|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
2. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
(a) That he enjoys being in the middle of things.
(b) That he volunteered.
(c) That he is not being taken advantage of.
(d) That he is not able to do anything anyway.
3. Who asks for Sneer and Dangle's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
4. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
5. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
(a) The Theater of London.
(b) The Globe Theatre.
(c) Drury Lane Theatre.
(d) Three Theatres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that actors are always good judges?
2. Where does Puff agree to meet Dangle and Sneer?
3. Who writes the play within "The Critic"?
4. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
5. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)