|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther resolve to "ditch Buddy Willard for once and for all"?
(a) He cheated on her with the waitress from Cape Cod.
(b) He is insensitive to her feelings about childbirth.
(c) He was no longer a virgin.
(d) He had kept his affair with the waitress a secret from her.
2. For Esther the world is divided along the lines of---
(d) political beliefs
3. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
(a) Copies of the magazine
(b) Books of short stories
4. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
(b) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
(c) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
(d) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
5. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(b) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(c) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(d) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only man that Esther ever considered losing her virginity to?
2. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
3. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
4. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
5. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)