|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(b) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(c) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(d) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
2. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
(b) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
(c) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
(d) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
3. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) They met at a party.
(b) They attended the same boarding school.
(c) They attend the same college.
(d) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
4. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
(c) One time
(d) 30 times
5. What is Esther's first reaction when Buddy proposes to her?
(a) She feels like laughing.
(b) She is delighted.
(c) She feels nauseous.
(d) She is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan find in a magazine that shocks Esther?
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
3. Why does Esther dislike Dr. Gordon?
4. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
5. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)