|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(b) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(c) Collaborate on a play.
(d) Rent an apartment.
2. What is Puff's play about?
(a) The French's treachery.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) The Spanish Armada.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
3. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
(a) The actors in Puff's play rehearse.
(b) The actors quitting.
(c) They are too busy arguing to watch anything.
(d) Puff's family arriving.
4. Who comments on Puff's clever use of words several times during the rehearsal?
5. Though Puff says Queen Elizabeth does not appear, what makes it as good as if she did appear?
(a) The fact that she is dead during the play's action.
(b) The fact that she is frequently spoken about.
(c) The fact that she speaks from offstage.
(d) Queen Elizabeth is in the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dangle and Sneer express a hope for after the love scene?
2. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. Who responds arrogantly to questions and comments during the rehearsal?
4. What directions does Puff give the actors during the rehearsal?
5. What is the driving force of this play?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)