|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
2. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Rent an apartment.
(b) Collaborate on a play.
(c) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(d) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
4. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Because he thinks it is a bad suggestion.
(b) Because he has puffing to do.
(c) Puff agrees to Dangle's suggestion.
(d) Because he needs to go home for dinner.
5. When does the Servant announce Puff's arrival?
(a) Before the musicians start playing.
(b) When Dangle enters the room.
(c) After the musicians finish playing.
(d) As Puff enters the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
2. Whom does Mrs. Dangle claim is the only critic that really matters for those working in the theatre?
3. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
4. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
5. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dangle ask for Dangle and Sneer's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Dangle ask Plagiary about his play, and how does Plagiary respond?
3. What do Dangle, Sneer, and Plagiary discuss in terms of the incidents in Plagiary's play?
4. What does Sneer say about audiences?
5. What happens directly after Puff arrives?
6. What does Puff have to be assured of constantly during the rehearsal?
7. How are Dangle's thoughts and actions hypocritical upon Sneer's arrival?
8. What do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary argue about?
9. What does Puff do during Tilburina's mad scene?
10. According to Puff, what is the meaning of the man who appears, shakes his head, and exits in silence?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)