|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She undresses.
(c) She tells him she would like to have sex with him.
(d) She lays down on his bed.
2. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
(a) He graduates from college.
(b) He tells Buddy that he and Esther kissed.
(c) He writes her a letter proposing marriage.
(d) He writes her a letter saying he could fall in love with her.
3. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
(a) Lenny is more charismatic than Frankie.
(b) Like Esther, Lenny is tall while Frankie is short.
(c) Like Esther, Lenny is short while Frankie is tall.
(d) Lenny is much more attractive than Frankie.
4. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
(a) She feels nauseous.
(b) She wants to see Doreen as soon as she comes back from Coney Island.
(c) She does not like the movie.
(d) She is tired and wants to go to sleep.
5. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 18 years old
(b) 9 years old
(c) 11 years old
(d) 5 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Marco marry the woman he is in love with?
2. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
3. What does Mrs. Mole do that makes the nurses put her in her room for dinner?
4. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
5. What does Marco give Esther?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)