|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She smokes a cigarette.
(b) She takes a hot bath.
(c) She has a drink.
(d) She calls her mother for moral support.
2. What does Buddy tell Esther she will want to abandon once she has children?
(b) Her career
3. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
(a) She wishes she had gone to the magazine party instead of to Lenny's apartment.
(b) It is utterly silent in her room.
(c) She feels abandoned by Doreen.
(d) It is smoky in her room.
4. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
(b) She rarely receives phone calls.
(c) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
(d) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
5. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The trial of the Rosenbergs
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima
(c) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
(d) The execution of the Rosenbergs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
3. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
5. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)