|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) His life was almost over.
(b) He killed Old Ben.
(c) He married a good woman.
(d) He made lots of money.
2. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is always angry.
(c) He is the head bear.
(d) He is so huge.
3. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sits on a log.
4. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
5. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) An Indian tracker.
(b) A doe.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) The sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
2. What does Ike see in his dreams?
3. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
4. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
5. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some important motifs in this story.
2. What did Ike learn about freedom from Old Ben?
3. What is the final disposition of the camp by Major deSpain?
4. To what does Ike compare the earth, Sam and the wilderness?
5. What is the doctor's appraisal of Lion, Boon and Sam?
6. How does Ike describe Boon?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing to begin Chapter 2?
8. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
9. How does Ike describe his feelings of being in the power of the wilderness?
10. Describe how Lion and Boon kill Old Ben.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)