|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(d) He calls poems pieces of dust.
2. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
(a) The UN
(c) A racehorse
(d) A fig tree
3. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Learn several languages
(b) Create a compelling resume
(c) Double major in French and English in college
(d) Write non-traditional articles
4. What keeps Esther from losing her virginity to Constantin?
(a) She receives a phone call and must leave his apartment.
(b) Constantin refuses to have sex with her.
(c) She decides that she would rather wait until she is married.
(d) They fall asleep.
5. How does the shock treatment make Esther feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
2. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
3. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)