|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains that Plagiary insists no playwright but himself is any good?
2. Who is the well-known writer whose pending production Dangle reads about in Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(b) Reading a book to their child.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Eating breakfast.
4. What kind of producers do Dangle, Sneer and Plagiary question the wisdom of sending a play to?
(a) Producers who write plays themselves.
(b) Producers who make too much money.
(c) Producers who need money.
(d) Producers who they know.
5. What is the driving force of this play?
(a) The love between a man and a woman.
(b) The friendship between two married couples.
(c) Pretensions of people who think they know more than they do.
(d) The frustrations of an uninspired playwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dangle complains about being taken advantage of, what does Sneer remind him?
2. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
3. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
4. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
5. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)