|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(b) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(d) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
2. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every other weekend
(b) Every weekend
(c) Every third weekend
(d) Once a month
3. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(b) She is a literature major and a writer.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
4. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
5. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
(a) She had many shock treatments.
(b) She was in an accident and had a head injury.
(c) She tried to kill herself.
(d) She has had a lobotomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
2. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
3. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
4. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
5. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)