|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
2. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
3. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
(a) Three Theatres.
(b) Drury Lane Theatre.
(c) The Globe Theatre.
(d) The Theater of London.
4. What does Sneer explain that the writer of his moralistic comedy about a reformed housebreaker is determined to use the theatre for?
(a) To reunite with his parents.
(b) To challenge and change the law.
(c) To create a new art form.
(d) To make a lot of money.
5. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
(a) That Sneer is his brother.
(b) That Sneer is a horrible writer.
(c) That they are best friends.
(d) That he dislikes Sneer's company.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
2. Whose purity is referred to in the Prologue?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
4. What is the driving force of this play?
5. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)