|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(b) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
(c) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(d) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
2. What course of treatment does Joan's first psychiatrist recommend for her?
(a) Commitment to a mental hospital
(b) Shock treatments
(c) Group therapy
3. What surprises Esther about Buddy's appearance when she first sees him at the sanatorium?
(a) He has gained weight.
(b) He has cut his hair short.
(c) He looks pale and sickly.
(d) He has lost weight.
4. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) Her commitment to the magazine
(b) His illness
(c) Fear of his mother's response
(d) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
5. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
(a) He has received a scholarship and is excited.
(b) He has contracted TB and must immediately leave for treatment.
(c) He wants to ask for her hand in marriage.
(d) He is concerned that he has given her TB.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
2. Why does Esther's mother ask her about what happened to her face?
3. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
4. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
5. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)