|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) She is fashion conscious.
(c) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
(d) She is witty and sarcastic.
2. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She criticizes his erratic driving.
(b) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(c) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(d) She vomits in his cab.
3. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
(a) They do not want to spend time with the magazine staff.
(b) They decide to go to a bar for drinks with Lenny and Frankie.
(c) They do not want to spend time with Betsy and the other girls from the Amazon.
(d) Their cab is stuck in traffic and they do not arrive until the party is over.
4. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(b) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
(c) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
(d) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
5. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(d) He calls poems pieces of dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
2. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
3. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
4. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
5. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)