|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Lies about liking his play.
(c) Points out his play's flaws.
(d) Steals his work.
2. When Puff changes his way of making a living, what does he turn to?
(a) His training as a carriage driver.
(b) His talents for word usage and manipulation.
(c) His training as a chef.
(d) His talents in acting and theatrics.
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
(c) The main actor.
(d) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
4. Who says Plagiary's play is perfect?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
5. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
(a) His hairpiece.
(b) His womanizing.
(c) His lack of style.
(d) His passion for theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for Sneer and Dangle's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
4. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
5. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)