|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
(a) To begin writing her thesis
(b) To help her sleep
(c) To get ahead the following semester
(d) To fill in a gap in her coursework
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(b) She is a literature major and a writer.
(c) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(d) It demonstrates his ignorance.
3. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(b) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(c) She is in love with Constantin.
(d) She believes he is a hypocrite.
4. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The day she found out he had TB.
(b) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(c) The day they saw a baby born.
(d) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
5. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
2. Why does Esther's mother ask her about what happened to her face?
3. Why does Jody call Esther?
4. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
5. How does Esther know Buddy?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)