|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ideas are as empty as his words?
2. Which character's name signifies his tendency of dangling his connections before his friends?
3. Who has taken advantage of Puff's offer regarding his play?
(d) The actors.
4. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
5. Where was "The Critic" first performed?
(a) Three Theatres.
(b) Drury Lane Theatre.
(c) The Theater of London.
(d) The Globe Theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
2. Why does Puff object to Sneer's request at first?
3. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
4. What does Sneer say about Plagiary's play that he has read?
5. What does Dangle suggest he and Sneer do together after Sneer enters the room?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)