|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
(a) She wishes she had gone to the magazine party instead of to Lenny's apartment.
(b) It is smoky in her room.
(c) It is utterly silent in her room.
(d) She feels abandoned by Doreen.
2. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
(a) Elly Greenwood
(c) Esther Greenwood
(d) Elly Higginbottom
3. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
4. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The bombing of Hiroshima
(b) The trial of the Rosenbergs
(c) The execution of the Rosenbergs
(d) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
5. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
(b) Back to Esther's college
(c) To a bar
(d) To Buddy's fraternity house
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
2. How does Esther feel about the cadavers that Buddy shows her?
3. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
4. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
5. Why does Esther think that Mr. Willard is telling her that he and his wife had always wanted a daughter?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)