|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(b) She vomits in his cab.
(c) She criticizes his erratic driving.
(d) She tips him well below the standard rate.
2. What bothers Esther about the article "In Defense of Chastity"?
(a) It allows men to have pre-marital sex, but tells women not to.
(b) It condemns pre-martial sex.
(c) It ignores a woman's feelings.
(d) It advocates marriage.
3. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The day they saw a baby born.
(b) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
(c) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(d) The day she found out he had TB.
4. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
(a) She cries hysterically.
(b) She throws all of her clothes off of the roof.
(c) She returns home.
(d) She takes a hot bath to wash away the memory.
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(b) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(c) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(d) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
2. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
3. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
4. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
5. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)