|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is Old Ben killed?
2. What does Ike see in his dreams?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) A new rifle.
(c) A pretty girl.
(d) A hunting dog.
3. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(a) A colt.
(b) A gun.
4. How old is the narrator of the story?
5. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(d) Old Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
2. What has Ike killed?
3. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
4. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
5. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator and what does he share with the reader at the beginning of the book?
2. Describe Lion's death the next day.
3. Describe Boon's relationship with Lion.
4. What is the story about the missing colt during the hunting season when Ike is 14?
5. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
7. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
8. How does Ike feel that he shared the same ancestry with the family's slaves?
9. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
10. Where does Ike meet Major deSpain for the last time?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)