|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
(a) The desire to please artistic critics.
(c) The gods and goddesses of Olympus.
2. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
(a) Attend the first performance of Puff's play.
(b) Rent an apartment.
(c) Watch Plagiary's newest play.
(d) Collaborate on a play.
3. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
4. Who claims that the theatre's deterioration results from the audience?
5. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
(a) To anger Sneer.
(b) To prevent an argument.
(c) To be funny.
(d) Because it is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
2. Who asks Plagiary whether he sent his play to any producers?
3. Of what is Plagiary scared?
4. Whose arrival does the servant announce near the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)