|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to invent something that was said about Plagiary's play?
(b) Mrs. Dangle.
(c) Sneer and Dangle.
2. What do Dangle and Sneer express a hope for after the love scene?
(a) The appearance of King Ferdinand.
(b) A battle scene in which Tilburina dies.
(c) A suicide attempt by one of the secondary characters.
(d) The appearance of Queen Elizabeth and a battle.
3. What does Puff complain about near the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The length of his play.
(c) How many cuts there have been.
(d) The actors' poor acting.
4. What is the slang term for Puff's profession?
(d) None of the answers is correct.
5. What is language defined as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The indisputable truth.
(b) A powerful obscurer of truth.
(c) A means to secure friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangle tell Plagiary that Sneer never means what he says?
2. Why does Dangle interrupt his wife at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. Why does Puff object to Dangle's suggestion at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Plagiary claim is mere vanity?
5. What does Sheridan's play satirize?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)