|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
(a) A dance club
(b) A mansion
(c) A ranch
(d) A hunting lodge
2. Why does Esther resolve to "ditch Buddy Willard for once and for all"?
(a) He had kept his affair with the waitress a secret from her.
(b) He is insensitive to her feelings about childbirth.
(c) He cheated on her with the waitress from Cape Cod.
(d) He was no longer a virgin.
3. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) The idioms
(b) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
(c) The verb conjugations
(d) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
4. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
(a) A fig tree
(c) A racehorse
(d) The UN
5. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(b) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(c) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(d) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
2. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
3. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
4. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
5. What does Jay Cee give Esther as she leaves for her lunch date with the two authors?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)