|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
(a) That he loves it.
(b) That he did not read it.
(c) That he hates it.
(d) That he used it in his fire.
2. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
3. What does Puff list examples of?
(a) The different ways in which puffing is used.
(b) The plays that he has written.
(c) The writers that are not good.
(d) The friends he has.
4. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
5. Who tells Plagiary that his play seems to lack incident?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
6. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
(a) That they are best friends.
(b) That he dislikes Sneer's company.
(c) That Sneer is his brother.
(d) That Sneer is a horrible writer.
7. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who make too much money.
(b) Producers who write plays themselves.
(c) Producers who need money.
(d) Producers who they know.
8. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(b) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
9. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
(a) The Muses'.
(b) The Vestal Virgins'.
10. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
(a) He never pleaded for charity.
(b) He made a lot of money.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He lost money.
11. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
(a) How much they hate his play.
(b) How tired they are.
(c) How much they want to see Puff's new play.
(d) How much they like his play.
12. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) A servant.
(d) The chauffeur.
13. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
(a) The true modesty of nuns.
(b) The false modesty of prostitutes.
(c) The false modesty of police officers.
(d) The false modesty of teachers.
14. When Mrs. Dangle claims that Plagiary's play is a little long, how does Plagiary respond?
(a) He completely ignores her.
(b) He claims that it is actually short.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He storms out of the room.
15. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Reading a book to their child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dangle's only interest?
2. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
3. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
4. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
5. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)