|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
(a) She returns home.
(b) She cries hysterically.
(c) She throws all of her clothes off of the roof.
(d) She takes a hot bath to wash away the memory.
2. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
(a) Psychiatric care
(b) Sleeping pills
3. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
(a) There are more requirements than her own college.
(b) There is no honors program in the English department.
(c) She has already met all of the requirements.
(d) It is surprisingly difficult.
4. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
(d) Jay Cee
5. What does Mrs. Tomollilo do that gets her placed in the psychiatric ward?
(a) She giggles uncontrollably all of the time.
(b) She tries to kill her mother in law.
(c) She tries to kill herself.
(d) She sticks her tongue out at her mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
2. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
3. Where does Esther wake up at the start of this chapter?
4. What surprises Esther the most about Marco?
5. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)