|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
(a) Her looks
(b) Her directness
(c) Her success
(d) Her intelligence
2. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
(b) Any dish with avocado in it.
(c) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
(d) Any dish that has caviar in it.
3. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She daydreams.
(c) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
(d) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(b) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(c) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(d) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
5. What is Lenny Shepherd famous for?
(a) He is popular dancer.
(b) He is a popular actor.
(c) He is the owner of a popular bar.
(d) He is a popular disc jockey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
2. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
3. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
4. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
5. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)