|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
(a) A historical romance.
(b) A satire.
(c) A Shakespearean classic.
(d) A sentimental romance.
2. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
4. What does Sneer tell Puff is the only thing that could make him respect Puff more?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Being loaned an exorbitant amount of money.
(c) Being allowed to attend the rehearsal of his new play.
(d) Being hired as an actor in his new play.
5. When Puff changes his way of making a living, what does he turn to?
(a) His training as a chef.
(b) His talents for word usage and manipulation.
(c) His talents in acting and theatrics.
(d) His training as a carriage driver.
6. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
(a) There is not enough in the last act.
(b) There is not enough.
(c) There is too much.
(d) There is too much in the last act.
7. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) Sneer and Dangle.
8. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
(a) To be funny.
(b) To prevent an argument.
(c) To anger Sneer.
(d) Because it is true.
9. When Mrs. Dangle claims that Plagiary's play is a little long, how does Plagiary respond?
(a) He claims that it is actually short.
(b) He completely ignores her.
(c) He storms out of the room.
(d) He agrees with her.
10. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
11. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(a) The desire to please artistic critics.
(d) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
12. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) True criticism.
(b) A relationship.
(c) Money from his parents.
(d) A job from Sneer.
13. Who worries that they have been too hard on Plagiary?
14. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
15. What is Dangle's only interest?
(a) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
2. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
3. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
4. Where does Puff agree to meet Dangle and Sneer?
5. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)