|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to town with Boon?
2. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
3. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
4. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
5. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sam's evolving relationship with Ike. How does he gently guide him into becoming a man and being able to shoot and hunt properly? How does Sam teach Ike to live with peace and dignity and with respect for nature?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Boon. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)