|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
(b) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
(c) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(d) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(b) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(c) She is a literature major and a writer.
(d) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
3. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
4. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) Her son, Buddy
(b) An ambassador at the UN
(c) The editor of a major literary magazine
(d) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
5. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Frankie will not be there.
(b) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
(c) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
(d) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
2. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
3. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
4. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
5. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)