Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
2. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
3. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A canteen.
(b) A compass.
(c) A bedroll.
(d) A knapsack.
4. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A stick.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
5. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(b) A colt.
(c) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
2. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
3. What color eyes does the dog have?
4. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
5. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the anecdote that Ike recalls about taking the train into the wilderness?
2. What is the story about the missing colt during the hunting season when Ike is 14?
3. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
4. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
5. Describe the story that Ike tells about a black girl named Fornsiba.
6. How does Sam react after Old Ben is killed?
7. What is the doctor's appraisal of Lion, Boon and Sam?
8. Describe how Lion and Boon kill Old Ben.
9. What are the circumstances that make Ike and Boon miss the train in Memphis?
10. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)