|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
(a) Doreen had been smoking before they left and had failed to open the window.
(b) There is a fire in Esther's room.
(c) The smoke materialized out of nowhere.
(d) Doreen left a cigarette burning in an ashtray.
2. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
(c) Jay Cee
3. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
(b) Esther Greenwood
(c) Elly Greenwood
(d) Elly Higginbottom
4. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
(a) She falls asleep on Lenny's bed.
(b) She sits on the bear skin rug and drinks.
(c) She leaves Lenny's apartment.
(d) She joins them and dances.
5. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
(b) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
(c) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
(d) Frankie will not be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
2. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
3. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
4. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
5. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)