|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
2. What is Puff a professional at doing?
(a) Writing plays.
(b) Improving the words and writings of others.
(d) Acting in tragedies.
3. What does Puff express joy at in extravagant language?
(a) Meeting Sneer.
(b) Meeting Dangle.
(c) Having his last rehearsal.
(d) Succeeding at puffing.
4. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
(a) How rich Sneer is.
(b) How much he dislikes Sneer.
(c) How he is related to Sneer.
(d) He does not speak about Sneer in an aside.
5. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(b) Sneer and Dangle.
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the driving force of this play?
2. What is Dangle's only interest?
3. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
4. How did Puff make his living?
5. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puff use his argument as?
2. Why does Puff refuse to walk to the theatre with Dangle and Sneer?
3. What does Dangle ask Plagiary about his play, and how does Plagiary respond?
4. How does Plagiary react to the imaginary critique of his play?
5. How does Puff describe the love story in his play?
6. Describe Dangle's argument with his wife during breakfast.
7. How do Puff and Dangle comment on the romantic complications in the play?
8. What fear does Plagiary express, and how does Sneer mock him?
9. During and after the scene about the orphan, what does Puff say about this scene?
10. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)