|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) He never got a deed.
(b) It was a battlefield.
(c) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(d) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
2. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
3. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They are better people than whites.
(b) They have stronger family ties.
(c) They have nothing to lose.
(d) They have iron clad constitutions.
4. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The waterways.
(c) A third race.
(d) The next generation.
5. Who is Ike's cousin and partner now?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
4. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
5. How did the pony get loose?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)