|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The day they saw a baby born.
(b) The day she found out he had TB.
(c) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(d) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
2. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
(a) It condemns pre-martial sex.
(b) It allows men to have pre-marital sex, but tells women not to.
(c) It ignores a woman's feelings.
(d) It advocates marriage.
3. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 9 years old
(b) 11 years old
(c) 18 years old
(d) 5 years old
4. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(b) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) She is a literature major and a writer.
5. Who is Esther "cursed" to have had to eat breakfast with in the hotel cafeteria?
(a) Jay Cee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco remind Esther of?
2. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
3. What causes Esther's skiing accident?
4. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
5. How does Esther know Buddy?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)