|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(b) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(c) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(d) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
2. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(b) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
(c) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
(d) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
3. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
(a) She ate the contents, thinking it was an exotic soup.
(b) She asked her hostess what it was for.
(c) She panicked not knowing what to do with it.
(d) She dipped her fingers in it to clean them.
4. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
(b) The day she found out he had TB.
(c) The day they saw a baby born.
(d) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
5. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
(a) They do not want to spend time with the magazine staff.
(b) They do not want to spend time with Betsy and the other girls from the Amazon.
(c) They decide to go to a bar for drinks with Lenny and Frankie.
(d) Their cab is stuck in traffic and they do not arrive until the party is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther like Doreen?
2. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
3. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
4. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
5. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)