|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
2. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To reunite with his parents.
(b) To make a lot of money.
(c) To challenge and change the law.
(d) To create a new art form.
3. Of what is Plagiary scared?
(a) People stealing his ideas.
(b) People hating him.
(c) People laughing at his work.
(d) People thinking that he is a good writer.
4. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(a) Sneer and Dangle.
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
5. Who suggests that the musicians should just do what they came for and play their music?
6. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
7. What happened when Puff pleaded for charity?
(a) He never pleaded for charity.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He made a lot of money.
(d) He lost money.
8. Who complains that the theatre has deteriorated from a venue suitable for moral messages to a place where people go simply to be entertained?
(d) Sneer and Mrs. Dangle.
9. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Reading a book to their child.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
10. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) Money from his parents.
(b) A relationship.
(c) A job from Sneer.
(d) True criticism.
11. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
12. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
(b) The musicians.
13. Why does Puff object to Sneer's request at first?
(a) He is not producing a play.
(b) He does not want to be known as the author.
(c) He never objects to Sneer's request.
(d) He does not like Sneer.
14. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) That they want to support him financially.
(b) She does not tell them anything.
(c) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(d) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
15. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
(a) He does not speak about Sneer in an aside.
(b) How much he dislikes Sneer.
(c) How rich Sneer is.
(d) How he is related to Sneer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
2. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
3. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
4. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
5. Who suggests that all three men walk to the theatre together?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)