|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
2. What is the amount of the legacy?
3. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
4. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
5. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Ike, Major deSpain and Boon. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of man vs. nature. Identify at least two themes about man vs. nature in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Old Ben. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Old Ben in the story?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)