|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
(a) She sits on the bear skin rug and drinks.
(b) She leaves Lenny's apartment.
(c) She joins them and dances.
(d) She falls asleep on Lenny's bed.
2. Why does Buddy ask Esther whether she'd like to live in the city or the country?
(a) To decide where to take her on vacation
(b) To determine if she is neurotic
(c) To determine where they should buy their first house
(d) To see if they are compatible
3. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She smokes a cigarette.
(b) She takes a hot bath.
(c) She calls her mother for moral support.
(d) She has a drink.
4. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
(a) A car pulling out of a driveway
(b) The phone ringing
(c) The squeak of carriage wheels
(d) Her mother practicing typing
5. What does Marco give Esther?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A stylish fan.
(c) A diamond pin
(d) A new puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
2. How does Esther feel as she careens down the ski slope?
3. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
4. Who is Esther "cursed" to have had to eat breakfast with in the hotel cafeteria?
5. Why won't Buddy allow Esther to ski down the hill again?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)