|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
(b) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
(c) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(d) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
2. What does Esther label Marco?
(a) a Latin lover
(b) a snake
(c) a playing card
(d) a woman-hater
3. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Write a novel
(b) Take a summer course
(c) Break up with Buddy
(d) Gain life experience
4. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
(a) He tells Buddy that he and Esther kissed.
(b) He writes her a letter saying he could fall in love with her.
(c) He writes her a letter proposing marriage.
(d) He graduates from college.
5. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
(a) A ranch
(b) A dance club
(c) A hunting lodge
(d) A mansion
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
2. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
3. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
5. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)