|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) A panther got it.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It ran away.
(d) It was shot by mistake.
2. How old is the narrator of the story?
3. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
4. How long has the narrator been hunting?
(a) All his life.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) Edgar MacKenzie.
(c) Cousin McCaslin.
(d) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
3. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for this story?
2. What advice does Sam give Ike the next hunting season regarding his gun?
3. What memory of Ash trying to shoot does Ike recall as he walks into the woods?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing to begin Chapter 2?
5. Describe what Ike finds in the area with the two graves.
6. Who is Lucas Quintus and why does Ike feel his grandfather is responsible for him and others?
7. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
8. Describe Boon's relationship with Lion.
9. Describe Lion's death the next day.
10. What is the final disposition of the camp by Major deSpain?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)