|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esther's first reaction when Buddy proposes to her?
(a) She feels like laughing.
(b) She is delighted.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She feels nauseous.
2. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(b) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(d) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
3. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) The idioms
(b) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
(c) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
(d) The verb conjugations
4. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
(a) She asked her hostess what it was for.
(b) She panicked not knowing what to do with it.
(c) She ate the contents, thinking it was an exotic soup.
(d) She dipped her fingers in it to clean them.
5. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 11 years old
(b) 9 years old
(c) 18 years old
(d) 5 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
2. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
3. What does Buddy tell Esther she will want to abandon once she has children?
4. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
5. What does the nurse tell Esther to help her feel more relaxed during her first shock treatment?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)