|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
2. Which of the following does Sam not do after Old Ben is killed?
3. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
4. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
5. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
The reader is introduced to some Native American beliefs and tradition through the character of Sam Fathers. Cite at least three examples of Native American folklore in the book and note why you selected these examples as representative of the Native American culture.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)