|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
2. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
3. What has happened to several of the dogs other than Lion on the hunting trips?
4. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
5. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ike begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Ike is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)