|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
(a) She needs a referral for a psychiatrist.
(b) She has developed laryngitis.
(c) She cannot read or sleep.
(d) She is plagued by anxiety.
2. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
(a) She threw all of her clothes of of the roof and has nothing to wear.
(b) She gave all of her clothes to Doreen and has nothing to wear.
(c) She has always coveted Betsy's green skirt.
(d) She likes Betsy's clothes better than her own.
3. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
(a) Her mother practicing typing
(b) The squeak of carriage wheels
(c) A car pulling out of a driveway
(d) The phone ringing
4. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
(a) There is no honors program in the English department.
(b) It is surprisingly difficult.
(c) There are more requirements than her own college.
(d) She has already met all of the requirements.
5. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
(a) Learn a foreign language
(b) Learn shorthand
(c) Take another course
(d) Write a novel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
2. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
3. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
5. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)