|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
(a) Like Esther, Lenny is tall while Frankie is short.
(b) Lenny is much more attractive than Frankie.
(c) Like Esther, Lenny is short while Frankie is tall.
(d) Lenny is more charismatic than Frankie.
2. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The day they saw a baby born.
(b) The day she found out he had TB.
(c) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(d) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
3. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
(b) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
(c) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
(d) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
4. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She has no interest in furs.
(b) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
(c) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
(d) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Esther know Buddy?
2. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
3. Why does Esther like Doreen?
4. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
5. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)