|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What course keeps Esther from considering a major in English?
(a) Old English
(c) Eighteenth century literature
(d) History of the English Language
2. Why does Jody call Esther?
(a) To see if she still needs a room in her house
(b) To see when she will arrive at college for the summer
(c) To inquire about Buddy
(d) To ask about her magazine internship
3. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) To Buddy's fraternity house
(b) Back to Esther's college
(c) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
(d) To a bar
4. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She vomits in his cab.
(b) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(c) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(d) She criticizes his erratic driving.
5. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) She is a literature major and a writer.
(b) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(c) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(d) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
2. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
3. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
4. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
5. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)