|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(b) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(c) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(d) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
2. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
(a) She likes Betsy's clothes better than her own.
(b) She threw all of her clothes of of the roof and has nothing to wear.
(c) She gave all of her clothes to Doreen and has nothing to wear.
(d) She has always coveted Betsy's green skirt.
3. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She insults his uniform.
(b) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(c) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
4. Why does Esther dislike Dr. Gordon?
(a) He failed to cure her depression.
(b) He gave her painful shock treatments.
(c) She didn't feel like he listened to her during their sessions.
(d) He had her committed to a public hospital.
5. Why does Esther's mother ask her about what happened to her face?
(a) Her face is bruised from Marco's attack.
(b) She is wearing much more makeup than she usually does.
(c) She refuses to smile or move her face.
(d) She has streaks of blood on each cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
2. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
3. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
5. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)