|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(b) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(c) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(d) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
2. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
(a) She panicked not knowing what to do with it.
(b) She dipped her fingers in it to clean them.
(c) She asked her hostess what it was for.
(d) She ate the contents, thinking it was an exotic soup.
3. Why does Esther resolve to "ditch Buddy Willard for once and for all"?
(a) He was no longer a virgin.
(b) He had kept his affair with the waitress a secret from her.
(c) He cheated on her with the waitress from Cape Cod.
(d) He is insensitive to her feelings about childbirth.
4. What does Buddy tell Esther she will want to abandon once she has children?
(a) Her career
5. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
(a) She thinks it will convince Lenny and Frankie that she is older than she is.
(b) It is her favorite drink.
(c) She wants to get drunk as quickly as possible.
(d) She saw it in an ad and was attracted to its purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
2. What does Buddy take Esther to do while she is visiting him at the sanatorium?
3. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
4. With whom does Esther ride back to the Amazon after leaving the movie premiere?
5. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)