|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 9 years old
(b) 18 years old
(c) 11 years old
(d) 5 years old
2. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
(b) His insensitivity to her feelings
(c) His compromised immune system
(d) His dishonesty
3. What does Mrs. Mole do that makes the nurses put her in her room for dinner?
(a) She insults the food service person.
(b) She dumps all of the green beans on her plate.
(c) She complains about the food that is served that day.
(d) She slaps her thighs and yells at the doctors.
4. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(b) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(c) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(d) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
5. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She is in love with Constantin.
(b) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(c) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(d) She believes he is a hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only man that Esther ever considered losing her virginity to?
2. With whom does Esther ride back to the Amazon after leaving the movie premiere?
3. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
4. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
5. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)