|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Esther wake up at the start of this chapter?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) In her basement
(c) In her college dorm room
(d) In the psychiatric ward
2. What does Mrs. Bannister discover about Esther one evening?
(a) She has had a reaction to the insulin injections.
(b) She is sleeping too much.
(c) She has thrown out the roses from her mother.
(d) She is not responding to the insulin injections.
3. What does the nurse tell Esther to help her feel more relaxed during her first shock treatment?
(a) It will hardly hurt.
(b) All patients are scared to death the first time.
(c) She will feel like she has gone to sleep.
(d) Few patients have negative side effects.
4. Other than tabloid magazines, what type of books is Esther able to read?
(a) James Joyce's novels
(c) Abnormal psychology texts
(d) A book of short stories
5. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
(a) Doreen had been smoking before they left and had failed to open the window.
(b) Doreen left a cigarette burning in an ashtray.
(c) The smoke materialized out of nowhere.
(d) There is a fire in Esther's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Esther notices about Marco?
2. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
3. Why is Buddy eager for Esther to read the poem "Florida Dawn"?
4. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
5. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)