|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) The verb conjugations
(b) The idioms
(c) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
(d) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
2. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(d) He calls poems pieces of dust.
3. Why doesn't Esther want her picture taken for the magazine?
(a) She doesn't like the paper rose that Jay Cee gave her to hold.
(b) She feels insulted by Jay Cee.
(c) She doesn't like the way they styled her hair.
(d) She is about to begin crying.
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
(b) They attend the same college.
(c) They attended the same boarding school.
(d) They met at a party.
5. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
(a) They are hardly moving.
(b) They all look sick.
(c) They have blank looks on their faces.
(d) They look like they do not belong at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
2. What keeps Esther from losing her virginity to Constantin?
3. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
4. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
5. Where does Doreen put Esther's clothes to help her forget about them?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)