|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Create a compelling resume
(b) Learn several languages
(c) Write non-traditional articles
(d) Double major in French and English in college
2. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
(a) She is attending New York University.
(b) Esther is taking a summer writing course.
(c) As the award for winning a modeling contest, she is modeling for a fashion magazine.
(d) As the award for winning a writing contest, she is interning at a fashion magazine.
3. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She is annoyed by the costumes.
(b) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
(c) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(d) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
4. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
(a) He is popular dancer.
(b) He is a popular actor.
(c) He is a popular disc jockey.
(d) He is the owner of a popular bar.
5. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(b) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
(c) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(d) She insults his uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
2. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
3. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
4. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
5. Why does Esther like Doreen?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)