|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
(a) Points out his play's flaws.
(b) Lies about liking his play.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Steals his work.
2. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
4. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Rent an apartment.
(b) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(c) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(d) Collaborate on a play.
5. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who make too much money.
(b) Producers who need money.
(c) Producers who write plays themselves.
(d) Producers who they know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
2. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
3. Who goes out to greet the new guests near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
4. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
5. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)