Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
4. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
5. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
Essay Topic 1
Ike begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Ike is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Old Ben. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Old Ben in the story?
Essay Topic 3
The wilderness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)