|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comments on the origin of the line that begins the second scene in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
(a) The fact that she is dead during the play's action.
(b) The fact that she speaks from offstage.
(c) The fact that she is frequently spoken about.
(d) Queen Elizabeth is in the play.
3. Whom does the governor's daughter fall in love with in Puff's play?
(a) William Raleigh.
(d) The son of a Spanish admiral.
4. Who has taken advantage of Puff's offer regarding his play?
(c) The actors.
5. Which character's name signifies his theft of others' ideas?
6. Who asks if the scene revealed is the setting for the under-plot?
7. Who comments that the under-plot is so well formed that it could have made a tragedy all by itself?
8. Who is making an argument at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What directions does Puff give the actors during the rehearsal?
(a) When to speak and when to die.
(b) Where to move and how to speak.
(c) When to quit.
(d) To turn left or right.
10. Which character is not as smart as he thinks?
(b) All answers are correct.
11. After the scene depicting the battle at sea, what is contained in the procession that follows?
(a) The Spanish soldiers.
(b) All of the English rivers.
(c) Dead soldiers.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
12. Who says that actors are always good judges?
13. As Puff grows increasing upset, whom does he push?
(c) The actress playing Tilburina.
(d) A secondary character.
14. Whose point is being argued about actors being "the abstract and brief chronicles of the times"?
15. Who exclaims over the changes in Puff's play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reassures Puff that the changes made are for the good of the play?
2. Who announces that everything is ready for the rehearsal to begin?
3. Who claims that two people can have the same idea but sometimes one of them just has it first?
4. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. How does Puff react to the placement of the actor playing the River Thames and the actors playing the river's banks?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)