|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
(a) Doreen lying in a pool of her own vomit.
(b) An angry note from Doreen.
(c) The mustached night maid standing outside her door.
(d) An empty hallway with only a light stain on the carpet.
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(b) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(c) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(d) She is a literature major and a writer.
3. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
(a) She thinks it will convince Lenny and Frankie that she is older than she is.
(b) She saw it in an ad and was attracted to its purity.
(c) She wants to get drunk as quickly as possible.
(d) It is her favorite drink.
4. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
(a) He believes she has the skills and talent to be a successful science major.
(b) She asks interesting questions during his lectures.
(c) He believes she has a purely intellectual interest in science.
(d) She always earns A's in his courses.
5. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Esther know Buddy?
2. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
3. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
4. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
5. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)