|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
(a) To help her sleep
(b) To get ahead the following semester
(c) To begin writing her thesis
(d) To fill in a gap in her coursework
2. Why is Buddy eager for Esther to read the poem "Florida Dawn"?
(a) He believes it is the next great masterpiece of American poetry.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He thinks she will enjoy it.
(d) His father wrote it.
3. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
(a) Emily Ann
4. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
(a) She feels nauseous.
(b) She wants to see Doreen as soon as she comes back from Coney Island.
(c) She is tired and wants to go to sleep.
(d) She does not like the movie.
5. What infuriates Esther in Dr. Gordon's office?
(a) The lighting
(b) The plants
(c) His silver pencil
(d) The photograph of his family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
2. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
3. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
4. With whom does Esther ride back to the Amazon after leaving the movie premiere?
5. What does Esther label Marco?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)