Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
4. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
5. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
Essay Topic 1
The scene where Old Ben is killed is the climax of the story and also a turning point for Ike in a few ways. Evaluate the scene and cite at least three ways that indicate that Ike is maturing and changing.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of man vs. nature. Identify at least two themes about man vs. nature in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Ike begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Ike is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)