|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(b) The day she found out he had TB.
(c) The day they saw a baby born.
(d) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
2. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) His illness
(b) Fear of his mother's response
(c) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
(d) Her commitment to the magazine
3. Who is Esther's doctor at the private hospital?
(a) Dr. Syphilis
(b) Dr. Nolan
(c) Dr. Gordon
(d) Buddy Willard
4. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
(a) The squeak of carriage wheels
(b) A car pulling out of a driveway
(c) The phone ringing
(d) Her mother practicing typing
5. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(b) She has no desire to marry anyone.
(c) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(d) She is in love with Constantin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course keeps Esther from considering a major in English?
2. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
3. How does Esther know Buddy?
4. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
5. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)