|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
2. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
3. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
(a) He is popular dancer.
(b) He is the owner of a popular bar.
(c) He is a popular disc jockey.
(d) He is a popular actor.
4. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
(b) Frankie will not be there.
(c) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
(d) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
5. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She calls her mother for moral support.
(b) She has a drink.
(c) She takes a hot bath.
(d) She smokes a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
2. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
3. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
4. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)