|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
(a) There is a fire in Esther's room.
(b) Doreen left a cigarette burning in an ashtray.
(c) The smoke materialized out of nowhere.
(d) Doreen had been smoking before they left and had failed to open the window.
2. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
3. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
(a) Have sex with him
(b) Have a drink with him
(c) Listen to records
(d) Begin dating
4. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
(a) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at Coney Island with Lenny.
(b) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at the office working with Jay Cee.
(c) She doesn't eat the food because she is trying to stay thin for Lenny.
(d) She only eats dessert.
5. What is Esther's response to Buddy's marriage proposal?
(a) She tells him she needs to think about it before answering.
(b) She accepts his proposal and agrees to marry him.
(c) She tells him she will never get married.
(d) She rejects his proposal because she believes he is a hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
2. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
3. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
4. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
5. What does Esther label Marco?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)