|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She is annoyed by the costumes.
(b) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
(c) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(d) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
2. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
(b) His compromised immune system
(c) His dishonesty
(d) His insensitivity to her feelings
3. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
(b) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(c) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
(d) A phone call from Doreen.
4. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
(b) Frankie will not be there.
(c) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
(d) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
5. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
2. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
3. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
4. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)