|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) An ambassador at the UN
(b) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
(c) Her son, Buddy
(d) The editor of a major literary magazine
2. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
(a) She asks interesting questions during his lectures.
(b) He believes she has a purely intellectual interest in science.
(c) He believes she has the skills and talent to be a successful science major.
(d) She always earns A's in his courses.
3. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(b) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(c) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(d) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
4. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She daydreams.
(c) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
(d) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
5. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Double major in French and English in college
(b) Create a compelling resume
(c) Write non-traditional articles
(d) Learn several languages
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
2. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
3. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
4. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)