|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
2. What is Ike's profession at this point in time?
3. What is Boon's greatest vice?
4. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
5. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the story THE BEAR? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Old Ben. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Old Ben in the story?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)