|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
(a) He has a keen interest in learning.
(b) He is very knowledgeable about biology.
(c) His father was a teacher.
(d) He is always trying to explain things to Esther.
2. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
(a) She lays down on his bed.
(b) She undresses.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She tells him she would like to have sex with him.
3. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(b) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(c) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(d) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
4. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
(a) Elly Greenwood
(b) Esther Greenwood
(d) Elly Higginbottom
5. Why won't Buddy allow Esther to ski down the hill again?
(a) He is concerned she will break her leg.
(b) She does not know how to ski.
(c) He says her leg is broken in two places.
(d) He wants to return to the sanatorium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
2. What does Esther label Marco?
3. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
4. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
5. Why can't Marco marry the woman he is in love with?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)