|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tomollilo do that gets her placed in the psychiatric ward?
(a) She giggles uncontrollably all of the time.
(b) She tries to kill herself.
(c) She sticks her tongue out at her mother-in-law.
(d) She tries to kill her mother in law.
2. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(b) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
(c) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
(d) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
3. What does Lenny's apartment look like to Esther?
(a) A hunting lodge
(b) A dance club
(c) A mansion
(d) A ranch
4. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) An ambassador at the UN
(b) Her son, Buddy
(c) The editor of a major literary magazine
(d) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
5. Whose visit to her hospital room angers Esther?
(a) Her uncle's
(b) Buddy Willard's
(c) Her mother's
(d) George Bakewell's
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
2. Why is Buddy eager for Esther to read the poem "Florida Dawn"?
3. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
4. Who is the only man that Esther ever considered losing her virginity to?
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)