|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(d) Attacked Old Ben.
2. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A buck.
(b) A doe.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) A rabbit.
5. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
2. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
3. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
4. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
5. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Ike first encounters Old Ben?
2. Why are Ike and Boon sent to town and who takes them to the railroad?
3. Describe the mysterious circumstances of Sam's death as discovered by the men who return to camp.
4. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does Ike believe God's intentions are for land?
6. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
7. What memory of Ash trying to shoot does Ike recall as he walks into the woods?
8. How has Old Ben become an integral part of Ike's life?
9. What does the train now symbolize?
10. What is more important to Faulkner that chronology in this story?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)