|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount of the legacy?
2. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
3. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
4. What does Boon hit when he misses while shooting at a black man?
5. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wilderness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The scene where Old Ben is killed is the climax of the story and also a turning point for Ike in a few ways. Evaluate the scene and cite at least three ways that indicate that Ike is maturing and changing.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)