|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
(b) The verb conjugations
(c) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
(d) The idioms
2. Where does Doreen put Esther's clothes to help her forget about them?
(a) Under her bed
(b) Over the balcony
(c) In her (Doreen's) room
(d) In the closet
3. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) To a bar
(b) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
(c) To Buddy's fraternity house
(d) Back to Esther's college
4. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every weekend
(b) Once a month
(c) Every other weekend
(d) Every third weekend
5. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 9 years old
(b) 5 years old
(c) 18 years old
(d) 11 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Esther to help her feel more relaxed during her first shock treatment?
2. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
3. What does Esther tell her mother after the treatment that makes her feel relieved?
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
5. Who is the only man that Esther ever considered losing her virginity to?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)