|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author is alluded to in the Prologue?
2. What does Mrs. Dangle tell Plagiary about Dangle and Sneer?
(a) That they were both just saying how much they hated his play.
(b) That she hates both Dangle and Sneer.
(c) She does not tell them anything.
(d) That they want to support him financially.
3. As the first scene opens, what are Mr. and Mrs. Dangle doing?
(a) Reading a book to their child.
(b) Rehearsing a scene from their play.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Eating breakfast.
4. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) To ask for some tea.
(b) To say that he is hungry.
(c) To remind her that the children are calling her.
(d) To say that she is wrong.
5. Whom does Dangle tell his wife to offer refreshments to?
(d) The musicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that the musicians should just do what they came for and play their music?
2. In "The Critic", what does the specific satirize?
3. Who asks for the music to begin?
4. Which character's name signifies his tendency of dangling his connections before his friends?
5. How does Puff respond to the question of whether a love story has been introduced into his plot?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)