|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Puff a professional at doing?
(a) Acting in tragedies.
(b) Writing plays.
(c) Improving the words and writings of others.
2. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
3. Whom does Mrs. Dangle say laughs at her husband behind his back?
(b) Theatre people and non-theatre people alike.
(c) Everyone that they know.
4. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
5. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
(a) A sentimental romance.
(b) A historical romance.
(c) A Shakespearean classic.
(d) A satire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play is Sheridan's "The Critic"?
2. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
3. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
4. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
5. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)