|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
(b) A phone call from Doreen.
(c) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(d) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
2. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
(a) She panicked not knowing what to do with it.
(b) She ate the contents, thinking it was an exotic soup.
(c) She dipped her fingers in it to clean them.
(d) She asked her hostess what it was for.
3. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She is in love with Constantin.
(b) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(c) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(d) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
4. What keeps Esther from losing her virginity to Constantin?
(a) Constantin refuses to have sex with her.
(b) They fall asleep.
(c) She decides that she would rather wait until she is married.
(d) She receives a phone call and must leave his apartment.
5. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) She is witty and sarcastic.
(c) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
(d) She is fashion conscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
2. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
3. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
4. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
5. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)