|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She insults his uniform.
(b) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(c) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
(d) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
2. What does Marco remind Esther of?
(a) A movie star
(b) A snake in the zoo
(c) A tango dancer
(d) A diamond
3. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
(b) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
(c) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
(d) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
4. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
(b) She has no interest in furs.
(c) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
(d) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
5. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
(a) They have blank looks on their faces.
(b) They all look sick.
(c) They are hardly moving.
(d) They look like they do not belong at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther want her picture taken for the magazine?
2. Which of the following does NOT adorn the waiting room at the sanatorium?
3. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
4. What does Mrs. Bannister discover about Esther one evening?
5. What keeps Esther from committing suicide with the cord from her mother's robe?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)