|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
(b) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
(c) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
(d) She has no interest in furs.
2. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Learn several languages
(b) Write non-traditional articles
(c) Double major in French and English in college
(d) Create a compelling resume
3. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She is witty and sarcastic.
(b) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
(c) She is wealthy.
(d) She is fashion conscious.
4. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
(b) Any dish that has caviar in it.
(c) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
(d) Any dish with avocado in it.
5. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
(d) She has food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
2. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
3. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
4. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
5. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)