|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
(b) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(c) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(d) She insults his uniform.
2. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
(a) Him naked
(b) His dorm room
(d) Women giving birth
3. What treatment does Dr. Gordon suggest for Esther?
(a) Shock treatment
(b) Admittance to an asylum
(d) Continued weekly appointments with him
4. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
(a) 30 times
(c) One time
5. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The bombing of Hiroshima
(b) The execution of the Rosenbergs
(c) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
(d) The trial of the Rosenbergs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther think that Mr. Willard is telling her that he and his wife had always wanted a daughter?
2. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
3. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
4. Why does Esther compare her photo with that of a dead girl published in the paper?
5. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)