|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
2. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(b) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
(c) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
(d) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
3. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She calls her mother for moral support.
(b) She takes a hot bath.
(c) She has a drink.
(d) She smokes a cigarette.
4. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
5. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
(b) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
(c) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(d) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
2. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
3. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
4. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
5. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)