|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hopes that Puff's play will not contain a scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
2. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) The main actor.
(d) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
3. Who tells the actors that the rehearsal was good but not quite perfect?
4. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
(b) The chauffeur.
(d) A servant.
5. Who comments that Puff's play seems contrived and artificial?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plagiary treat the negative comments about his work?
2. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on not doing?
3. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
4. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
5. What does Puff claim that every tragedy has to have?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)