|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
2. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
3. To what does Sneer compare the modesty of audiences?
(a) The false modesty of teachers.
(b) The false modesty of prostitutes.
(c) The false modesty of police officers.
(d) The true modesty of nuns.
4. What is the driving force of this play?
(a) Pretensions of people who think they know more than they do.
(b) The love between a man and a woman.
(c) The friendship between two married couples.
(d) The frustrations of an uninspired playwright.
5. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(c) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
(d) The desire to please artistic critics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Sneer's arrival?
2. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
3. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)