|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
(a) The Muses'.
(b) The Vestal Virgins'.
2. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Because he thinks it is a bad suggestion.
(b) Puff agrees to Dangle's suggestion.
(c) Because he has puffing to do.
(d) Because he needs to go home for dinner.
3. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(a) The desire to please artistic critics.
(c) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
4. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) The main actor.
(c) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
(d) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
2. Who suggests that the musicians should just do what they came for and play their music?
3. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
4. Who hints that they have influenced what is read in papers and public advertisements?
5. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)