|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
(a) She leaves Lenny's apartment.
(b) She joins them and dances.
(c) She sits on the bear skin rug and drinks.
(d) She falls asleep on Lenny's bed.
2. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
(a) Like Esther, Lenny is short while Frankie is tall.
(b) Lenny is more charismatic than Frankie.
(c) Like Esther, Lenny is tall while Frankie is short.
(d) Lenny is much more attractive than Frankie.
3. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
4. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Learn several languages
(b) Double major in French and English in college
(c) Create a compelling resume
(d) Write non-traditional articles
5. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
(a) It is utterly silent in her room.
(b) She feels abandoned by Doreen.
(c) She wishes she had gone to the magazine party instead of to Lenny's apartment.
(d) It is smoky in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
2. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
3. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
4. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
5. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)