|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment does Dr. Gordon suggest for Esther?
(a) Admittance to an asylum
(b) Continued weekly appointments with him
(c) Shock treatment
2. What does Esther do that gets her transferred to another hospital?
(a) She refuses shock treatment.
(b) She yells at George Bakewell.
(c) She attacks her mother.
(d) She breaks a mirror.
3. Which of the following does NOT adorn the waiting room at the sanatorium?
(a) A fountain
(c) Leather chairs
4. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) She rarely receives phone calls.
(b) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
(c) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
(d) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
5. What does Mrs. Bannister discover about Esther one evening?
(a) She is sleeping too much.
(b) She is not responding to the insulin injections.
(c) She has had a reaction to the insulin injections.
(d) She has thrown out the roses from her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther want her picture taken for the magazine?
2. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
3. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
4. Who is Esther "cursed" to have had to eat breakfast with in the hotel cafeteria?
5. Why is Esther shocked when Buddy tells her he is not a virgin?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)