|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(b) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
(c) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(d) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
2. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(b) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
(c) A phone call from Doreen.
(d) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
3. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Learn several languages
(b) Create a compelling resume
(c) Write non-traditional articles
(d) Double major in French and English in college
4. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) She walks alone the 43 blocks back to the hotel.
(c) Lenny drives her home.
(d) She and Doreen walk the 43 blocks back to the hotel together.
5. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She is witty and sarcastic.
(b) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
(c) She is wealthy.
(d) She is fashion conscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
2. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
3. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
4. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
5. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)