|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Gordon respond to Esther's torn letter to Doreen?
(a) He is sympathetic to her concerns about not being able to write.
(b) He diagnoses her as depressed.
(c) He changes the subject.
(d) He asks to speak to her mother.
2. What does Marco give Esther?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A stylish fan.
(c) A diamond pin
(d) A new puppy.
3. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
(a) To help her sleep
(b) To begin writing her thesis
(c) To fill in a gap in her coursework
(d) To get ahead the following semester
4. What does the nurse tell Esther to help her feel more relaxed during her first shock treatment?
(a) All patients are scared to death the first time.
(b) Few patients have negative side effects.
(c) It will hardly hurt.
(d) She will feel like she has gone to sleep.
5. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
(a) She tells him she would like to have sex with him.
(b) She undresses.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She lays down on his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
2. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
3. How does Esther learn of the circumstances that led to her rescue from the basement?
4. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
5. Why can't Marco marry the woman he is in love with?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)