|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
(c) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
(d) The main actor.
2. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(a) The desire to please artistic critics.
(d) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
3. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To reunite with his parents.
(b) To create a new art form.
(c) To challenge and change the law.
(d) To make a lot of money.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
(a) In the street.
(b) In the theatre.
(c) In Plagiary's house.
(d) In Dangle's house.
5. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
(a) A Shakespearean classic.
(b) A sentimental romance.
(c) A historical romance.
(d) A satire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
2. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
3. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
4. Whom does the servant announce at the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)