|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
(a) Lenny is much more attractive than Frankie.
(b) Lenny is more charismatic than Frankie.
(c) Like Esther, Lenny is short while Frankie is tall.
(d) Like Esther, Lenny is tall while Frankie is short.
2. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She takes a hot bath.
(b) She has a drink.
(c) She smokes a cigarette.
(d) She calls her mother for moral support.
3. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
4. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
(a) Jay Cee
5. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
2. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
3. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
4. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
5. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)