|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
(a) He is a popular disc jockey.
(b) He is a popular actor.
(c) He is popular dancer.
(d) He is the owner of a popular bar.
2. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
(a) Elly Higginbottom
(b) Elly Greenwood
(c) Esther Greenwood
3. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She has no interest in furs.
(b) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
(c) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
(d) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
4. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
5. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
(a) It is her favorite drink.
(b) She thinks it will convince Lenny and Frankie that she is older than she is.
(c) She saw it in an ad and was attracted to its purity.
(d) She wants to get drunk as quickly as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
2. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
3. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
5. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)