|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
2. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
3. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
4. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
5. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE BEAR is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Old Ben. What does Old Ben symbolize for the men? Cite two examples of symbolism regarding Old Ben.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ike and his cousin, McCaslin. How are they different? How are they similar? What beliefs do they have in common and what beliefs separate them?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)