Whiskerandos?
6. What does Dangle say about the romance in Puff's play, and how does Puff respond?
7. What fear does Plagiary express, and how does Sneer mock him?
8. How does Puff respond to Dangle and Sneer's questions and comments?
9. How does Plagiary react to the imaginary critique of his play?
10. Why does Puff become frustrated by the River Thames' appearance?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)