|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
2. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
3. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
4. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
5. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Old Ben. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Old Ben in the story?
Essay Topic 2
THE BEAR is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Ike begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Ike is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)