|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To use his bow and arrow.
(b) To run away.
(c) To grab his dog.
(d) To get bullets out of his pocket.
2. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(b) By walking when he wants to run.
(c) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(d) By waiting in the rain.
3. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) Cousin McCaslin.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
5. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Major deSpain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
2. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
3. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
5. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
2. What does the train now symbolize?
3. Who is sent for a doctor to tend to Boon and Lion after Old Ben is killed?
4. What did Ike learn about freedom from Old Ben?
5. What does Ike mean when he says there is no death?
6. What is the reasoning for Sam's training method?
7. What city is Ike and Boon's ultimate destination and where do they stop first?
8. How has Old Ben become an integral part of Ike's life?
9. Describe the humorous scene in which Ike finds Boon trying to fix his gun to shoot squirrels.
10. How does Ike describe Boon?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)