|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to a nasty notice about Plagiary's play in an earlier newspaper?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
2. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
3. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
4. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
(a) The Muses'.
(b) The Vestal Virgins'.
5. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
6. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
(a) How tired they are.
(b) How much they hate his play.
(c) How much they like his play.
(d) How much they want to see Puff's new play.
7. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
(a) To prevent an argument.
(b) To anger Sneer.
(c) Because it is true.
(d) To be funny.
8. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
(a) That Plagiary is completely uninventive.
(b) That Plagiary should stop writing.
(c) That Plagiary is a very good writer.
(d) That Plagiary should be paid more.
9. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Because he thinks it is a bad suggestion.
(b) Because he has puffing to do.
(c) Puff agrees to Dangle's suggestion.
(d) Because he needs to go home for dinner.
10. Whom does Puff agree to let attend his rehearsal?
11. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he will lose his pension otherwise.
(c) Plagiary would not rather be abused than not mentioned at all.
(d) Because he is so desperate to be popular.
12. When Mrs. Dangle claims that Plagiary's play is a little long, how does Plagiary respond?
(a) He completely ignores her.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He claims that it is actually short.
(d) He storms out of the room.
13. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(d) Reading a book to their child.
14. What is Puff a professional at doing?
(a) Improving the words and writings of others.
(b) Writing plays.
(c) Acting in tragedies.
15. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
(a) That he is not being taken advantage of.
(b) That he is not able to do anything anyway.
(c) That he volunteered.
(d) That he enjoys being in the middle of things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
2. Who suggests that the musicians should just do what they came for and play their music?
3. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
4. Who praises Puff's cleverness in making a living at puffing?
5. What is language defined as in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)