|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces that everything is ready for the rehearsal to begin?
(a) The prompter.
2. Which character is not a playwright?
3. How does Dangle respond to Puff's lament?
(a) He says it is a pity.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) He walks out of the theatre.
(d) He refuses to heed Puff.
4. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
(a) The actors quitting.
(b) They are too busy arguing to watch anything.
(c) Puff's family arriving.
(d) The actors in Puff's play rehearse.
5. Who tells Puff that he is interrupting their feelings?
(b) The actress playing Tilburina.
(d) The actor playing the Spanish soldier.
6. As Puff grows increasing upset, whom does he push?
(c) A secondary character.
(d) The actress playing Tilburina.
7. What should the point about actors be applied to, according to Puff?
8. What does the prompter tell Puff when Puff calls for the beginning of the next scene?
(a) The set is not ready.
(b) The actors have all quit.
(d) The scene is very long.
9. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
(a) No explanations are offered during Puff's play.
(b) Explanations of how he wrote the play.
(c) Explanations of his childhood history.
(d) Explanations of the play's context.
10. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
(b) The views of critics that all plays should contain a scandal.
(c) The views of critics that all plays should contain a romance.
11. Who claims that two people can have the same idea but sometimes one of them just has it first?
12. What does the old man in the play do?
(a) Explain that the country will never win the war though they are just.
(b) Shake his head and exit the stage in silence.
(c) Laughs at Puff.
(d) Claims that the country will never win the war because they are not just.
13. After the scene depicting the battle at sea, what is contained in the procession that follows?
(a) Dead soldiers.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) All of the English rivers.
(d) The Spanish soldiers.
14. What does Puff say will be in his play to Dangle and Sneer's approbation?
(a) A love scene.
(b) An appearance by Queen Elizabeth.
(c) A fiery battle at sea.
(d) None of these is correct.
15. Where is Puff's play set?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Spain.
(c) In Iceland.
(d) At Tilbury Fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reassures Puff that the changes made are for the good of the play?
2. Why does Puff claim that he must have a mad scene in his play?
3. What does Puff complain that the actors have done?
4. Who comments on Puff's clever use of words several times during the rehearsal?
5. What does the young man in the scene learn?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)