|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) The verb conjugations
(b) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
(c) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
(d) The idioms
2. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
(b) She rarely receives phone calls.
(c) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
(d) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
3. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
(a) She sits on the bear skin rug and drinks.
(b) She joins them and dances.
(c) She falls asleep on Lenny's bed.
(d) She leaves Lenny's apartment.
4. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
(a) She is tired and wants to go to sleep.
(b) She feels nauseous.
(c) She wants to see Doreen as soon as she comes back from Coney Island.
(d) She does not like the movie.
5. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
(a) He is the owner of a popular bar.
(b) He is a popular actor.
(c) He is a popular disc jockey.
(d) He is popular dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
2. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
3. How does Esther feel about the cadavers that Buddy shows her?
4. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
5. For Esther the world is divided along the lines of---
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)