|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
2. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
3. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
4. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
5. Who is sent to get a doctor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the story THE BEAR? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sam's evolving relationship with Ike. How does he gently guide him into becoming a man and being able to shoot and hunt properly? How does Sam teach Ike to live with peace and dignity and with respect for nature?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)