|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
(b) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
(c) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
(d) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
2. What surprises Esther the most about Marco?
(a) His cruelty
(b) His aggression
(c) His unwillingness to give her the diamond
(d) His honesty
3. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
(a) He has received a scholarship and is excited.
(b) He has contracted TB and must immediately leave for treatment.
(c) He is concerned that he has given her TB.
(d) He wants to ask for her hand in marriage.
4. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every weekend
(b) Every third weekend
(c) Every other weekend
(d) Once a month
5. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
(a) He is a popular disc jockey.
(b) He is the owner of a popular bar.
(c) He is popular dancer.
(d) He is a popular actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
2. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
3. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
4. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
5. How does Esther feel as she careens down the ski slope?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)