|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(b) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
(c) The desire to please artistic critics.
2. How does the prompter say that Puff will find the play?
(a) Quite long.
(b) Quite short.
(c) Extremely long.
(d) Extremely short.
3. Who writes the play within "The Critic"?
4. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(b) Rent an apartment.
(c) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(d) Collaborate on a play.
5. Who asks to accompany Dangle to Puff's rehearsal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plagiary say angers him?
2. What does Plagiary claim about incident in his play?
3. How does Plagiary treat the negative comments about his work?
4. Whom does Puff agree to let attend his rehearsal?
5. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)