|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
(a) As the award for winning a modeling contest, she is modeling for a fashion magazine.
(b) She is attending New York University.
(c) Esther is taking a summer writing course.
(d) As the award for winning a writing contest, she is interning at a fashion magazine.
2. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(b) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(c) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(d) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
3. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
(a) Her directness
(b) Her looks
(c) Her success
(d) Her intelligence
4. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
(b) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
(c) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(d) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
5. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
(a) Pollyanna Cowgirl
(b) Sweetheart of Sigma Chi
(c) Kansas Cowgirl
(d) Ugly as Sin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
2. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
3. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
4. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)