|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exclaims over the changes in Puff's play?
2. Who praises Puff's cleverness in making a living at puffing?
3. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
4. What does Plagiary say angers him?
(a) The critic's negative review.
(b) Dangle pretending to be his friend.
(c) The belief that negative criticism upsets him.
5. Dangle comments that one of Sneer's plays is a tragedy, but Sneer disagrees and tells him it is what kind of play?
(a) A historical romance.
(b) A sentimental romance.
(c) A satire.
(d) A Shakespearean classic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Puff, Dangle, and Sneer watch?
2. What do the comments about the Spanish Armada and Tilbury refer to?
3. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
4. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)