|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(b) She does not tell them anything.
(c) That they want to support him financially.
(d) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
2. Who has a problem understanding the Italian musicians and the Interpreter?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
3. What does Puff express joy at in extravagant language?
(a) Meeting Dangle.
(b) Meeting Sneer.
(c) Having his last rehearsal.
(d) Succeeding at puffing.
4. Where does Puff agree to meet Dangle and Sneer?
(a) At the corner between Dangle's house and the theatre.
(b) At Dangle's house.
(c) At Sneer's house.
(d) At the theatre.
5. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To create a new art form.
(b) To challenge and change the law.
(c) To reunite with his parents.
(d) To make a lot of money.
6. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
7. What does Sneer tell Puff is the only thing that could make him respect Puff more?
(a) Being allowed to attend the rehearsal of his new play.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Being loaned an exorbitant amount of money.
(d) Being hired as an actor in his new play.
8. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(c) A group of Italian musicians and an Interpreter.
9. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
(a) That Sneer is his brother.
(b) That they are best friends.
(c) That he dislikes Sneer's company.
(d) That Sneer is a horrible writer.
10. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(b) Collaborate on a play.
(c) Rent an apartment.
(d) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
11. Who suggests that all three men walk to the theatre together?
12. Who says Plagiary's play is perfect?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
13. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
(a) There is not enough.
(b) There is too much.
(c) There is too much in the last act.
(d) There is not enough in the last act.
14. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
15. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
(a) The false modesty of teachers.
(b) The true modesty of nuns.
(c) The false modesty of police officers.
(d) The false modesty of prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
2. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
4. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
5. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)