|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
(a) Emily Ann
2. What surprises Esther about Buddy's appearance when she first sees him at the sanatorium?
(a) He has gained weight.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He looks pale and sickly.
(d) He has cut his hair short.
3. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
(b) The execution of the Rosenbergs
(c) The bombing of Hiroshima
(d) The trial of the Rosenbergs
4. Why can't Marco marry the woman he is in love with?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) Her parents will not allow them to be married.
(d) She is going to be a nun
5. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
(a) She thinks it will convince Lenny and Frankie that she is older than she is.
(b) She wants to get drunk as quickly as possible.
(c) It is her favorite drink.
(d) She saw it in an ad and was attracted to its purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
2. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
3. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
4. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
5. What does Esther label Marco?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)