|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(b) She vomits in his cab.
(c) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(d) She criticizes his erratic driving.
2. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every third weekend
(b) Every other weekend
(c) Every weekend
(d) Once a month
3. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(b) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(c) She is a literature major and a writer.
(d) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
4. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
(a) She threw all of her clothes of of the roof and has nothing to wear.
(b) She likes Betsy's clothes better than her own.
(c) She gave all of her clothes to Doreen and has nothing to wear.
(d) She has always coveted Betsy's green skirt.
5. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
(a) She will not leave her room.
(b) She is not friendly to Esther.
(c) She does not speak.
(d) She wears a cameo brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esther's doctor at the private hospital?
2. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
3. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
4. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
5. How does Esther know Buddy?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)