|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is satirized by the hope for a lack of scandal about Queen Elizabeth?
(b) The views of critics that all plays should contain a romance.
(d) The views of critics that all plays should contain a scandal.
2. Who says more incidents are needed in the fifth act of Plagiary's play?
(a) Mrs. Dangle.
3. Which character is not a playwright?
4. What does Puff express joy at in extravagant language?
(a) Meeting Sneer.
(b) Having his last rehearsal.
(c) Meeting Dangle.
(d) Succeeding at puffing.
5. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prologue accuse the Muses of being corrupted by?
2. When does the Servant announce Puff's arrival?
3. What does Plagiary say about Sneer in an aside?
4. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
5. Who tells Puff that his identity has already been published?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)