|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
(a) A sentimental romance.
(b) A historical romance.
(c) A Shakespearean classic.
(d) A satire.
2. Why does Mrs. Dangle claim that Plagiary is a favorite of hers?
(a) Because he is very attractive.
(b) Because he is so friendly.
(c) Because he is an excellent writer.
(d) Because everyone else abuses him.
3. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Reading a book to their child.
4. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
(c) The Muses'.
(d) The Vestal Virgins'.
5. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(b) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(c) Rent an apartment.
(d) Collaborate on a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
2. What is the driving force of this play?
3. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
4. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)