|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
2. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To use his bow and arrow.
(b) To run away.
(c) To grab his dog.
(d) To get bullets out of his pocket.
3. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
4. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Has one mangled paw.
(b) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(c) He has a solitary nature.
(d) Has sired 36 cubs.
5. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator of the story?
2. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
3. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
4. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
5. What is the dog's color compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lion.
2. What does Ike believe God's intentions are for land?
3. What is the premise of Chapter 5?
4. What is the anecdote that Ike recalls about taking the train into the wilderness?
5. What are the circumstances in which Ike first encounters Old Ben?
6. What does Old Ben symbolize and why do Ike and Sam refuse to shoot him?
7. Describe Lion's death the next day.
8. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
9. Describe what Ike finds in the area with the two graves.
10. What is the symbolism of Ike's last trip into the wilderness?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)