|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She insults his uniform.
(b) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(c) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
2. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(b) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(d) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
3. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Take a summer course
(b) Break up with Buddy
(c) Gain life experience
(d) Write a novel
4. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
(a) She has already met all of the requirements.
(b) It is surprisingly difficult.
(c) There is no honors program in the English department.
(d) There are more requirements than her own college.
5. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
(a) She is not friendly to Esther.
(b) She does not speak.
(c) She will not leave her room.
(d) She wears a cameo brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
2. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
3. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
4. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
5. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)