|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) His illness
(b) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
(c) Her commitment to the magazine
(d) Fear of his mother's response
2. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(b) She vomits in his cab.
(c) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(d) She criticizes his erratic driving.
3. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Take a summer course
(b) Gain life experience
(c) Write a novel
(d) Break up with Buddy
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) They attend the same college.
(b) They attended the same boarding school.
(c) They met at a party.
(d) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
5. Why does Esther dislike Dr. Gordon?
(a) He gave her painful shock treatments.
(b) She didn't feel like he listened to her during their sessions.
(c) He had her committed to a public hospital.
(d) He failed to cure her depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
2. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
3. What course keeps Esther from considering a major in English?
4. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
5. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)