|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
(b) Dr. Nolan
(d) Miss Norris
2. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Gain life experience
(b) Take a summer course
(c) Write a novel
(d) Break up with Buddy
3. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(b) She is in love with Constantin.
(c) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(d) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
4. Why does Jody call Esther?
(a) To ask about her magazine internship
(b) To see if she still needs a room in her house
(c) To see when she will arrive at college for the summer
(d) To inquire about Buddy
5. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
(a) Psychiatric care
(c) Sleeping pills
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
2. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
3. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
4. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)