|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A panther.
(d) A wolf.
2. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
3. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) It ran away.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) A panther got it.
(d) It was shot by mistake.
4. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
(a) Hard worker.
(c) Religious zealot.
(d) Trustworthy person.
5. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
2. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
3. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
4. Who is the narrator?
5. How old is the narrator of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing to begin Chapter 2?
2. How does the author use a flashback to reveal information through the narrator?
3. What does the train now symbolize?
4. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
5. Why are Ike and Boon sent to town and who takes them to the railroad?
6. What unusual behavior did his father and uncle exhibit regarding the family slaves?
7. What does Ike believe to be the story behind the $1,000 legacy?
8. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
9. What does Ike believe God's intentions are for land?
10. What are the circumstances in which Ike first encounters Old Ben?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)