|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) An ambassador at the UN
(b) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
(c) The editor of a major literary magazine
(d) Her son, Buddy
2. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
(a) A dance club
(b) A ranch
(c) A mansion
(d) A hunting lodge
3. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
(b) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
(c) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(d) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
4. What treasure does Esther take with her to solitary confinement?
(a) A mirror
(b) A letter from Buddy
(c) A ball of mercury
(d) A book of poetry
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
(b) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
(c) She has no interest in furs.
(d) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Esther has slept when she first visits Dr. Gordon?
2. Who is Philomena Guinea?
3. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
4. Why is Esther shocked when Buddy tells her he is not a virgin?
5. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)