|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
2. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
3. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
4. Whom does Mrs. Dangle say laughs at her husband behind his back?
(c) Everyone that they know.
(d) Theatre people and non-theatre people alike.
5. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
(a) That Plagiary should stop writing.
(b) That Plagiary is a very good writer.
(c) That Plagiary is completely uninventive.
(d) That Plagiary should be paid more.
6. Whose language obscures who he truly is?
7. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
(d) Mrs. Dangle.
8. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
9. Who praises Puff's cleverness in making a living at puffing?
10. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) That they want to support him financially.
(b) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(c) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
(d) She does not tell them anything.
11. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(d) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
12. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Steals his work.
(c) Points out his play's flaws.
(d) Lies about liking his play.
13. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
(a) That he used it in his fire.
(b) That he did not read it.
(c) That he loves it.
(d) That he hates it.
14. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who they know.
(b) Producers who need money.
(c) Producers who write plays themselves.
(d) Producers who make too much money.
15. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) Money from his parents.
(b) True criticism.
(c) A relationship.
(d) A job from Sneer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
2. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
4. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)