|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Create a compelling resume
(b) Learn several languages
(c) Write non-traditional articles
(d) Double major in French and English in college
2. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
(a) Her grandfather
(c) Her mother
(d) Her grandmother
3. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
4. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She has food poisoning.
(d) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
5. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
(b) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(c) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(d) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
2. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
3. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
4. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
5. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)