|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
2. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(a) Old Ben.
3. In what month is Old Ben killed?
4. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
(c) Major deSpain and General Compson's.
5. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
2. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
3. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
4. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
5. How does Ike learn patience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Lion and Boon kill Old Ben.
2. Where does Ike meet Major deSpain for the last time?
3. To what does Ike compare the earth, Sam and the wilderness?
4. What advice does Sam give Ike the next hunting season regarding his gun?
5. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
6. What is the symbolism of Ike's last trip into the wilderness?
7. What are the circumstances that make Ike and Boon miss the train in Memphis?
8. What city is Ike and Boon's ultimate destination and where do they stop first?
9. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
10. To what does Ike compare the time he is first allowed to go on the hunts?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)