|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
2. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
(b) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(c) That they want to support him financially.
(d) She does not tell them anything.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
(a) In the street.
(b) In Dangle's house.
(c) In Plagiary's house.
(d) In the theatre.
4. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
5. Who worries that they have been too hard on Plagiary?
6. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
7. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
8. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
(a) He says he has already sent it out.
(b) He accepts the offer.
(c) He refuses the offer because he does not trust it.
(d) He does not intend to send his play to producers.
9. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
(a) That he volunteered.
(b) That he is not being taken advantage of.
(c) That he enjoys being in the middle of things.
(d) That he is not able to do anything anyway.
10. How does Plagiary treat the negative comments about his work?
(a) He starts crying.
(b) He decides never to write again.
(c) Very seriously.
(d) As a joke.
11. Whom does Mrs. Dangle claim is the only critic that really matters for those working in the theatre?
(d) The public.
12. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Reading a book to their child.
(d) Eating dinner.
13. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) To say that he is hungry.
(b) To say that she is wrong.
(c) To ask for some tea.
(d) To remind her that the children are calling her.
14. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
15. Why does Puff object to Sneer's request at first?
(a) He is not producing a play.
(b) He never objects to Sneer's request.
(c) He does not want to be known as the author.
(d) He does not like Sneer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains that the theatre has deteriorated from a venue suitable for moral messages to a place where people go simply to be entertained?
2. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
3. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
4. Who goes out to greet the new guests near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)