|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
(a) A dance club
(b) A mansion
(c) A ranch
(d) A hunting lodge
2. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(b) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
(c) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(d) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
3. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Any dish with avocado in it.
(b) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
(c) Any dish that has caviar in it.
(d) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
4. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
(a) Her grandfather
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Her mother
5. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She has food poisoning.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
(d) She has the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
2. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
3. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
4. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
5. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)