|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
(a) Have sex with him
(b) Begin dating
(c) Have a drink with him
(d) Listen to records
2. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(b) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(c) She insults his uniform.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
3. What unusual gift does Buddy give Esther when she arrives in his room?
(a) A piece of pottery
(b) A book of poetry
(c) An ashtray
4. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
5. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
(b) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
(c) The idioms
(d) The verb conjugations
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
2. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
3. Why does Esther like Doreen?
4. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
5. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)