|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
(b) Her mother
(c) Jay Cee
2. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
(c) She daydreams.
(d) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
3. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(b) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(d) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
4. What does Esther tell her mother after the treatment that makes her feel relieved?
(a) Dr. Gordon says she is cured.
(b) She feels much better after the treatment.
(c) She will not go back to Dr. Gordon again.
(d) She has decided to not be depressed anymore.
5. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
(a) Esther believed she was a strong writer, but Jay Cee tells her she is not.
(b) Esther has no room in her senior schedule to take language courses.
(c) Esther cannot afford to take additional language courses.
(d) Esther believed that her thesis on Finnegan's Wake was her ticket to getting a job as an editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
2. What does Buddy tell Esther she will want to abandon once she has children?
3. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
4. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
5. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)