|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Reading a book to their child.
2. What does Puff list examples of?
(a) The plays that he has written.
(b) The writers that are not good.
(c) The different ways in which puffing is used.
(d) The friends he has.
3. In "The Critic", what does the specific satirize?
(a) The general.
(b) The detailed.
(d) The critics.
4. How does Dangle respond to Puff's lament?
(a) He walks out of the theatre.
(b) He refuses to heed Puff.
(c) He says it is a pity.
(d) He laughs at him.
5. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
(a) His passion for theatre.
(b) His womanizing.
(c) His hairpiece.
(d) His lack of style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
2. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
3. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
4. As Puff grows increasing upset, whom does he push?
5. What does Sneer say the critic wrote about Plagiary?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)