|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She is in love with Constantin.
(b) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(c) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(d) She believes he is a hypocrite.
2. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(b) She criticizes his erratic driving.
(c) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(d) She vomits in his cab.
3. Why does Jody call Esther?
(a) To see when she will arrive at college for the summer
(b) To ask about her magazine internship
(c) To see if she still needs a room in her house
(d) To inquire about Buddy
4. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(b) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
(c) She insults his uniform.
(d) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
5. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
(a) She wears a cameo brooch.
(b) She does not speak.
(c) She is not friendly to Esther.
(d) She will not leave her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esther's doctor at the private hospital?
2. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
3. How does Esther know Buddy?
4. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)