|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) In a hut.
(b) With the other dogs.
(c) Chained up to a tree.
(d) In a wagon.
2. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(b) He is beautiful.
(c) He is cowardly.
(d) He is seriously ugly.
3. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
4. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A child.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
5. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Sits on a log.
(b) Goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
2. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
3. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
4. What is the dog's color compared to?
5. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is sent for a doctor to tend to Boon and Lion after Old Ben is killed?
2. Describe how Ike ambushed Old Ben one day and how it ended?
3. Describe Lion's death the next day.
4. What does the train now symbolize?
5. Why is Ike reticent to return to the farm with his wife?
6. What advice does Sam give Ike the next hunting season regarding his gun?
7. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
8. Who is Lucas Quintus and why does Ike feel his grandfather is responsible for him and others?
9. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
10. Who is the bear in THE BEAR?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)