|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
2. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
3. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
4. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
5. Who owned the land that Ike and McCaslin now own?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Old Ben. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Old Ben in the story?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Ike, Major deSpain and Boon. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)