|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Esther's doctor at the private hospital?
(a) Buddy Willard
(b) Dr. Nolan
(c) Dr. Gordon
(d) Dr. Syphilis
2. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
(a) She has developed laryngitis.
(b) She needs a referral for a psychiatrist.
(c) She is plagued by anxiety.
(d) She cannot read or sleep.
3. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(b) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(d) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
4. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
(a) Psychiatric care
(b) Sleeping pills
5. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Gain life experience
(b) Take a summer course
(c) Break up with Buddy
(d) Write a novel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
2. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
3. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
4. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
5. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)