|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What directions does Puff give the actors during the rehearsal?
(a) Where to move and how to speak.
(b) To turn left or right.
(c) When to speak and when to die.
(d) When to quit.
2. What type of play is Sheridan's "The Critic"?
3. Who asks to accompany Dangle to Puff's rehearsal?
4. When Mrs. Dangle claims that Plagiary's play is a little long, how does Plagiary respond?
(a) He completely ignores her.
(b) He claims that it is actually short.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He storms out of the room.
5. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) To say that she is wrong.
(b) To remind her that the children are calling her.
(c) To ask for some tea.
(d) To say that he is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puff claim is wonderful?
2. As Puff grows increasing upset, whom does he push?
3. After the love scene finishes, what does Puff congratulate himself on doing?
4. What happens during the scene in which the characters talk at length about Queen Elizabeth?
5. What consists of bad poetry in Puff's play?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)