|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
(b) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
(c) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
(d) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
2. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
(b) Any dish with avocado in it.
(c) Any dish that has caviar in it.
(d) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
3. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
(b) Jay Cee
4. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
(b) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(c) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
(d) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
5. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
(b) A phone call from Doreen.
(c) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(d) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
2. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
3. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
4. What does Jay Cee give Esther as she leaves for her lunch date with the two authors?
5. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)