Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
2. How much does the dog weigh?
3. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
4. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
5. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the anecdote that Ike recalls about taking the train into the wilderness?
2. What is the story about the missing colt during the hunting season when Ike is 14?
3. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
4. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
5. Describe the story that Ike tells about a black girl named Fornsiba.
6. How does Sam react after Old Ben is killed?
7. What is the doctor's appraisal of Lion, Boon and Sam?
8. Describe how Lion and Boon kill Old Ben.
9. What are the circumstances that make Ike and Boon miss the train in Memphis?
10. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ike. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sam Fathers. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Ike begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Ike is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)