|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
(a) The woman is given the drug against her will.
(b) It was created by a man.
(c) It claims to alleviate pain, but actually only makes the woman forget her birth experience.
(d) t claims to make the woman forget the experience, but actually only alleviates pain.
2. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
(b) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(c) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
(d) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
3. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(b) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
(c) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
(d) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
4. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
(a) Women giving birth
(b) His dorm room
(d) Him naked
5. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(b) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(c) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(d) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
2. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
3. What keeps Esther from losing her virginity to Constantin?
4. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
5. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)