|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(a) Sneer and Dangle.
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
2. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on not doing?
(a) Trying to invent something new.
(b) Improving on long established traditions.
(c) Becoming friends with Sneer.
(d) Directing his play.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
(a) In Dangle's house.
(b) In Plagiary's house.
(c) In the street.
(d) In the theatre.
4. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(a) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
(c) The desire to please artistic critics.
5. What does Puff claim that every tragedy has to have?
(a) A secondary plot with as little connection to the main plot as possible.
(b) An appearance from the current monarch.
(c) An affair between the male lead and someone other than the female lead.
(d) A suicide attempt by the female lead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks if Puff has introduced a love story into his plot?
2. Of what is Plagiary scared?
3. What does Sneer tell Puff is the only thing that could make him respect Puff more?
4. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
5. Who asks to accompany Dangle to Puff's rehearsal?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)