|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
(a) That he used it in his fire.
(b) That he hates it.
(c) That he did not read it.
(d) That he loves it.
2. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
(a) How much he dislikes Sneer.
(b) He does not speak about Sneer in an aside.
(c) How he is related to Sneer.
(d) How rich Sneer is.
3. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
(a) Believing praise.
(b) Being upset by negativity.
(c) Accepting invitations.
(d) Writing about one's life.
4. When Puff changes his way of making a living, what does he turn to?
(a) His talents for word usage and manipulation.
(b) His training as a chef.
(c) His training as a carriage driver.
(d) His talents in acting and theatrics.
5. What is Dangle's only interest?
(c) His wife.
6. What is the driving force of this play?
(a) The love between a man and a woman.
(b) The frustrations of an uninspired playwright.
(c) The friendship between two married couples.
(d) Pretensions of people who think they know more than they do.
7. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
(d) None of the answers is correct.
8. Whose language obscures who he truly is?
9. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Reading a book to their child.
10. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
11. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
(a) The theatre.
(b) Puff's last rehearsal.
(c) Puff's profession.
(d) Sneer's family life.
12. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(b) Collaborate on a play.
(c) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(d) Rent an apartment.
13. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
(a) That Sneer is a horrible writer.
(b) That they are best friends.
(c) That he dislikes Sneer's company.
(d) That Sneer is his brother.
14. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) A servant.
(d) The chauffeur.
15. What is Puff a professional at doing?
(a) Writing plays.
(b) Acting in tragedies.
(c) Improving the words and writings of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
2. Why does Mrs. Dangle claim that Plagiary is a favorite of hers?
3. What does Puff list examples of?
4. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
5. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)