|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
(b) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(c) She daydreams.
(d) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
2. Why does Esther compare her photo with that of a dead girl published in the paper?
(a) To see if they wore their hair the same way.
(b) To see if they might be long lost sisters.
(c) To see if they looked enough alike to kill herself.
(d) To see if they look enough alike for Esther to fake her death.
3. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
(b) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(c) The day they saw a baby born.
(d) The day she found out he had TB.
4. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Any dish that has caviar in it.
(b) Any dish with avocado in it.
(c) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
(d) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
5. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every third weekend
(b) Every other weekend
(c) Every weekend
(d) Once a month
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
2. What does the nurse tell Esther to help her feel more relaxed during her first shock treatment?
3. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
4. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
5. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)