|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) With the other dogs.
(c) In a hut.
(d) Chained up to a tree.
2. In what month is Old Ben killed?
3. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
(a) Disappearing into a cave.
(b) Going over the falls.
(c) Going down the river.
(d) Crossing the river.
4. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) A cabin.
(b) An abandoned mill.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) Old Ben's paw mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
2. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
3. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
4. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
5. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances that make Ike and Boon miss the train in Memphis?
2. Why does Ike get irritated with Boon and what memory does the experience bring back for Ike?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing to begin Chapter 2?
4. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What is the final disposition of the camp by Major deSpain?
6. How old is Ike at the beginning of Chapter 2 and what are some of his wilderness accomplishments?
7. What is Sam's plan for training Lion?
8. How does Ike try to make sense out of the Civil War?
9. How old is Ike at the beginning of Chapter 4 and what is the setting for the chapter?
10. What does Ike mean when he says there is no death?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)