|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
2. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
3. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
4. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
5. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Old Ben. What does Old Ben symbolize for the men? Cite two examples of symbolism regarding Old Ben.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sam Fathers. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the story THE BEAR? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)