|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
(a) The hotel maid
(b) The hotel nurse
2. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The execution of the Rosenbergs
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima
(c) The trial of the Rosenbergs
(d) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
3. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(d) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
4. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She has a drink.
(b) She calls her mother for moral support.
(c) She smokes a cigarette.
(d) She takes a hot bath.
5. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She has food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
2. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
3. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
4. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
5. How does Esther know Buddy?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)