|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
2. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
3. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
4. What has happened to several of the dogs other than Lion on the hunting trips?
5. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Old Ben. What does Old Ben symbolize for the men? Cite two examples of symbolism regarding Old Ben.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The wilderness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)