|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks the end of Esther's relationship with Eric?
(a) He writes her a letter saying he could fall in love with her.
(b) He graduates from college.
(c) He writes her a letter proposing marriage.
(d) He tells Buddy that he and Esther kissed.
2. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
(a) She takes a hot bath to wash away the memory.
(b) She throws all of her clothes off of the roof.
(c) She cries hysterically.
(d) She returns home.
3. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Write non-traditional articles
(b) Learn several languages
(c) Double major in French and English in college
(d) Create a compelling resume
4. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
(b) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(c) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
(d) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
5. For Esther the world is divided along the lines of---
(a) political beliefs
Short Answer Questions
1. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
2. What surprises Esther the most about Marco?
3. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
4. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
5. What does Esther label Marco?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)