|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
(a) Trustworthy person.
(c) Hard worker.
(d) Religious zealot.
2. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
3. What has Ike killed?
(a) Many birds.
(b) A doe.
(c) A buck.
(d) Many rabbits.
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(d) Attacked Old Ben.
5. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
Short Answer Questions
1. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
2. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
3. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
4. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
5. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ike describe Boon?
2. How does the author use a flashback to reveal information through the narrator?
3. Describe Boon's relationship with Lion.
4. What city is Ike and Boon's ultimate destination and where do they stop first?
5. What is the reasoning for Sam's training method?
6. What is the story about the missing colt during the hunting season when Ike is 14?
7. What did Ike learn about freedom from Old Ben?
8. Name some important motifs in this story.
9. What does Ike believe God's intentions are for land?
10. Many years later, what does Ike realize about Sam and the colt and about Sam's life in general?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)