|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
(a) How much they hate his play.
(b) How tired they are.
(c) How much they want to see Puff's new play.
(d) How much they like his play.
2. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
3. What does Plagiary say angers him?
(a) Dangle pretending to be his friend.
(c) The critic's negative review.
(d) The belief that negative criticism upsets him.
4. Who refers to a nasty notice about Plagiary's play in an earlier newspaper?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
5. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
2. Who does Dangle say can give Plagiary good criticism if he wants it?
3. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
4. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)