Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To have a memorial for Ash.
(b) To build a cabin.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To celebrate birthdays.
2. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Gun smoke.
(b) Old campfires.
(c) The odor of fear.
(d) Moldy leaves.
3. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) Cousin McCaslin.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
4. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(b) Bashing himself against the door.
(c) Lying in front of a fire.
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
2. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
3. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
4. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
5. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the train now symbolize?
2. How does Sam react after Old Ben is killed?
3. How does Sam introduce Lion who comes to be part of the hunting team?
4. Who is the narrator and what does he share with the reader at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. What is the reasoning for Sam's training method?
7. Describe Lion's death the next day.
8. Describe how Ike ambushed Old Ben one day and how it ended?
9. Describe Lion.
10. What happens when Ike leaves his gun behind the next day?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)