|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
(a) How awful it is.
(b) How wonderful it was.
(c) That Plagiary should write a sequel.
(d) That Sneer wants to produce it.
2. Who does Puff claim that he taught to speak better?
3. Of what is Plagiary scared?
(a) People stealing his ideas.
(b) People thinking that he is a good writer.
(c) People laughing at his work.
(d) People hating him.
4. Who asks to accompany Dangle to Puff's rehearsal?
5. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
(a) Sneer's family life.
(b) The theatre.
(c) Puff's profession.
(d) Puff's last rehearsal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
2. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
3. How did Puff's former way of making his living cause him to feel?
4. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)