|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She daydreams.
(c) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(d) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
2. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Any dish that has caviar in it.
(b) Any dish with avocado in it.
(c) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
(d) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
3. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
(a) The UN
(b) A racehorse
(c) A fig tree
4. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Double major in French and English in college
(b) Create a compelling resume
(c) Write non-traditional articles
(d) Learn several languages
5. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
(a) She punches him in the nose.
(b) She stabs him with his diamond pin.
(c) She calls for Doreen.
(d) She punches him in the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
2. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
3. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
4. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
5. What does Marco remind Esther of?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)