|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog's color compared to?
(c) A chestnut.
(d) A blued gun barrel.
2. How old is the narrator of the story?
3. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A panther.
(d) A wolf.
4. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(a) A gun.
(c) A colt.
5. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Major deSpain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
2. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
3. How does Ike learn patience?
4. How much does the dog weigh?
5. What has Ike killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reasoning for Sam's training method?
2. What is more important to Faulkner that chronology in this story?
3. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
4. Describe how Lion and Boon kill Old Ben.
5. Why does Sam think Lion will be perfect to hunt Old Ben?
6. What memory of Ash trying to shoot does Ike recall as he walks into the woods?
7. What is the doctor's appraisal of Lion, Boon and Sam?
8. Describe the mysterious circumstances of Sam's death as discovered by the men who return to camp.
9. What is the premise of Chapter 5?
10. Describe how Ike ambushed Old Ben one day and how it ended?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)