|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
2. Whom does Mrs. Dangle claim is the only critic that really matters for those working in the theatre?
(c) The public.
3. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who they know.
(b) Producers who write plays themselves.
(c) Producers who make too much money.
(d) Producers who need money.
4. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(a) The desire to please artistic critics.
(b) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
5. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
(a) A sentimental romance.
(b) A Shakespearean classic.
(c) A satire.
(d) A historical romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
3. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
4. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. Whom does Puff agree to let attend his rehearsal?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)