|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She is fashion conscious.
(b) She is witty and sarcastic.
(c) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
(d) She is wealthy.
2. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
(a) They decide to go to a bar for drinks with Lenny and Frankie.
(b) They do not want to spend time with Betsy and the other girls from the Amazon.
(c) Their cab is stuck in traffic and they do not arrive until the party is over.
(d) They do not want to spend time with the magazine staff.
3. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
4. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(b) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
(c) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
(d) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
5. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
(a) Her grandfather
(b) Her mother
(d) Her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
2. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
3. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
4. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
5. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)