|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
2. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Old campfires.
(b) Moldy leaves.
(c) Gun smoke.
(d) The odor of fear.
3. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
4. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
5. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
2. In what month is Old Ben killed?
3. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
4. What is the dog's color compared to?
5. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ike describe Boon?
2. How does Ike describe the area of the graves as he leaves the place for the last time?
3. How does Sam react after Old Ben is killed?
4. What did Ike learn about freedom from Old Ben?
5. Why does Ike get irritated with Boon and what memory does the experience bring back for Ike?
6. What did Ike learn about pride and humility from Sam Fathers?
7. What is the setting for the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. Describe the story that Ike tells about a black girl named Fornsiba.
9. Why is Ike reticent to return to the farm with his wife?
10. What is the premise of Chapter 5?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)