|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
(a) That Sneer wants to produce it.
(b) How awful it is.
(c) How wonderful it was.
(d) That Plagiary should write a sequel.
2. What explanations are offered during Puff's play?
(a) Explanations of the play's context.
(b) No explanations are offered during Puff's play.
(c) Explanations of his childhood history.
(d) Explanations of how he wrote the play.
3. How does Dangle respond to Puff's lament?
(a) He says it is a pity.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) He refuses to heed Puff.
(d) He walks out of the theatre.
4. What happens during the scene in which the characters talk at length about Queen Elizabeth?
(a) A battle scene.
(b) Nothing because the scene has been cut.
(c) Tilburina goes insane.
(d) The orphan discovers his parentage.
5. What does the young man in the scene learn?
(a) That he is in love with the daughter of the governor of the fort.
(b) That he will never survive the war.
(c) That he is actually the child of a well-born family rather than an orphan of low, criminal background.
(d) That he is slowly going insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff claim about the appearance of the line that begins the second scene of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
3. Who comments that the under-plot is so well formed that it could have made a tragedy all by itself?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
5. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)