|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
(a) Jay Cee
(d) Her mother
2. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every other weekend
(b) Once a month
(c) Every weekend
(d) Every third weekend
3. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
(a) She is not friendly to Esther.
(b) She wears a cameo brooch.
(c) She does not speak.
(d) She will not leave her room.
4. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(b) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(c) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(d) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
5. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) Back to Esther's college
(b) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
(c) To a bar
(d) To Buddy's fraternity house
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
2. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
3. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
4. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
5. What course keeps Esther from considering a major in English?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)