|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for Sneer and Dangle's help at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Mrs. Dangle.
2. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) She does not tell them anything.
(b) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(c) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
(d) That they want to support him financially.
3. Who says that abuse is always going to appear from somewhere?
4. What does Dangle say about Sneer before Sneer enters?
(a) That Sneer is a horrible writer.
(b) That he dislikes Sneer's company.
(c) That they are best friends.
(d) That Sneer is his brother.
5. Where does Puff agree to meet Dangle and Sneer?
(a) At the corner between Dangle's house and the theatre.
(b) At Dangle's house.
(c) At Sneer's house.
(d) At the theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
2. When Mrs. Dangle claims that Plagiary's play is a little long, how does Plagiary respond?
3. Whom does Puff join in order to watch the rehearsal of his play?
4. After Puff's lengthy speech on puffing, what does Sneer claim that he recognizes the importance of?
5. Who comments that Plagiary's humility is false?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)