|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To grab his dog.
(b) To run away.
(c) To get bullets out of his pocket.
(d) To use his bow and arrow.
2. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Sandy Feathers.
(b) Seth Fathers.
(c) Sam Feathers.
(d) Sam Fathers.
3. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A bedroll.
(b) A compass.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A knapsack.
4. In what month is Old Ben killed?
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) Old Ben's paw mark.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) An abandoned mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ike killed?
2. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
3. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
4. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
5. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Ike finds in the area with the two graves.
2. What is the story about the missing colt during the hunting season when Ike is 14?
3. What does Old Ben symbolize and why do Ike and Sam refuse to shoot him?
4. Who is sent for a doctor to tend to Boon and Lion after Old Ben is killed?
5. What does Ike believe to be the story behind the $1,000 legacy?
6. Where does Ike meet Major deSpain for the last time?
7. How has Old Ben become an integral part of Ike's life?
8. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
9. Who is the bear in THE BEAR?
10. How old is Ike at the beginning of Chapter 2 and what are some of his wilderness accomplishments?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)