|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
2. In what month is Old Ben killed?
3. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is young.
(b) He is a trained hunting dog.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He cannot be tamed.
4. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(b) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
5. How long has the narrator been hunting?
(a) 6 years.
(b) All his life.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
2. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
3. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
4. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
5. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the doctor's appraisal of Lion, Boon and Sam?
2. Who is Lucas Quintus and why does Ike feel his grandfather is responsible for him and others?
3. How does Sam react after Old Ben is killed?
4. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
5. What is the story about the missing colt during the hunting season when Ike is 14?
6. What is the setting for this story?
7. What do Ike and McCaslin discuss as they look at their land and what is Ike's opinion of what his grandfather actually purchased when he bought the land?
8. What is the premise of Chapter 5?
9. Describe what Ike finds in the area with the two graves.
10. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)