|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Dodo Conway have?
2. Why does Esther dislike Dr. Gordon?
(a) He failed to cure her depression.
(b) He gave her painful shock treatments.
(c) She didn't feel like he listened to her during their sessions.
(d) He had her committed to a public hospital.
3. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(b) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) She is a literature major and a writer.
4. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
(a) Jay Cee
(d) Her mother
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(b) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(d) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jody call Esther?
2. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
3. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
4. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
5. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)