|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
2. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
3. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
4. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
5. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
Essay Topic 1
THE BEAR is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Ike, Major deSpain and Boon. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Old Ben. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Old Ben in the story?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)