|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the prompter say that Puff will find the play?
(a) Extremely long.
(b) Quite long.
(c) Quite short.
(d) Extremely short.
2. Who announces that everything is ready for the rehearsal to begin?
(c) The prompter.
3. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
4. Who comments that the under-plot is so well formed that it could have made a tragedy all by itself?
5. Who does Puff order to die repeatedly?
(c) The governor of the fort.
6. Who comments on the origin of the line that begins the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
(c) The views of critics that all plays should contain a romance.
(d) The views of critics that all plays should contain a scandal.
8. Who suggests that the romance in the play is improbable?
9. What does the scene contain?
(a) A scandal about Queen Elizabeth.
(b) The message that language is an obscurer of truth.
(c) Echoes and references to several such scenes in plays of the period.
(d) A love triangle.
10. Who comments on Puff's clever use of words several times during the rehearsal?
11. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
(a) Lengthened his play drastically.
(b) Showed up late to rehearsal.
(c) Shockingly altered his play.
(d) Ruined his play.
12. What does Puff say the changes are affecting?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His writing.
(c) His sleep.
(d) His appetite.
13. Who reassures Puff that the changes made are for the good of the play?
(b) The actors.
14. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer do at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are not present at the beginning of this scene.
(c) Look for one another.
(d) Take their seats.
15. Who has a mad scene in Puff's play?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on doing?
2. After the scene depicting the battle at sea, what is contained in the procession that follows?
3. What does the actor playing Whiskerandos tell Puff?
4. What offer does Puff make regarding the play?
5. Who exclaims over the changes in Puff's play?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)