|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Puff claim is wonderful?
(a) The acting during the rehearsal.
(b) The revised play.
(c) Dangle and Sneer's attendance at the rehearsal.
(d) His original piece of writing.
2. After the scene depicting the battle at sea, what is contained in the procession that follows?
(a) All of the English rivers.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Dead soldiers.
(d) The Spanish soldiers.
3. What does Puff claim that every tragedy has to have?
(a) A secondary plot with as little connection to the main plot as possible.
(b) A suicide attempt by the female lead.
(c) An appearance from the current monarch.
(d) An affair between the male lead and someone other than the female lead.
4. Whom does Puff join in order to watch the rehearsal of his play?
(a) Plagiary and Puff.
(b) Sneer and Puff.
(c) Dangle and Puff.
(d) Dangle and Sneer.
5. Who asks if Puff has introduced a love story into his plot?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
6. Who exclaims over the changes in Puff's play?
7. Who has a mad scene in Puff's play?
8. Who is making an argument at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What does Puff complain about near the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The actors' poor acting.
(c) The length of his play.
(d) How many cuts there have been.
10. Who claims that Puff's play is brilliant?
11. What does the old man in the play do?
(a) Explain that the country will never win the war though they are just.
(b) Laughs at Puff.
(c) Shake his head and exit the stage in silence.
(d) Claims that the country will never win the war because they are not just.
12. What consists of bad poetry in Puff's play?
(a) The narration.
(b) The dialogue.
(c) The soliloquies.
(d) The songs.
13. What kind of emotion is presented in Puff's play?
(a) None whatsoever.
14. How does Puff's play continue?
(a) With romantic complications between Tilburina and Whiskerandos.
(b) Puff's play ends with all of the actors quitting.
(c) With the old man who shakes his head.
(d) With the scene about the orphan learning about his true parentage.
15. What does Puff say will be in his play to Dangle and Sneer's approbation?
(a) A love scene.
(b) A fiery battle at sea.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) An appearance by Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's name signifies his theft of others' ideas?
2. Who tells the actors that the rehearsal was good but not quite perfect?
3. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
4. Who asks for the music to begin?
5. At the end of the play, what does Puff claim will happen the next day?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)