|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
(a) Going down the river.
(b) Disappearing into a cave.
(c) Crossing the river.
(d) Going over the falls.
2. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
3. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
4. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Sam Fathers.
(b) Sandy Feathers.
(c) Sam Feathers.
(d) Seth Fathers.
5. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) Cousin McCaslin.
(d) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
2. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
3. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
4. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
5. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Ike's last trip into the wilderness?
2. Describe Lion's death the next day.
3. How does Sam introduce Lion who comes to be part of the hunting team?
4. Who is the narrator and what does he share with the reader at the beginning of the book?
5. How has Old Ben become an integral part of Ike's life?
6. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
7. What memory of Ash trying to shoot does Ike recall as he walks into the woods?
8. To what does Ike compare the earth, Sam and the wilderness?
9. What does Ike mean when he says there is no death?
10. What is the doctor's appraisal of Lion, Boon and Sam?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)