|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
(a) A racehorse
(c) A fig tree
(d) The UN
2. What does Esther tell her mother after the treatment that makes her feel relieved?
(a) She feels much better after the treatment.
(b) Dr. Gordon says she is cured.
(c) She has decided to not be depressed anymore.
(d) She will not go back to Dr. Gordon again.
3. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(b) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(c) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(d) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
4. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
(b) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
(c) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(d) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
5. For Esther the world is divided along the lines of---
(c) political beliefs
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
2. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
3. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
4. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
5. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)