|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Plagiary rather be abused than not mentioned at all?
(a) Plagiary would not rather be abused than not mentioned at all.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he is so desperate to be popular.
(d) Because he will lose his pension otherwise.
2. When Plagiary arrives, what do Dangle and Sneer tell him?
(a) How much they like his play.
(b) How tired they are.
(c) How much they hate his play.
(d) How much they want to see Puff's new play.
3. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
4. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
(a) It is tiresome and exhausting.
(b) It is important because it reveals the values of the time and its people.
(c) It is important because it shows real life.
(d) It is fun to watch.
5. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
2. How does Plagiary respond to the offer to help him send his play to producers?
3. Who says Plagiary's play is perfect?
4. Who does Puff invite to the last rehearsal of his play?
5. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)