|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
(b) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(c) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
(d) She is annoyed by the costumes.
2. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The day they saw a baby born.
(b) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
(c) The day she found out he had TB.
(d) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
3. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) She walks alone the 43 blocks back to the hotel.
(c) She and Doreen walk the 43 blocks back to the hotel together.
(d) Lenny drives her home.
4. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
(b) The trial of the Rosenbergs
(c) The execution of the Rosenbergs
(d) The bombing of Hiroshima
5. Why does Esther's mother ask her about what happened to her face?
(a) She refuses to smile or move her face.
(b) She has streaks of blood on each cheek.
(c) She is wearing much more makeup than she usually does.
(d) Her face is bruised from Marco's attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
2. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
3. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
4. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
5. What does Marco remind Esther of?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)