|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
(a) It ignores a woman's feelings.
(b) It condemns pre-martial sex.
(c) It allows men to have pre-marital sex, but tells women not to.
(d) It advocates marriage.
2. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She is in love with Constantin.
(b) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(c) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(d) She has no desire to marry anyone.
3. Where does Doreen put Esther's clothes to help her forget about them?
(a) Under her bed
(b) In her (Doreen's) room
(c) In the closet
(d) Over the balcony
4. Why can't Marco marry the woman he is in love with?
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) She is going to be a nun
(c) Her parents will not allow them to be married.
(d) She does not love him.
5. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
(a) She stabs him with his diamond pin.
(b) She punches him in the stomach.
(c) She punches him in the nose.
(d) She calls for Doreen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Esther notices about Marco?
2. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
3. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
4. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
5. How does the shock treatment make Esther feel?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)