|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
(a) She cannot read or sleep.
(b) She is plagued by anxiety.
(c) She needs a referral for a psychiatrist.
(d) She has developed laryngitis.
2. What surprises Esther the most about Marco?
(a) His cruelty
(b) His unwillingness to give her the diamond
(c) His aggression
(d) His honesty
3. What led Joan to run away from home?
(a) Sores on her feet
(b) A fight with her parents
(c) An article about Esther
(d) Her breakup with Buddy
4. Who is Esther's doctor at the private hospital?
(a) Dr. Syphilis
(b) Dr. Nolan
(c) Dr. Gordon
(d) Buddy Willard
5. Whose visit to her hospital room angers Esther?
(a) Her mother's
(b) Her uncle's
(c) George Bakewell's
(d) Buddy Willard's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Buddy eager for Esther to read the poem "Florida Dawn"?
2. Who does Jody set Esther up on a blind date with?
3. Where does Esther tell the sailor she is is from?
4. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
5. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)