|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
2. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A knapsack.
(b) A canteen.
(c) A bedroll.
(d) A compass.
3. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(a) Lying in front of a fire.
(b) Bashing himself against the door.
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(d) Attacked Old Ben.
5. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To have a memorial for Ash.
(b) To build a cabin.
(c) To celebrate birthdays.
(d) To go fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
2. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
3. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
4. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
5. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ike mean when he says there is no death?
2. Why are Ike and Boon sent to town and who takes them to the railroad?
3. What memory of Ash trying to shoot does Ike recall as he walks into the woods?
4. Where does Ike meet Major deSpain for the last time?
5. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
6. Many years later, what does Ike realize about Sam and the colt and about Sam's life in general?
7. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
8. What does Ike believe God's intentions are for land?
9. Describe how Ike ambushed Old Ben one day and how it ended?
10. Describe what Ike finds in the area with the two graves.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)