|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
2. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
4. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
5. For what are the men waiting in camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
The reader is introduced to some Native American beliefs and tradition through the character of Sam Fathers. Cite at least three examples of Native American folklore in the book and note why you selected these examples as representative of the Native American culture.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of man vs. nature. Identify at least two themes about man vs. nature in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)