|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
(b) She is annoyed by the costumes.
(c) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(d) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
2. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) Her commitment to the magazine
(b) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
(c) His illness
(d) Fear of his mother's response
3. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(b) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(c) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(d) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
4. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) The editor of a major literary magazine
(b) Her son, Buddy
(c) An ambassador at the UN
(d) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
5. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) They attend the same college.
(b) They met at a party.
(c) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
(d) They attended the same boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
2. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
3. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
4. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
5. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)