|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A cabin.
(c) Old Ben's paw mark.
(d) An abandoned mill.
2. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(a) General Compson.
(b) Major deSpain.
3. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Sits on a log.
(d) Goes to sleep.
4. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had no more family still alive.
(b) He was sad about the state of the world.
(c) He was just too tired all the time.
(d) He was really sick.
5. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) The first day of summer vacation.
(b) Christmas morning.
(c) His 10th birthday.
(d) Witnessing his own birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
2. What does Ike see in his dreams?
3. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
4. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
5. What is the dog's color compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lion.
2. Describe the story that Ike tells about a black girl named Fornsiba.
3. Why are Ike and Boon sent to town and who takes them to the railroad?
4. Describe the humorous scene in which Ike finds Boon trying to fix his gun to shoot squirrels.
5. How does Ike feel that he shared the same ancestry with the family's slaves?
6. Why does Sam think Lion will be perfect to hunt Old Ben?
7. Describe Lion's death the next day.
8. How does Sam introduce Lion who comes to be part of the hunting team?
9. What does Ike believe to be the story behind the $1,000 legacy?
10. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)