|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
(a) There is not enough.
(b) There is not enough in the last act.
(c) There is too much.
(d) There is too much in the last act.
2. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Rent an apartment.
(b) Collaborate on a play.
(c) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(d) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
3. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
(a) He lost money.
(b) He made a lot of money.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He never pleaded for charity.
4. Where does Puff agree to meet Dangle and Sneer?
(a) At Sneer's house.
(b) At Dangle's house.
(c) At the corner between Dangle's house and the theatre.
(d) At the theatre.
5. What is Dangle's only interest?
(b) His wife.
6. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
(b) A servant.
(d) The chauffeur.
7. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
8. Whom does Mrs. Dangle claim is the only critic that really matters for those working in the theatre?
(d) The public.
9. How did Puff's former way of making his living cause him to feel?
10. What is language defined as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A powerful obscurer of truth.
(c) The indisputable truth.
(d) A means to secure friendship.
11. Of what is Plagiary scared?
(a) People stealing his ideas.
(b) People laughing at his work.
(c) People thinking that he is a good writer.
(d) People hating him.
12. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
13. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
14. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
15. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
(a) In the street.
(b) In Plagiary's house.
(c) In Dangle's house.
(d) In the theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Servant announce Puff's arrival?
2. Who asks for Sneer and Dangle's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
4. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
5. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)