|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(b) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(c) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(d) She is in love with Constantin.
2. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(b) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(c) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(d) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
3. What does Buddy tell Esther she will want to abandon once she has children?
(b) Her career
4. What does Marco remind Esther of?
(a) A snake in the zoo
(b) A diamond
(c) A tango dancer
(d) A movie star
5. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(b) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(c) She criticizes his erratic driving.
(d) She vomits in his cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther label Marco?
2. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
3. Why doesn't Esther want her picture taken for the magazine?
4. What keeps Esther from losing her virginity to Constantin?
5. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)