|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(b) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(c) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(d) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
2. What course keeps Esther from considering a major in English?
(a) Old English
(b) History of the English Language
(c) Eighteenth century literature
3. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
(a) She needs a referral for a psychiatrist.
(b) She is plagued by anxiety.
(c) She has developed laryngitis.
(d) She cannot read or sleep.
4. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
(a) There are more requirements than her own college.
(b) There is no honors program in the English department.
(c) She has already met all of the requirements.
(d) It is surprisingly difficult.
5. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) To a bar
(b) Back to Esther's college
(c) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
(d) To Buddy's fraternity house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
3. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
4. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
5. Why does Esther's mother ask her about what happened to her face?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)