|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
2. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) A relationship.
(b) True criticism.
(c) Money from his parents.
(d) A job from Sneer.
3. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Collaborate on a play.
(b) Rent an apartment.
(c) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(d) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
4. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
(a) Plagiary would not rather be abused than not mentioned at all.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he will lose his pension otherwise.
(d) Because he is so desperate to be popular.
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) The main actor.
(b) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
(c) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
(d) William Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
2. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
3. Who complains that the theatre has deteriorated from a venue suitable for moral messages to a place where people go simply to be entertained?
4. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
5. What is the driving force of this play?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)