|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
2. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) An escaped slave.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) An Indian.
3. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
4. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is so huge.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is always angry.
(d) He is the head bear.
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
2. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
3. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
4. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
5. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Ike's last trip into the wilderness?
2. What are the circumstances that make Ike and Boon miss the train in Memphis?
3. What is more important to Faulkner that chronology in this story?
4. Why does Sam think Lion will be perfect to hunt Old Ben?
5. What city is Ike and Boon's ultimate destination and where do they stop first?
6. Where does Ike meet Major deSpain for the last time?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing to begin Chapter 2?
8. Describe the humorous scene in which Ike finds Boon trying to fix his gun to shoot squirrels.
9. What do Ike and McCaslin discuss as they look at their land and what is Ike's opinion of what his grandfather actually purchased when he bought the land?
10. Why does Ike get irritated with Boon and what memory does the experience bring back for Ike?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)