|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(b) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(c) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(d) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
2. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Double major in French and English in college
(b) Learn several languages
(c) Write non-traditional articles
(d) Create a compelling resume
3. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
4. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
(b) The hotel maid
(c) The hotel nurse
5. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
(a) As the award for winning a modeling contest, she is modeling for a fashion magazine.
(b) She is attending New York University.
(c) Esther is taking a summer writing course.
(d) As the award for winning a writing contest, she is interning at a fashion magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
2. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
3. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
4. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
5. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)