|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
(a) It is fun to watch.
(b) It is important because it reveals the values of the time and its people.
(c) It is tiresome and exhausting.
(d) It is important because it shows real life.
2. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who need money.
(b) Producers who write plays themselves.
(c) Producers who make too much money.
(d) Producers who they know.
3. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To reunite with his parents.
(b) To challenge and change the law.
(c) To create a new art form.
(d) To make a lot of money.
4. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
(d) Sir Fretful Plagiary.
5. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he is so desperate to be popular.
(c) Because he will lose his pension otherwise.
(d) Plagiary would not rather be abused than not mentioned at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
2. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. What is Dangle's only interest?
4. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
5. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)