|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
(a) He writes her a letter saying he could fall in love with her.
(b) He writes her a letter proposing marriage.
(c) He graduates from college.
(d) He tells Buddy that he and Esther kissed.
2. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
(b) Jay Cee
(d) Her mother
3. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
(a) The hotel nurse
(b) The hotel maid
4. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
(b) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
(c) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(d) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
5. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(b) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(c) She vomits in his cab.
(d) She criticizes his erratic driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan find in a magazine that shocks Esther?
2. What is the first thing that Esther notices about Marco?
3. What does Buddy take Esther to do while she is visiting him at the sanatorium?
4. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
5. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)