|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Esther learn of the circumstances that led to her rescue from the basement?
(a) Dr. Nolan tells her.
(b) Through a letter that her mother writes her.
(c) Joan tells her.
(d) Through a news article Joan shows her.
2. What does Esther tell her mother after the treatment that makes her feel relieved?
(a) She will not go back to Dr. Gordon again.
(b) She feels much better after the treatment.
(c) She has decided to not be depressed anymore.
(d) Dr. Gordon says she is cured.
3. What does Marco give Esther?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) A stylish fan.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A diamond pin
4. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) She is a literature major and a writer.
(b) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) It demonstrates his ignorance.
5. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Learn several languages
(b) Write non-traditional articles
(c) Double major in French and English in college
(d) Create a compelling resume
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
2. What does Mrs. Tomollilo do that gets her placed in the psychiatric ward?
3. Why does Dr. Nolan restrict Esther's visitors?
4. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
5. What does Jay Cee give Esther as she leaves for her lunch date with the two authors?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)