|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
2. What course of treatment does Joan's first psychiatrist recommend for her?
(a) Group therapy
(c) Shock treatments
(d) Commitment to a mental hospital
3. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 5 years old
(b) 18 years old
(c) 9 years old
(d) 11 years old
4. What does Jay Cee give Esther as she leaves for her lunch date with the two authors?
(a) Some medication.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A stack of manuscripts.
(d) A sealed envelope.
5. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
(a) She throws all of her clothes off of the roof.
(b) She cries hysterically.
(c) She returns home.
(d) She takes a hot bath to wash away the memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
2. Why does Esther resolve to "ditch Buddy Willard for once and for all"?
3. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
4. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
5. Why does Esther's mother bring her roses?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)