|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She has no interest in furs.
(b) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
(c) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
(d) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
2. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
(a) He believes she has the skills and talent to be a successful science major.
(b) He believes she has a purely intellectual interest in science.
(c) She always earns A's in his courses.
(d) She asks interesting questions during his lectures.
3. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
(b) The editor of a major literary magazine
(c) An ambassador at the UN
(d) Her son, Buddy
4. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
(c) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
(d) She daydreams.
5. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
2. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
3. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
4. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
5. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)