|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(d) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
2. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
3. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She insults his uniform.
(b) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(c) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
4. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
5. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jay Cee give Esther as she leaves for her lunch date with the two authors?
2. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
3. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
4. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
5. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)