|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Frankie will not be there.
(b) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
(c) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
(d) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
2. Who is Esther "cursed" to have had to eat breakfast with in the hotel cafeteria?
(d) Jay Cee
3. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every third weekend
(b) Every other weekend
(c) Every weekend
(d) Once a month
4. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
(a) He tells Buddy that he and Esther kissed.
(b) He writes her a letter proposing marriage.
(c) He graduates from college.
(d) He writes her a letter saying he could fall in love with her.
5. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(b) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(c) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(d) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buddy ask Esther whether she'd like to live in the city or the country?
2. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
3. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
4. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
5. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)