Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
4. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
5. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sam's evolving relationship with Ike. How does he gently guide him into becoming a man and being able to shoot and hunt properly? How does Sam teach Ike to live with peace and dignity and with respect for nature?
Essay Topic 2
THE BEAR is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The wilderness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)