|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that someone would be doing Plagiary a favor by stealing his ideas?
2. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
(b) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) The main actor.
3. How does Plagiary treat the negative comments about his work?
(a) He decides never to write again.
(b) Very seriously.
(c) As a joke.
(d) He starts crying.
4. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
(a) His hairpiece.
(b) His passion for theatre.
(c) His lack of style.
(d) His womanizing.
5. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
(a) The false modesty of teachers.
(b) The true modesty of nuns.
(c) The false modesty of prostitutes.
(d) The false modesty of police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the driving force of this play?
2. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
3. What type of play is Sheridan's "The Critic"?
4. Who suggests that all three men walk to the theatre together?
5. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)