|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His compromised immune system
(d) His insensitivity to her feelings
2. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
(a) He writes her a letter saying he could fall in love with her.
(b) He graduates from college.
(c) He writes her a letter proposing marriage.
(d) He tells Buddy that he and Esther kissed.
3. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(b) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
(c) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
(d) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
4. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
(a) He is very knowledgeable about biology.
(b) He is always trying to explain things to Esther.
(c) He has a keen interest in learning.
(d) His father was a teacher.
5. Who is Esther "cursed" to have had to eat breakfast with in the hotel cafeteria?
(a) Jay Cee
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
2. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
3. What surprises Esther about Buddy's appearance when she first sees him at the sanatorium?
4. Why is Buddy eager for Esther to read the poem "Florida Dawn"?
5. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)