|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's name signifies his tendency of dangling his connections before his friends?
2. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
(b) The views of critics that all plays should contain a romance.
(d) The views of critics that all plays should contain a scandal.
3. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
(a) The theatre.
(b) Puff's last rehearsal.
(c) Puff's profession.
(d) Sneer's family life.
4. With what does Mrs. Dangle claim her husband makes himself look ridiculous?
(a) His hairpiece.
(b) His passion for theatre.
(c) His womanizing.
(d) His lack of style.
5. Why does Mrs. Dangle claim that Plagiary is a favorite of hers?
(a) Because everyone else abuses him.
(b) Because he is very attractive.
(c) Because he is an excellent writer.
(d) Because he is so friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff say the changes are affecting?
2. Who refers to a character that refuses to give an opinion unless he is absolutely sure of the facts?
3. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
4. How does Puff respond to the question of whether a love story has been introduced into his plot?
5. Who says that plays should show things that might happen?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)