|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To challenge and change the law.
(b) To create a new art form.
(c) To reunite with his parents.
(d) To make a lot of money.
2. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(b) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
3. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
(a) The views of critics that all plays should contain a scandal.
(d) The views of critics that all plays should contain a romance.
4. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(c) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
(d) The desire to please artistic critics.
5. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's name signifies his work being superfluous?
2. Which character's name signifies his attitude toward other playwrights?
3. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
4. When does the Servant announce Puff's arrival?
5. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)