|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(b) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
(c) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
(d) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
2. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
(a) Doreen left a cigarette burning in an ashtray.
(b) Doreen had been smoking before they left and had failed to open the window.
(c) The smoke materialized out of nowhere.
(d) There is a fire in Esther's room.
3. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
(b) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(c) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
(d) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
4. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
(a) Have a drink with him
(b) Begin dating
(c) Listen to records
(d) Have sex with him
5. Why doesn't Esther want her picture taken for the magazine?
(a) She feels insulted by Jay Cee.
(b) She is about to begin crying.
(c) She doesn't like the way they styled her hair.
(d) She doesn't like the paper rose that Jay Cee gave her to hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy take Esther to do while she is visiting him at the sanatorium?
2. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
3. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
4. Who is the only man that Esther ever considered losing her virginity to?
5. What unusual gift does Buddy give Esther when she arrives in his room?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)