|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Seth Fathers.
(b) Sandy Feathers.
(c) Sam Fathers.
(d) Sam Feathers.
2. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) An Indian.
3. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
4. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
5. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
(a) Religious zealot.
(b) Hard worker.
(d) Trustworthy person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Old Ben killed?
2. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
3. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
4. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
5. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is more important to Faulkner that chronology in this story?
2. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
3. What city is Ike and Boon's ultimate destination and where do they stop first?
4. Where does Ike meet Major deSpain for the last time?
5. How does Ike describe his feelings of being in the power of the wilderness?
6. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
7. How does Sam introduce Lion who comes to be part of the hunting team?
8. Who is Lucas Quintus and why does Ike feel his grandfather is responsible for him and others?
9. Describe the story that Ike tells about a black girl named Fornsiba.
10. Name some important motifs in this story.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)