|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to town with Boon?
2. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
3. What is the amount of the legacy?
4. Who was the man who sold the land to grandfather?
5. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sam's evolving relationship with Ike. How does he gently guide him into becoming a man and being able to shoot and hunt properly? How does Sam teach Ike to live with peace and dignity and with respect for nature?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ike. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Ike begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Ike is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)