|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
2. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
(a) Puff's last rehearsal.
(b) Sneer's family life.
(c) Puff's profession.
(d) The theatre.
4. Whom does Mrs. Dangle say laughs at her husband behind his back?
(c) Theatre people and non-theatre people alike.
(d) Everyone that they know.
5. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To reunite with his parents.
(b) To create a new art form.
(c) To challenge and change the law.
(d) To make a lot of money.
6. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
(a) It is fun to watch.
(b) It is tiresome and exhausting.
(c) It is important because it shows real life.
(d) It is important because it reveals the values of the time and its people.
7. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
8. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who need money.
(b) Producers who write plays themselves.
(c) Producers who make too much money.
(d) Producers who they know.
9. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
(a) The false modesty of police officers.
(b) The false modesty of teachers.
(c) The true modesty of nuns.
(d) The false modesty of prostitutes.
10. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
(a) That he is not able to do anything anyway.
(b) That he is not being taken advantage of.
(c) That he enjoys being in the middle of things.
(d) That he volunteered.
11. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) Sneer and Dangle.
12. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
13. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(b) Rent an apartment.
(c) Collaborate on a play.
(d) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
14. Who complains that the theatre has deteriorated from a venue suitable for moral messages to a place where people go simply to be entertained?
(b) Sneer and Mrs. Dangle.
15. What is Puff a professional at doing?
(a) Writing plays.
(b) Improving the words and writings of others.
(d) Acting in tragedies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Plagiary's play is perfect?
2. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
3. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
4. Why does Puff object to Sneer's request at first?
5. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)