|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plagiary claim he is glad when a wise critic does?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Lies about liking his play.
(c) Steals his work.
(d) Points out his play's flaws.
2. When Plagiary asks if Dangle and Sneer like his play, what does Sneer say?
(a) That he used it in his fire.
(b) That he hates it.
(c) That he loves it.
(d) That he did not read it.
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) The main actor.
(c) The Honourable Richard Fitzpatrick.
(d) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
4. What is Plagiary unable to accept?
(a) A relationship.
(b) Money from his parents.
(c) True criticism.
(d) A job from Sneer.
5. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
(a) Drury Lane Theatre.
(b) The Theater of London.
(c) Three Theatres.
(d) The Globe Theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to a nasty notice about Plagiary's play in an earlier newspaper?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1 begin?
3. What claim does Dangle make in defense of the theatre?
4. How does Plagiary treat the negative comments about his work?
5. Whom does Mrs. Dangle say laughs at her husband behind his back?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)