|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
(c) The hotel nurse
(d) The hotel maid
2. What does Mrs. Bannister discover about Esther one evening?
(a) She has had a reaction to the insulin injections.
(b) She is sleeping too much.
(c) She has thrown out the roses from her mother.
(d) She is not responding to the insulin injections.
3. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
(a) The woman is given the drug against her will.
(b) It was created by a man.
(c) It claims to alleviate pain, but actually only makes the woman forget her birth experience.
(d) t claims to make the woman forget the experience, but actually only alleviates pain.
4. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
(b) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(c) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
(d) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
5. Why does Esther think that Mr. Willard is telling her that he and his wife had always wanted a daughter?
(a) She thinks that the Willards want to adopt her.
(b) She believes he is about to tell her that Mrs. Willard is pregnant.
(c) She thinks that Mr. Willard wants to make her feel good about herself.
(d) She knows that Buddy is going to propose marriage to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
2. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
3. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
4. What is the first thing that Esther notices about Marco?
5. What causes Esther's skiing accident?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)