|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
(a) He says he has already sent it out.
(b) He accepts the offer.
(c) He refuses the offer because he does not trust it.
(d) He does not intend to send his play to producers.
2. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
(a) How much they hate his play.
(b) How tired they are.
(c) How much they want to see Puff's new play.
(d) How much they like his play.
3. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
(a) The Globe Theatre.
(b) Drury Lane Theatre.
(c) Three Theatres.
(d) The Theater of London.
4. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
(a) How wonderful it was.
(b) How awful it is.
(c) That Sneer wants to produce it.
(d) That Plagiary should write a sequel.
5. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
(a) That he volunteered.
(b) That he is not able to do anything anyway.
(c) That he is not being taken advantage of.
(d) That he enjoys being in the middle of things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
2. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
3. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
4. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
5. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)