|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Marco marry the woman he is in love with?
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is going to be a nun
(d) Her parents will not allow them to be married.
2. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
(b) They attended the same boarding school.
(c) They met at a party.
(d) They attend the same college.
3. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
(a) It condemns pre-martial sex.
(b) It advocates marriage.
(c) It allows men to have pre-marital sex, but tells women not to.
(d) It ignores a woman's feelings.
4. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Once a month
(b) Every other weekend
(c) Every third weekend
(d) Every weekend
5. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(b) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(c) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(d) He calls poems pieces of dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
2. What is the first thing that Esther notices about Marco?
3. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)