|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
(b) Sleeping pills
(c) Psychiatric care
2. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
(a) Write a novel
(b) Learn a foreign language
(c) Take another course
(d) Learn shorthand
3. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She calls her mother for moral support.
(b) She takes a hot bath.
(c) She has a drink.
(d) She smokes a cigarette.
4. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) To a bar
(b) Back to Esther's college
(c) To Buddy's fraternity house
(d) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
5. What does Buddy take Esther to do while she is visiting him at the sanatorium?
(a) Buy an engagement ring
(b) Go for a drive through the mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
2. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
3. What causes Esther's skiing accident?
4. Why does Dr. Nolan arrive early at Esther's room one day?
5. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)