|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
(a) She only eats dessert.
(b) She doesn't eat the food because she is trying to stay thin for Lenny.
(c) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at the office working with Jay Cee.
(d) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at Coney Island with Lenny.
2. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(b) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(c) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
(d) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
3. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
(b) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
(c) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
(d) She rarely receives phone calls.
4. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
(b) Frankie will not be there.
(c) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
(d) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
5. How does Esther feel as she careens down the ski slope?
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
2. What does Buddy take Esther to do while she is visiting him at the sanatorium?
3. What causes Esther's skiing accident?
4. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
5. Why does Esther like Doreen?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)